+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

Default Re: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    A fighting game needs good support after release to stay alive I hope this game gets it
    Only because fighting game tourneys literally ruin everything. Games. Movies. People. Fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Are you talking about all of the three characters on stage at the same time? Because here is more like 1 Main Fighter alongside 2 support characters.
    They've stated its a 3 on 3 arena fighter.

They just don't showcase that because they don't have anything finished yet. Can't show a 3 on 3 with only 4 characters finished.

All of the gameplay we've seen has been 3 on 3, one main and two supports, which is consistent with Jump Victory Vs. so I don't see any reason to expect otherwise.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They've stated its a 3 on 3 arena fighter.

They just don't showcase that because they don't have anything finished yet. Can't show a 3 on 3 with only 4 characters finished.
    It's tag battle.
    Teams of 3, you figth 1v1.

This game looks pretty cool! It has my intere...

it's a 3 on 3 fighter?

Nevermind. Gundam versus and Dissidia both sucked in that format. Maybe it works in arcades, but having to balance around 3 characters at once makes the individual characters less powerful and versatile, makes you less able to really track the enemy, and also leaves you at the whim of stupid AI teammates. Not good.

I think Aralle covers that ground pretty well. Not a boy, but she is a super powered robot child from a highly successful long running Toriyama series and she's in most of these sorts of games.

You are completely right about Arale, she escaped my mind completely.

And while its a 3v3 its like marvel vs capcom 3, not dissidia. A 1v1 with teams of 3.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Robby, I don't remember your opinion on Dbfigther z or one piece burning blood.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Robby, I don't remember your opinion on Dbfigther z or one piece burning blood.
    Fighterz looks cool but I've never liked the tag team switches in fighting games, except maybe all the way back in X-men vs. Street Fighter, but that game was 2v2 and had a really small roster. And I haven't had the patience to practice 2D fighters in a long time, though I used to love them.

And burning blood I never picked up because at the time it came out I'd already gotten my fill of OP from the musou games. (Which also dissapointed me for a lot of reasons... which sucks cause I'm a huge musou fan.)

This one seems to be very close to burning blood on my ignorant perspective as I haven't played either game, but it doesn't seem to be close to disidia 3v3, for 6 total individual players at the same time.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Definately seems as shiny as Dissidia.

Let me clarify, I was talking about gameplay.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Let me rephrase. Definitely seems as floaty as Dissidia

It seems like you can swap characters, but just only one life bar for all 3.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Does this mean no side characters this time? Since I am all on board for the playable Neuro we won't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Does this mean no side characters this time? Since I am all on board for the playable Neuro we won't get.
    A member of the dev team, when asked "What about Shokugeki no soma or Prince of Tenis" answered "think heroe characters" as.. combatants I guess. But the interviewer did ask about combatants, I keep some hope for my idea of a Soma assist where he prepares something, and if the summoner gets to him is a possitive effect, but if the opponent gets it, is the peanut butter tentacle.

See Neuro in action halfway here, the best I can do for you friend:

SW-4128-8032-0729

A member of the dev team, when asked "What about Shokugeki no soma or Prince of Tenis" answered "think heroe characters" as.. combatants I guess. But the interviewer did ask about combatants, I keep some hope for my idea of a Soma assist where he prepares something, and if the summoner gets to him is a possitive effect, but if the opponent gets it, is the peanut butter tentacle.

See Neuro in action halfway here, the best I can do for you friend:

Ultimate Stars was literally how I learned Neuro was a thing lawl.

As mixed as my feelings are on Soma, I would be hella interested in them trying to make him a fighter. Same for Senkuu in Dr. Stone, except that series is still good.

I'd guess if you really try, Soma working like phoenix Wright in MvC3, in a low power style cooking and preping, causing fodgasm illutions, either by eating his food or feeding it to the opponents, getting the food stand, or the duel card spices, the inevitable tentacle, or bathe them in honey, or the unlimited blade works, or a fatality-like killer move on the soma cherubs of chapter 2, where the opponent ascends to heaven.

Sadly my idea with Senku is very similar, getting materials and experimenting, even if it doesn't make sense in a modern world, until a powerful invention is ready.

Checking the development times, it would be hard to get a character that is less than 2 years old, or a development or power that hasn't happened to Luffy, Gintoki, Deku, Asta, or any other theorical player character already in the game, as of the start of the year.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Acording to myself this morning, the most likelly series to be the youngest cut point would be either Black Clover or Burrito, with Dr. Stone a distant third.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

A member of the dev team, when asked "What about Shokugeki no soma or Prince of Tenis" answered "think heroe characters"
    Yes... Like Light from Death Note.... With his flashy fighting style of writing in a notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph D. Light View Post
    Yes... Like Light from Death Note.... With his flashy fighting style of writing in a notebook.
    Meaning that he is in, but not in a combat role.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph D. Light View Post
    They could always have him using a scytche like he did on that one volume cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So he's gonna throw Ryuk at people?

Fighterz looks cool but I've never liked the tag team switches in fighting games, except maybe all the way back in X-men vs. Street Fighter, but that game was 2v2 and had a really small roster. And I haven't had the patience to practice 2D fighters in a long time, though I used to love them.

And burning blood I never picked up because at the time it came out I'd already gotten my fill of OP from the musou games. (Which also dissapointed me for a lot of reasons... which sucks cause I'm a huge musou fan.)
    Did you ever get to play Pirate Warriors 3?

I played the first one but couldn't get my hands on the second so I saw a huge improvement when I got the third. There's always room for improvement but I felt that it was a good musou experience.
    A good amount of characters (and One Piece characters have great/fun powers for musou games), the dream log was great to keep the game running after you completed the story mode. The worst part of that series right now is there is no 4th entry planned.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information