+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

Default Re: JUMP FORCE (2019 Video Game)

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    Did you ever get to play Pirate Warriors 3?
    Nope. I got the second one and wasn't super impressed with that, and 3 didn't really add enough to the roster (or anyone I cared about) enough to justify getting. I assumed 4 would be along soon enough and waiting would give me an extra bunch of characters. I kinda wanted to play Moria, but didn't care about any of the other adds... and they still managed to have Mr. 2 not be playable after three whole games.

Maybe if I'd skipped 2.

I played Orochi, Dragon Quest Heroes and Warframe instead to get my musou fix.

I'll be complaining a lot about this game so bear with me if you please.

Spoiler:
    Starting: Gratuitous blue particles overload

Two times that the clashes lead to stun, was this a perfect guard that Frieza didn't take advantage from? Only way that I could let this go, but the second time is Luffy the one blocking and Frieza the stunned so..

Then with the red hawk, the camera stays in place while Luffy runs ahead, dunno why. Particle overload as well.

Change with Goku at second 10, goku gets interrupted while readying a Kame hame ha. Nothing wrong with this except the particle overload.

00:19 Goku does an ukemi-like move, from prone to guard.

00:20 closeup of goku when going by one of the numerous clashes that the game seems to depend on, I don't like drastic camera changes in fighting games.

00:28 they start the "right behind you" game. I loved gintama's parody of this one.

00:36 naruto is summoned and rushes frieza (without gratuitous face closeup) and tags out goku, maybe the same super bar is used to swap characters?

00:49 no idea what happens here

00:53 and a little before, naruto starts doing attacks with long windup animations, and those are the ones that manage to launch Frieza horizontally

01:00 gas explosion, lovelly

01:07 Naruto swaps with Luffy, who doesn't seem to be doing an special, and after Hawk Gatling, just as easilly Luffy swaps with Goku, who also doesn't use a special

01:30 Naruto finishes using a Rasengan as a summon, chasing frieza for like 3 seconds, while goku charges up a kame hame ha.

Next battle starts at 02:07 without showing the end of the first one. I'm done for now.

Last edited by maxterdexter; June 12th, 2018 at 07:03 AM.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Well, here's my opinion:

I used to buy every One Piece game there was (Japanese, didn't buy any of the English games). I put a LOT of hours into those games but my interest started to wane with Pirate Warriors (the first one was awful, I liked the second when playing co-op, third had that story regurgitation I didn't like so I didn't buy it). I gave Burning Blood a chance because it looked good from the trailers (and bought the Whitebeard Edition) but it was awful. I couldn't play it for more than two hours.

This game looks like Burning Blood. I probably won't buy this game. I think people need to temper their expectations for how many series will appear because it's probably going to be the same or less than J-Star Victory Vs.

I think One Piece works best as an adventure game and the fighting games haven't been too hot (I like the Jump Stars based games though). For a crossover title to be successful I feel like it needs to have a LOT of characters and a fighting game like this won't do it. We will probably never get a game like the Jump Stars games again so the closest things I can think of:
    -Mobile Gatcha (Yep, it would be a money grubbing game but it would also probably have the most characters out of every game)
    -Namco X Capcom clone

2D is now a money-sink and will probably never happen and the 3DS is basically dead leaving only mobile and a game like this to exist.

At the very least it's "different" from JSVV+ as it doesn't has the cutscene for the powerup, but it also lacks the One Good Song.

2d would be the way to go, embrace the manga, but alas.

I'd be willing to hear about the Burning Blood experience tho, can you share some more details?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    I think One Piece works best as an adventure game and the fighting games haven't been too hot (I like the Jump Stars based games though). For a crossover title to be successful I feel like it needs to have a LOT of characters and a fighting game like this won't do it. We will probably never get a game like the Jump Stars games again so the closest things I can think of:
    -Mobile Gatcha (Yep, it would be a money grubbing game but it would also probably have the most characters out of every game)
    -Namco X Capcom clone
    2D is now a money-sink and will probably never happen and the 3DS is basically dead leaving only mobile and a game like this to exist.
    Speaking of mobile games
    Spoiler:

It's not Gatcha thhough, right?

It exudes gachanes.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

New Gameplay of Zoro-

This game is closer to Burning Blood than J Stars which is good since J Stars was horrendous. My only issues with the game so far are the particle effects and all 3 sharing one health bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nope. I got the second one and wasn't super impressed with that, and 3 didn't really add enough to the roster (or anyone I cared about) enough to justify getting. I assumed 4 would be along soon enough and waiting would give me an extra bunch of characters. I kinda wanted to play Moria, but didn't care about any of the other adds... and they still managed to have Mr. 2 not be playable after three whole games.

Maybe if I'd skipped 2.

I played Orochi, Dragon Quest Heroes and Warframe instead to get my musou fix.
    The lack of Mr. 2 bothered me also, I think there were other npc's like him that could have been made playable but my memory fails me right now.
    Man, I could really go for a Pirate Warriors 4. You think there's any change they'll revisit the franchise?

But if you ever happen to find it with a nice discount and are betwen musou's I'd reccomend you give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Well, here's my opinion:

I used to buy every One Piece game there was (Japanese, didn't buy any of the English games). I put a LOT of hours into those games but my interest started to wane with Pirate Warriors (the first one was awful, I liked the second when playing co-op, third had that story regurgitation I didn't like so I didn't buy it). I gave Burning Blood a chance because it looked good from the trailers (and bought the Whitebeard Edition) but it was awful. I couldn't play it for more than two hours.
    It's an anime game, every other franchise entry will revisit the main story.
    I respect your opinion and I too welcome modes with alternate stories or such, but I just always find it weird how many people complain that a video game adapting a known story adapts said known story. That's usually the first thing to expect.

(on a side note: despite the story mode being necessary to get all characters, skills and medals, you spend most of the time in PW3 playing the Dream log/free mode, where you choose which island to go and get a some nice rng to keep things fresh)

Quote Originally Posted by NZH97 View Post
    New Gameplay of Zoro-

This game is closer to Burning Blood than J Stars which is good since J Stars was horrendous. My only issues with the game so far are the particle effects and all 3 sharing one health bar.
    What are the chances of me getting Usopp in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph D. Light View Post
    What are the chances of me getting Usopp in this game?
    Short version, very unlikelly.

Longer version: Usopp is not in the top ten of popularity of One Piece characters, hasn't been a figther in the past crossover games, was an Assist as Sogeking singing and shooting the firebird/using Usopp's noise in JUS, but he does present an unique moveset with Joke or trap-like close range attacks, strong long range attacks, Yusuke from Yu Yu hakusho or the team Tamakoma II of world trigger could imitate part of his style.

As an Usopp and One Piece in general I'd love to get all strawhats in, someway or another (was thinking on either following the JUS model and have Luffy, Zoro and Sanji as fighters and the rest as support, or having them 3, and another two roster slots, one for Nami with Brook and Chopper as part of her moveset, and the other for Franky with Robin and Usopp as part of his moveset)

But there is the fact that they have the Burning blood assets, so porting One Piece characters should be relativelly easy.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Longer version: Usopp is not in the top ten of popularity of One Piece characters,
    People are philistines...

If I have to guess, most franchises that had full playable characters in Jstars will likely reappear in this game (+ newer manga), except for maybe the gag-characters, but I would like for them to be kept.
    I think what will set this appart from Jstars in terms of reception is that it'll have an actual story mode, but judging from Spike's previous efforts with Bruning Blood, maybe it won't be really competent. It still largely depends on what the director pushes for.
    I really dislike how they're disregarding non-action series, as if Shonen lacks the variety, but then again how could they balance Sakuragi or Tsubasa in a fighting game.
    They should be able to go around and include Yugi even though he's not a fighter, with a little bit of imagination by making him keep one monster (from the duel monsters) floating around him akin to stands.
    Speaking of stands, Jotaro will probably be the one representing his franchise this time around, specially since data mining for Jstars revealed it had assests for Jotaro, so maybe they changed their mind in the last minute and included Jonathan and Joseph instead.
    Now that I think about it, Jstars had assests for Yoh from Shaman King and Dai from Dragon Quest too, and since Yoh cannot be included due to changing publishers, will Dai make it? (can Bandai obtain the lisence temporarily from SquareEnix for the sake of Jump Force?)

It exudes gachanes.
    Yeah, it's gacha, should've done my research.

But there is the fact that they have the Burning blood assets, so porting One Piece characters should be relativelly easy.
    I really hope they do so, specially considering they're already heavily refrencing BB for Luffy and Zoro, but I've a feeling they'll include a villain instead.
    Last edited by Brainyz; June 12th, 2018 at 08:09 PM.

My guess on why Jotaro didn't made it to jstars is that game was way too anime based, and part III was not released yet (I think).

The three series that seem to me to be licencing challenges are: shaman king (changing editorial) dragon quest (don't know much about dai's adventure only that it was long lasting and he has merchandise, but at the end of the day is squeenix) and Yu GI oh! (Strange that wasn't included in jstars and konami bag-of-dick-nes disease could act up)

Other than them, if something new legal wise is up with kinikuman or saint seiya, or they don't want to distract Fist of the north star fans from the other game, or Watsuki-effect no other past series seem to be likely to get caught in red tape.

Also, while JUS was the better game, it was jstars that managed to do the... Jump to the west, so at least those 52+ characters and their series should be fair game licencing wise, while the JUS bunch (for example, kinikuman, yu GI oh, slam dunk, captain tsubasa) are unknown territory.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Judging from what I've seen, I doubt I'll ever get the game. It doesn't look fun to me like OP:BB before.

Regarding the roster, I just would like for World Trigger to get representation (Yuma and Jin as the most likely candidates). Just to get some life back to that manga I love while praying for the mangaka's return.

Picture this: Yuma as the point character, doing things with the scorpion and just beign there taking hits and being the actual character, osamu in the back line, showing up for some ranged specials with the asteroid/meteor or the spider, and chika as longer range special as she snipes in from far away, with either energy or lead bullets, depending on how true to her character they want to be.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm very optimistic about this game. I see noticeable improvements from J-Stars and Burning Blood.
    Maybe there's some hope for Yugi now that Snake is back in a new Smash game.

Yugi worked very well in JUS, swords of revealing light and revive monsters, gearfreed and celtic guardian, throw giant dice and capsule monsters, black magician and black magician girl, the egypcian gods as super attack.

http://spritedatabase.net/file/1062/Yugi

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

He also used Kuribo to block.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

But what would Pot of Greed do?

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar

I'm definitely maining Zoro after seeing that sick detailed one sword style lion strike. Sasuke moveset is awesome too, I like how they zoom on his face for his attacks and amaterasu feels more realistic than J Stars Victory VS.

I can't wait to see Ace, Boa Hancock, and Akainu.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

it looks pretty at first, but the sparkles get annoying quite quickly.

gameplay looks confusing and kinda slopy. I couldn't tell apart most moves from Zoro, sad thing to say since there's really not much a do about it. I mean, JUS could do them justice.

the thing I'm most curious about is how they are going to play with the cast, but I'm not holding my breath, unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information