+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Where is the fake strawhat crew available? I want to ask a friend in Japan to pick it up for me.

do those cards actually have new info or are just for collection sake?

As spain got the translated databooks, I'm certain that I'll be able to get these in the future.

For now I'm shocked that Luffy and Zoro were actually born where they grew up.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    do those cards actually have new info or are just for collection sake?
    Greg just said on twitter that Yassop's epithet is "The Chaser", and that originally Garp would have spelled it out in Water 07. So, yep, new info is a given.

Yasopp's epithet was already mentioned in Databook GREEN. 4th panel where Bogart says his epithet.

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Fake Straw Hat Crew, the first promotional file in japanese shops. I hope online shops like Amazon Japan or CD Japan include it too

https://images2.imgbox.com/88/df/VQXTeoHv_o.jpg

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And here HQ scans of the cover, full Luffy file and Skill 001 file.

https://images2.imgbox.com/86/e1/FVeLEwC7_o.jpg
    https://images2.imgbox.com/40/83/onCI7Ai8_o.jpg
    https://images2.imgbox.com/5c/76/RgdItMhD_o.jpg
    https://images2.imgbox.com/e2/ea/9Q9FXL6H_o.jpg
    https://images2.imgbox.com/de/bf/K32ieyFV_o.jpg
    The Fake Straw Hats being a promotional card kind of torpedoes my previous comment about magazine and event cards being mostly alternate clothing for the Straw Hats or movie characters that are designed by Oda and not being cards of characters introduced in the manga. Maybe it'll be reprinted in a future pack since hopefully the staff is aware that not every buyer purchased their copy from a brick and mortar store (unless it's included as a surprise card for those who purchased from Amazon).

Will these cards reveal unseen concept sketches from Oda?

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitebearbepo View Post
    Yasopp's epithet was already mentioned in Databook GREEN. 4th panel where Bogart says his epithet.
    you are right! an apparently this was already suggested in the DEEP BLUE databook as well.

on another hand, least interesting things are coming up, like where people are from, their heights, etc.

I wonder for the character voice section, if a character has been voiced by different voice actors (for various reasons) will it acknowledge it or will it stick with their current voice actor. The only one that comes to mind to me is Smoker who was initially voiced by Ginzo Matsuo (which was his final role before his death in 2001) and was succeeded by Mahito Oba.

Lucky Roo's role on Shanks' crew is Combatant, the same as Zoro on the SH. Don't know if this is new stuff, but there.

And now I just noticed the wikia lists Zoro job on the SH as "swordsman". Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Shanks had great observation haki when he let an 8 million nobody bandit trick him with a smoke bomb

Spoiler:
    Obviously not everything was planned from chapter one though, Im not actually using that for critique lol
    This bothered me too for a while until I remembered that Shanks mentioned his crew literally drank the bar's entire stock. So my headcannon has been that Shanks is beyond blitzed at this moment and got caught by surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    This bothered me too for a while until I remembered that Shanks mentioned his crew literally drank the bar's entire stock. So my headcannon has been that Shanks is beyond blitzed at this moment and got caught by surprise.
    I might have replied with the usual 'why do people think haki is always on after you learn it' bit, but your headcanon is much better and I'm taking it for myself

Im adopting that as a headcanon as well
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I will destroy your world now, sorry, but Shanks had just arrived at the port when Higuma kidnapped Luffy. The day in which Shanks drank the bar's entire stock happened weeks before that.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    I will destroy your world now, sorry, but Shanks had just arrived at the port when Higuma kidnapped Luffy. The day in which Shanks drank the bar's entire stock happened weeks before that.
    Well who's to say he didn't clean the bar's stock that day too! We've seen him drinking in most of his appearances!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Any new juicy info? Someone will do God's work and translate all the files someday?

Well who's to say he didn't clean the bar's stock that day too! We've seen him drinking in most of his appearances!
    I'm in for that.

Eiichiro Oda's message about Vivre Card launch!!

A lot of japanese fans complained about Fake Straw Hat Crew file exclusive only in some japanese shops, so Shueisha clarifies and it seems they will add that card in one of the November booster sets.

Last edited by redon; September 4th, 2018 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post

A lot of japanese fans complained about Fake Straw Hat Crew file exclusive only in some japanese shops, so Shueisha clarifies and it seems they will add that card in one of the November booster sets.
    That is very reassuring for us poor importers (yeah I caved and ordered one). It would have felt pretty odd to do Fishman Island Saga sets without putting those guys in anyway, but confirmation is nice. Luffytaro and Zorojuro might get reprinted for the Wano packs, but the best sign of that will be whether other named disguises like Lucy, Sniper King or, to a much lesser extent, Mr Prince get their own cards too.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I wanted to order the latest Jump with the Luffy-tarou and Zoro-juurou cards on Amazon JP but the shipping and import fees took the cost to ridiculous levels, well over twice the cost of the items. So I'm passing over these 2 cards and praying I find them someday somewhere. I'm getting this damn Vivre Card though, it looks too cool and it seems there was a lot of enthusiasm from Oda while making it. He even commented on it in this week's author comments in Jump.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information