+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Do the booster packs contain random cards?

Quote Originally Posted by nif90 View Post
    I guess it technically hasn't been confirmed yet, but it really, really seems like the cards are NOT randomized. Each pack seems to indicate that it has a select number of characters like the original pack, so it seems pretty certain that cards are not randomized.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Interesting that Law's card is so post-timeskip focused. Maybe the Reload pack will have pre or post timeskip alternates for characters with a big enough change to warrant them. And I suppose also, we know Law is getting a second card with the fourth volume of the magazine, so they could be making his pre-skip design that one. Slightly disappointed that Sniper King doesn't get his own card as well

I hope the 15 - 16 card per pack limit hasn't backed the team into any corners regarding character and card choices, like forcing group cards or EX characters for people who could stand alone, or cutting out pre or post skip cards for ones who have enough info and development for both... We'll have to wait and see!

Anyway, the updated list:
    Spoiler:

Number Name Set
    0 My Card Starter
    1 Monkey D Luffy Starter
    1 Monkey D Luffy (Age 17) Starter
    1 Luffy-Tarou Promo
    1 Monkey D Luffy Skills Volume 1 Starter
    2 Roronoa Zoro Starter
    2 Roronoa Zoro (Age 19) Starter
    2 Zoro-Juuro Promo
    3 Nami Starter
    4 Usopp Starter
    4 Usopp (Age 17) Masters of the East Blue
    5 Sanji Starter
    6 Tony Tony Chopper Starter
    7 Nico Robin Starter
    8 Franky Starter
    9 Brook Starter
    14 Gol D Roger Starter
    15 Anjo (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    16 Monstar (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    17 Shanks Starter
    18 Lucky Roo Starter
    19 Yasopp Starter
    20 Benn Beckman Starter
    21 Mikio Itoo (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    22 Makino Starter
    23 Higuma Starter
    24 Gyoru (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    25 Chicken (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    26 Whoop Slap (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    27 Lord of the Coast (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    28 Koby Starter
    29 Alvida Starter
    30 Heppoko (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    31 Peppoko (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    32 Poppoko (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    33 Rika (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    34 Helmeppo Starter
    35 Soro (EX Characters East Blue Vol 1) Starter
    37 Morgan Starter
    40 Kuina Starter
    41 Koushirou Starter
    46 Buggy Starter
    49 Mohji (Mohji and Richie) Starter
    50 Richie (Mohji and Richie) Starter
    51 Shushu (Boodle and Shushu) Starter
    52 Boodle (Boodle and Shushu) Starter
    55 Cabaji Starter

494 Camie Gathering! Supernovas!!
    518 Trafalgar Law Gathering! Supernovas!!

680 Demalo Black (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo
    681 Chocolat (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo
    682 Turco (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo
    683 Mounblutain (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo
    684 Manjaro (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo
    685 Drip (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo
    686 Cocoa (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo
    687 Nora Gitsune (Fake Straw Hat Crew) Promo

Maybe Reload will also include characters that don't fit into specific packs. Since I'm not sure which packs the Kuja will be featured in. Maybe the Impel Down and Whitebeard packs might have some, although if they do the ones that would likely get cards would be the Gorgon Sisters, Marguerite, Sweet Pea, Aphelandra, and Nyon.

Sandersonia and Marigold might be one card since aside from age difference their histories don't really deviate from one another and they could find away to fit both of their Devil Fruits into their DF section and have their names next to one they ate. Marguerite, Sweet Pea, and Aphelandra could be one card as well, although Marguerite could get her own card since the Green databook revealed that Oda originally wanted her to be a Devil Fruit user and the fact she ran spent more time with Luffy in the story aside from Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by nif90 View Post
    No, they dont.
    The boosters are name differently and you know what you get in some sense. One booster is called "Supernova", the other "Secret Society Baroque" etc.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

uhmm now I'm curious if by any chance this book can be shipped to latin america.
    problem would be I dislike banks a lot, like really. I dont currently own any credit/debit card atm, so I guess my only hope would be one of those gift visa cards?

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    ... wait, so where's Gaimon?

They wouldn't dare giving him one of those lame EX Character bundled with all the weird animals... would they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Well, looking at it....
    Unless Gaimon somehow is included in a different pack for convenience sake, seems like he will be getting the Ex treatment....
    And all that although he is on the frickin cover of that book! Imagine they treated Katakuri like Gaimon. Fans would be head over heels!
    And I can't believe Smoker just reaches Katakuri's knee. I know we have their heights in numbers, so it shouldn't be surprising, but seeing them next to each other is kinda
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

anyone knows a source to read all of one piece databooks in english translation?

Quote Originally Posted by haploid View Post
    anyone knows a source to read all of one piece databooks in english translation?
    I dont think we have the english version translated

But i think we have databook green translated but not all

New scan with next Booster Packs!!

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    New scan with next Booster Packs!!

https://images2.imgbox.com/e7/f3/3Hqw5RYN_o.jpg
    I was thinking they might use the post-timeskip appearances of the Impel Down Staff (since it doesn't seem likely that the Straw Hats will have to revisit Impel Down in the future). Although with the three cards already confirmed, plus the five main staff members (all will likely have separate cards), the Jailer Beasts likely being one card (Blue Deep didn't reveal their Devil Fruits, so I doubt this will as well), plus the five level 6 prisoners that joined the Blackbeard Pirates (assuming they're not one card, since aside from dealing the deathblow to Whitebeard, they haven't done much story wise and I'd think they'd want to keep their histories a secret until they play a much bigger role in the story), plus an EX card possibly covering the Level 2 animals, I'm guessing Ivankov and Inazuma will be in a different pack.

I can't wait to see what number Vivi and Carue are

I could see them being 12 or 13 (although personally I expect those numbers for Merry and Sunny)

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post

I could see them being 12 or 13 (although personally I expect those numbers for Merry and Sunny)
    I had the same thought on that. Artur pointed out that there are 4 vacant spots between Brook and Roger. So I really wonder which numbers Vivi and Carue will have.

So the blackbeard pirates from impel down will be on the impel down set? So where would the kuja cards be?

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post

Pretty sure Merry and Sunny are possessed by the same Klabautermann/spirit/entity. Doesn't make much sense for them to have separate #s. Instead there'll just be multiple cards of the same # like Luffy and Luffytaro.

Also the midget shipwright from the early concept art of the crew looks suspiciously similar to the Klabautermann if that's any indication on Oda's internal thoughts of how he views the ships/klabautermann as a crew member.

#13 will probably be reserved for the ships/klabautermann

#10-12 are probably new members

Also if the time table for the booster packs are accurate then I get the feeling Jinbe will return before then. At least before the Fishman Island set which is only a couple months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    I had the same thought on that. Artur pointed out that there are 4 vacant spots between Brook and Roger. So I really wonder which numbers Vivi and Carue will have.
    I still think there's a high chance the ships will get those spots but I'd rather see Vivi and Carue get those spots as honarary members

Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post
    Pretty sure Merry and Sunny are possessed by the same Klabautermann/spirit/entity. Doesn't make much sense for them to have separate #s. Instead there'll just be multiple cards of the same # like Luffy and Luffytaro.

Also the midget shipwright from the early concept art of the crew looks suspiciously similar to the Klabautermann if that's any indication on Oda's internal thoughts of how he views the ships/klabautermann as a crew member.

#13 will probably be reserved for the ships/klabautermann

#10-12 are probably new members

Also if the time table for the booster packs are accurate then I get the feeling Jinbe will return before then. At least before the Fishman Island set which is only a couple months away.
    Didn't think of that..... hmmm.... I guess there technically the same spirit like you said, but I still think they might get different cards.... I'll have to ponder this

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Maybe the Impel Down pack will reveal whether Magellan and Hannyabal possess Armament Haki. Both of them are the highest ranking officers of Impel Down and have likely had to deal with prisoners who possessed Devil Fruits that might have granted them defenses against more conventional attacks. Also Crocodile, a Logia user, was concerned about Magellan approaching the break out group's position, indicating that he might have possessed a means to bypass the powers of Crocodile's Suna Suna Fruit and the fact that Hannyabal was able to beat both Buggy and Mr. 3 despite the others ability to split apart and produce wax respectively.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I'm curious to see how damn big Wolf is.

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    If you look at the starter set cover all of the cards are shown in the cover so i dont think sentamaru and kizaru will appear in this set maybe sentamaru will appear at the fishman island part 1 set with the fake SHP and kizaru will be on the marineford along with the other admirals so i dont expect aokiji to appear at the water 7 set
    My bad I forgot to count Law on the cover. Just a reminder the fake SHP are in the Impel Down set.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm predicting that the Smoker and Tashigi cards in the Arlong Park pack will likely be their post-TS appearances, which will likely give the Punk Hazard pack room for more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    I guess it technically hasn't been confirmed yet, but it really, really seems like the cards are NOT randomized. Each pack seems to indicate that it has a select number of characters like the original pack, so it seems pretty certain that cards are not randomized.
    Artur, this is a bit offtopic, but in your newest chapter secret you wrote that Jack is half-fishman. Was this officially confirmed or is this a speculation?
    There is sth good about the manga-breaks though, cause it means you are doing your parody chapters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information