+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

^
    It is written in the Amazon link コミック: 64ページ which means the book has 64 pages .

I did write two days ago that the book has 32 as a standard , so this means each card has details on both sides which means 2 pages in one card ! 32 x 2 = 64

I noticed on Luffy's card that it lists the arcs he's been in (although it refers to them as episodes) and last one it lists appears to be Wano. I'm guessing that this binder will likely cover everything from the Fishman Island arc to the Wano arc. It's also likely they might release another binder since there is likely a limit to the number of cards the current binder can hold.

So Luffy is exactly as tall as Luffy. Can't say I'm surprised.

I emailed a guy in Japan I often do business with when I can't find an item through a proxy buying site, and he said based on the measurements on the ad (205 x 150mm) that the binder will likely be the size of an A4 book or a bit bigger.

Full Vivre Card cover from last editor's Live Stream.

"Better" picture.

Breakdown of the characters by the ever-awesome Arimo!

https://twitter.com/ARIMORIA/status/...994698240?s=19

ガイモン Gaimon
    シャンクス Shanks
    バギー Buggy
    モモ Momonosuke
    エネル Enel
    しらほし Shirahoshi
    ルフィ Luffy
    カルー Carue
    ジンベエ JinBAE
    ファルル Fa-horse
    キャベツ Cabbage-man
    チョッパー Chappy
    ロー He is the...
    ブロギー Bruh-gey
    ペローナ Horohorohoro
    ???
    スモーカー Cancer Man
    ルッチ Gucci
    カタクリDogtooth
    ネコマムシ Catviper
    ??? https://t.co/c0Ey8f9kXN

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Jesus. Luffy doesnt even come up to his crotch.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Jesus. Luffy doesnt even come up to his crotch.
    It's ok, he can stretch all the way up there...

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Full Vivre Card cover from last editor's Live Stream.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Did8JneUYAIftuy.jpg:large
    So it is bigger than the other databooks, but still handbook sized. Although based on the size one can assume that the cards hopefully won't be in random packs as myself and a few others had feared. Hopefully they'll make a video covering the cards, so we know what material they'll be made out of, just to know how durable they'll be.

New Shonen Jump scan with more information and pictures!!

Another thing with these cards is that will well get an official English spelling for some of the names that are still debated. For example Koby was "Coby" for several chapters until his ship's flag gave us an official spelling or how Sarkies was "Sarquiss" until an exhibit gave us the official English spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Another thing with these cards is that will well get an official English spelling for some of the names that are still debated. For example Koby was "Coby" for several chapters until his ship's flag gave us an official spelling or how Sarkies was "Sarquiss" until an exhibit gave us the official English spelling.
    After the *ahem* Levely, I'll be taking all romanisations with a grain of salt. Likely they've had more time to edit and sort out this book than the weekly chapters, but that still burned out a lot of the faith I had in them on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    After the *ahem* Levely, I'll be taking all romanisations with a grain of salt. Likely they've had more time to edit and sort out this book than the weekly chapters, but that still burned out a lot of the faith I had in them on that front.
    It could go back to Reverie in the volume release, this wouldn't be the first time a mistake was made in the magazine release (or changing something initially introduced from the chapter release to the volume release). Such as Crocodile regaining missing hand in the cover story or Katakuri's Devil Fruit originally being a Logia in the weekly chapter than changing it to a "Special" Paramecia in the volume release.

Also the cards could still reveal the names of the Devil Fruits for characters like Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Issho, Gallete, Mont-d'Or, and Opera (although for Kin'emon and Kanjuro it'll likely be revealed in the current arc, assuming their cards aren't released in an expansion pack before than).

anybody knows where to get it? cdjapan didn't listed it so is it japan only?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroJuro View Post
    anybody knows where to get it? cdjapan didn't listed it so is it japan only?
    Just go back two pages:
    Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    You can pre order Vivre Card now in Amazon Japan!!!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4089083206

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    While author's intent take priority 99.9% of the time, non English speaker trying to do English does NOT always take priority for an English audience. "How fast the time fleets" for instance is clearly wrong. Franky has been spelled "Flanky" here and there. And names like "Shiryu" being spelled "Shilliew". Or the recent Reverie thing.

Non Japanese names are the one case where Oda saying something is spelled a certain way doesn't actually mean its right, and the translator might need to take some liberties for localization. Especially any names loaded with L's or R's.

(And on top of that, translating between languagues is always an inexact science anyway. There can be multiple technically correct ways to do it. In Dragonball for instance, Goku, Gokuu, and Gokuh are all technically correct.)
    Last edited by Robby; July 23rd, 2018 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    While author's intent take priority 99.9% of the time, non English speaker trying to do English does NOT always take priority for an English audience. "How fast the time fleets" for instance is clearly wrong. And names like "Shiryu" being spelled "Shilliew". Or the recent Reverie thing.

English names are the one case where Oda saying something is spelled a certain way doesn't actually mean its right, and the translator might need to take some liberties.
    Except Shiryu is a japanese name, not english. You would expect Oda to get that one right if he really wanted the character to be named that. I mean, he clearly went out of his way to make the name particularly not japanese both in the romanization and the way it is written (since it is in katakana rather than hiragana or kanji like the other "japanese named" characters).

Not arguing about your whole point, just this particular case because it is a pet peeve of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    While author's intent take priority 99.9% of the time, non English speaker trying to do English does NOT always take priority for an English audience. "How fast the time fleets" for instance is clearly wrong. Franky has been spelled "Flanky" here and there. And names like "Shiryu" being spelled "Shilliew". Or the recent Reverie thing.

Non Japanese names are the one case where Oda saying something is spelled a certain way doesn't actually mean its right, and the translator might need to take some liberties for localization. Especially any names loaded with L's or R's.

(And on top of that, translating between languagues is always an inexact science anyway. There can be multiple technically correct ways to do it. In Dragonball for instance, Goku, Gokuu, and Gokuh are all technically correct.)
    Since One Piece is worldwide known I would kind of expect that the editors would look out for the romanisation. Dont get me wrong, I do not really care about a certain "romanisation" which the one piece wiki considers to be true than rather consistency in the romanisation which is totally off. It is a publishers job to spell check things and to look out for formal consistency.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information