+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1883

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    That's a pretty packed binder! The next pack is basically going to push it's limit, not that it's much of a problem for you until March since you have the Jump Shop binder.

Also just a general question (for others as well) where do you decide to place EX Character cards? I've noticed you've placed yours in between different characters. I generally put them in the back of the binder, but I've also thought of putting them after the final character that was introduced in a saga (ex. the East Blue cards after Dragon). But I was just wondering where others are deciding to place them?

For a while I went with whatever the first number on the card was, but I didn't like how that looked so I shifted them to go at the end of the saga they relate to (with the EX Whitebeard pirates counted as Marineford Saga characters)

Finished my summary for these past two packs, with all the new information:
    https://thelibraryofohara.com/2019/0...w-information/

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Great work as always Artur! My favourite part of these cards is always the "Favourite food" section, especially how you make it easier to visualise each food item being listed.
    If I may add on to your list:
    Koza specifically likes the grilled meat of the Alabasta Warisugi Evil Storks. That's a neat little detail!
    Den likes Asari clams and Mitsuba herbs cooked with his rice. I dunno if that's really a significant detail.
    Fisher Tiger likes taiyaki. While that can be translated to grilled sea bream, it usually refers to the Japanese fish-shaped red bean in cooked dough pastry. Knowing Oda, it's probably both.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Good job...............
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Going over the recent East Blue EX card for the Baroque Works pack I noticed one character was absent: Brannew. It seems kind of odd that he would get card, considering all he's done in the story is report on recent developments such as Luffy's first bounty, the other level 6 prisoners that escaped from Impel Down, etc.. I'm guessing he'll probably be part of the second binder's starter set.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Excellent summary, Artur.
    I really like your articles. On the one about Oden I gotta say, that Oden could have sideburns like Raizou has, instead of a mustache alá Super Mario.
    And I have to politely disagree that Im-sama ordered Moria's death. I guess that high CP0-officers could make good use of the Kage kage no mi by reviving dead slaves with the shadows of other slaves who work Underground @Marijoa without sun light. I can't imagine Im-sama is dealing with such "low" affairs himself.
    And I guess Doffy was the WG's "supplier" of DFs until now. For all we know Doffy (and before him it probably was Trebol) traded with DFs.
    Spandam had 2 DFs, cause he had "Relations". Nice side-info, if we consider finding a single DF is a "once-in-a-lifetime"-Thing.
    The Boa sisters were given 3(!) DFs for fun by the CDs.
    I'd bet Doffy was behind the high amount of DFs the WG had at their disposal.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; January 15th, 2019 at 01:10 AM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Provisional list from Booster Packs 09 and 10 in February.

Powerful enemies in Sky Island.

- Marshall D. Teach "Kurohige".
    - Jesus Burgess.
    - Laffitte.
    - Van Augur.
    - Doc Q.
    - Stronger.
    - Bellamy after timeskip.
    - Sarquiss.
    - Montblanc Noland.
    - Montblanc Cricket.
    - Masira.
    - Shoujou.
    - Conis.
    - Gan Fall.
    - Pierre.

Powerful enemies in Gyojin Island.

- Hody Jones.
    - Hyouzou.
    - Daruma.
    - Dosun.
    - Ikaros Much.
    - Zeo.
    - Hammond.
    - Van der Decken.
    - Pekoms.
    - Tamago.
    - Caribou.
    - Coribou.
    - Gyro.
    - Wadatsumi.
    - ¿¿??
    Last edited by redon; January 21st, 2019 at 07:25 AM.

Oh, looking forward to Sarquiss' card since the demise of the Bellamy Pirates wasn't described in depth in the manga.

Lol @ Gyro presumably getting his own card. One of the missing one's here should be Wadatsumi though.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Aw man, was hoping for an Enel card but guess I'll have to wait till April for that

Spoiler:

- Hody Jones.
    - Hyouzou.
    - Daruma.
    - Dosun.
    - Ikaros Much.
    - Zeo.
    - Hammond.
    - Van der Decken.
    - Pekoms.
    - Tamago.
    - Caribou.
    - Coribou.
    - Gyro.
    - ¿¿??
    - ¿¿??
    a.k.a. the booster only completionists will buy. I mean, Tamago and Pekoms aside.

The other one, on the other hand... can't wait for the second half of Black Beard Pirates.

For both, though, I hope the January boosters will set a trend and we can get as many epithets as possible here (and bounties too, I suppose, although those will probably be only for the New Fishman Pirates).

Jump scan with the information about Booster Packs 09 and 10.

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Jump scan with the information about Booster Packs 09 and 10.

https://images2.imgbox.com/11/f2/1Ql7spbc_o.jpg
    The second Fisman Island pack will have a Zoro and Sanji skill card. I was kind of wondering when they would release more of them. But that probably means that we won't be getting Wadatsumi in this pack, he'll possibly be in the second starter pack or one of the Whole Cake Island packs since they seem to be going by saga appearances for some characters (ex. Fullbody in the Baroque Works pack instead of the East Blue pack and Hatchan in the first Fishman Island pack instead of the Arlong Park pack).

If Conis and Pagaya are in one pack, could the ???-marked one be McKinley? Can't remember any other "early-introduced" Skypean. Oh, that old woman, Margarite (?), who used to be a model.
    EDIT: Looked it up. She is called Amazone.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif

Is there another way to translate the title of pack 9? Because the sky islanders in that pack aren't enemies, and the enemies aren't sky islanders. It really just doesn't work.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    The second Fisman Island pack will have a Zoro and Sanji skill card.
    How the heck can you make that out from these scans? I don't exactly read any Japanese but I don't see their names in any of text either. Is there another source for this?I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶J̶a̶p̶a̶n̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ Scratch that it's the speech bubble in the bottom right, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Is there another way to translate the title of pack 9? Because the sky islanders in that pack aren't enemies, and the enemies aren't sky islanders. It really just doesn't work.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

How the heck can you make that out from these scans? I don't exactly read any Japanese but I don't see their names in any of text either. Is there another source for this?I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶J̶a̶p̶a̶n̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ Scratch that it's the speech bubble in the bottom right, isn't it?
    I should have been a bit more specific about where I saw it, sorry about that. Also I think I see Amazon (the gatekeeper of Skypiea) in the bottom left hand corner in-between Stronger and Shoujou's head shot.

I'm looking forward to the first Skypiea pack, just to see what new tidbits they'll reveal about the initial members of the Blackbeards Pirates (such as what they were doing before joining Teach, confirming that Laffitte's wings are Devil Fruit-based, and if Van Auger, Doc Q, and possibly Stronger are part of the Ten Titanic Captains). Not certain what more they could reveal about Teach without giving away too much story wise.

Eh! You expect a horse to be a captain?!
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Okay maybe Stronger won't be one of the TTCs (meaning two new members joined the crew during the timeskip). But would it really be out of the question for something like that to happen, I mean Oda takes inspiration from history and if something like that were to happen it would likely be based on the story of Caligua possibly making his horse Incitatus a senator:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitatus

BB is not mad. He may be overconfident, but he is a very cunning guys,so....

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    If Stronger ate a form of the hito hito no mi (human), he could become a captain.
    And if not, but is aiming for a hito hito no mi, Chopper's (comedic meant) concern would turn out to be a real concern ("they want my ability!").
    Would be hilarious and also possible in a Story where an ass can speak by farting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information