+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1692

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Thanks again! (16 characters)

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Spoiler:
    Vivre card compilation volume 2:

https://i.imgur.com/FHvFu5L.jpg

Get used to all that black space, there's going to be a lot of it right up to about the 500s - 600s. There's only like 40 characters to do for the 201 to 300 set at the minute. Naturally, I'll update these as new characters are confirmed. I'll also keep them up date in an imgur gallery if people wanted them to be easy to find there.
    You can add Brandnew on number 13 there. It's not official, but I went to read the post-Arlong Park chapters to see who the heck appeared between News Coo and John Giant. And the only character is Brandnew, so there you have it

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    You can add Brandnew on number 13 there. It's not official, but I went to read the post-Arlong Park chapters to see who the heck appeared between News Coo and John Giant. And the only character is Brandnew, so there you have it
    So, he's a brand new character then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Like with the spreadsheet, I'm sticking with what's officially confirmed at the moment, even when the missing characters are 100% obvious and inevitable. When all the announced packs are out I'll look at making educated guesses for the missing characters.

Have three mostly blank images lmao

We have about 75% of the 501 - 600 range, so the next one should look a bit more full (and be another few days away)

And a new imgur, since the old one didn't connect to my account and I couldn't edit it.

Are they really planning on coming up with characters to fill all those blank spots or are they just really hellbent on keeping the character numbers near the chapter numbers?
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Are they really planning on coming up with characters to fill all those blank spots or are they just really hellbent on keeping the character numbers near the chapter numbers?
    They don't really have to "come up" with characters for these spots, since those spots are reserved almost exclusively for already named characters beforehand (and the databook seems like it wants to list everyone). For example inbetween Pagaya and Norland fit in 17 Shandians we already got some info on.

Btw, I really hope that this time we'll finally get a name for the doctor on Noland's ship.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    They are absolutely going to fill every spot. There's more than enough bit parts and one-panel-wonders to do it. Just look at the complete first hundred and tell me how many of those guys you knew even had a name before the Vivre Cards.

Numbers 501 through 600 at last! Join us next time for scanning the entire war arc for the single panel each of Whitebeard's commanders appeared in, which will at least be the last major hurdle between this project and being up to date and ready for next month's boosters. Also even though this is based on the Vivre Cards I'm following my own gut feeling for name romanisations. It's Roswald and Shiryu, don't @me

Numbers 501 through 600 at last! Join us next time for scanning the entire war arc for the single panel each of Whitebeard's commanders appeared in, which will at least be the last major hurdle between this project and being up to date and ready for next month's boosters. Also even though this is based on the Vivre Cards I'm following my own gut feeling for name romanisations. It's Roswald and Shiryu, don't @me

https://i.imgur.com/j0Hcjx3.jpg
    In your opinion, who do you think is #564 and 567. I'm guessing Haredas (564) and Heracles (567), which seems odd for them not to be regulated to EX characters. However I suspect the reason that some characters (such as Merry, Mr. 9, Miss Monday, and I'm assuming at this point Domino and the Jailer Beasts) are chosen as EX characters and others (such as Ipponmatsu) are given their own card is to probably ensure that when they finish a saga (at least with EX cards) is so that the other side of an EX card doesn't start on a new saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    In your opinion, who do you think is #564 and 567. I'm guessing Haredas (564) and Heracles (567), which seems odd for them not to be regulated to EX characters. However I suspect the reason that some characters (such as Merry, Mr. 9, Miss Monday, and I'm assuming at this point Domino and the Jailer Beasts) are chosen as EX characters and others (such as Ipponmatsu) are given their own card is to probably ensure that when they finish a saga (at least with EX cards) is so that the other side of an EX card doesn't start on a new saga.
    I think you're absolutely right on both the characters and the reasoning. There's no one else who could fit in those numbers, and it does sound likely that some of the weirder EX card/full card choices are designed to get those even divides between sagas. How else would you explain Amazon getting a standalone card while Mr 9 and Miss Monday are stuck with EX status (their real names never to be revealed). Plus the logistics of fitting them evenly into the booster packs as well. Really makes you appreciate how complicated this all must have been for the staff to put together.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

601 - 700. The home stretch, for now. I used young Stelly for the art because I'm pulling images from my own archive of the raw manga, and the colour version we have access to hasn't reached his adult appearance yet. That's the kind of thing I'll probably update if this is still a thing I feel invested in when we get that far. Also things like changing Buggy to warlord colours if he gets a second Vivre Card deflecting his current status.

Here we are, the last of the 338 (out of at least 1032, probably over 1100 at this point, realistically) characters currently recorded on the Vivre Cards. I've just put Issho and Stussy in solo here to keep from overloading the thread with big, empty images, but you can check the imgur to see how much black space there actually is around them.

The mysteries of the strong warriors of the Sky
    Presenting new information on God’s Army
    It will reveal Enel’s detailed profile and the secret behind Ohm’s sunglasses!!

Sneaking in! The off limit island!!
    A complete analysis of the mythical creature
    It will reveal the past of the Yeti Cool Brothers and Brownbeard’s real name!!

Quote Originally Posted by gilty View Post

I read this right after I woke up and thought I saw "it will reveal Enel's dating profile" and I was totally ready to hust roll with that as a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gilty View Post

I'm glad they're revealing Brownbeard's real name, hopefully they'll do the same for the Shandia Chief, Baby 5, and Buffalo. It's interesting that they'll reveal what Ohm's eyes look like, although I get the feeling that since he's Enel's strongest priest and with his overall tough appearance Oda might make them comically disarming (which is probably why he wears them in the first place).

I'm also wondering if Enel's card will reveal that he possess Conqueror's Haki. It wouldn't be that out of place considering his position as god of Skypiea, the fact that his Devil Fruit was said to be one of the few with a reputation of being invincible, and by Oda's own admission he's bounty would be 500,000,000 (which is Law's current bounty) if he were active on the Blue Seas. Also the fact that the cards just reveal that certain characters (Shirahoshi, Crocus, Teach, and Stussy) possess Haki despite the fact they have not been shown using it yet, granted Enel does possess Haki to begin with.

I'm also guessing that the Yeti Cool Brothers might be Minks, rather than individuals who were modified by Law's Devil Fruit power.

Here we are, the last of the 338 (out of at least 1032, probably over 1100 at this point, realistically) characters currently recorded on the Vivre Cards. I've just put Issho and Stussy in solo here to keep from overloading the thread with big, empty images, but you can check the imgur to see how much black space there actually is around them.

https://i.imgur.com/qenrdfa.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/7eU62Fo.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/w3PpgNG.png
    Hey I just wanna say thanks for keeping track of all the numbers in such an aesthetically pleasing fashion. It makes it incredibly easy to keep tabs on all of them, far more than all the notes I made, makes it easy to find anyone in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    I'm also guessing that the Yeti Cool Brothers might be Minks, rather than individuals who were modified by Law's Devil Fruit power.
    What if they're mink-giant hybrids? That would actually be pretty interesting

@Captain M and Artur,
    both of you have done very good in your own way.
    The best thing would be if somebody can combine both so that clicking on those images gives details about the characters.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Hey I just wanna say thanks for keeping track of all the numbers in such an aesthetically pleasing fashion. It makes it incredibly easy to keep tabs on all of them, far more than all the notes I made, makes it easy to find anyone in an instant.

What if they're mink-giant hybrids? That would actually be pretty interesting
    Hey no worries. You make the guides you want to see. I was having similar problems with the spreadsheet version I've also been posting in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    @Captain M and Artur,
    both of you have done very good in your own way.
    The best thing would be if somebody can combine both so that clicking on those images gives details about the characters.
    That's actually a really good idea. I don't really have my own website or blog to host on, but if Artur wanted to use them for that purpose on his site I'd have no problem with it.

I have my vivre card too, my japanese friend bring it to me today!!!
    And she saied me that in april there will be 4 booster pack? It's right?

can't wait for next booster

Last edited by silver_planet; March 29th, 2019 at 12:26 AM. Reason: wrong info

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information