View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

117 77.48%
  • Basil Hawkins

70 46.36%
  • X Drake

60 39.74%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

47 31.13%
  • Gekko Moriah

60 39.74%
  • ???

27 17.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    Given Hawkins ability, it's hard to see a lot of the same crew members sticking around for too long. Maybe you get to a certain level of seniority where you're exempt from becoming a straw-shield, but I'd expect a fair amount of turnover on the lower rungs of his crew.
    To be fair, so far every time we've seen the ability being used, the victims have only been random people, or Kaido's henchmen.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

so with the current situation of Pedro and Absalom, could someone 'die' in Wano too??

if Oda keeps killing the cats, Holdem and Sicilian are in so much danger atm.

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Kaido, obviously.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

Im loving this Arc so far. Its so high paced.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I'm not much of a theory maker, but I have a feeling Orochi was originally a peasant or a low-ranking samurai (or maybe even a pirate?), and is modeled off of Hideyoshi Toyotomi, in the vein he was a rags to riches story who then passed several laws strictly defining the social hierarchy of Japan, including making sure peasants could not bear arms. And Orochi does the same thing to make sure no one can emulate his success.

Also, his surname "Black Charcoal" sounds kind of like he was from a family of charcoal makers or something.

King appeared with a sword, suggesting that he could be Zoro's match. So I wonder about Orochi's fighting ability, since we had previously matched him with Zoro...

Orochi is a two sword figther apparently, hope Kin'emon or ShutenMaru get to beat him up, tho we just don't know how strong that dude is.

Are we seriously going to use swords as an identifier for Zoro's opponent?

For all we know, King just has a sword for decoration, among a ton of other characters.

Thats Oda's fault and whatever reason he gave Pica a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Are we seriously going to use swords as an identifier for Zoro's opponent?

For all we know, King just has a sword for decoration, among a ton of other characters.
    Why wouldn't we? Compared to a lot of the frankly absurd reasons or theories give for trying to predict a matchup, it actually is a well-established trend that Zoro is pitted against swordsmen. Even when the sword user in question is atypical in how they wield it (Ohm, Kaku, etc.), Zoro tends to be the one to fight them nonetheless. In addition to that trend, as far as I can recall, Zoro has never teamed up against a swordsman. He always fights/defeats them 1v1.

The only thing that's not certain is which sword user he'll fight, as this is an arc full of them. The general consensus is that it'll either be King or Orochi, and for good reason. Even if he doesn't fight King in the end, saying that his sword might just be only for decoration is hardly a good argument.

Zoro didn't fight a swordsman when he fought Brahm, who had guns, and that was pretty cool. Also when he fought Monet, but she was also attacked by Nami and Robin.

I imagined that Oda gavo King a sword this early to explecitely avoid the Pica situation in which a character gained a sword out of nowhere just to attack Zoro.
    But, as Monquito remembered, we have a lot of samurai on Luffy's side, and it would be nice if they got cool fights too!

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    Zoro didn't fight a swordsman when he fought Brahm, who had guns, and that was pretty cool. Also when he fought Monet, but she was also attacked by Nami and Robin.

I imagined that Oda gavo King a sword this early to explecitely avoid the Pica situation in which a character gained a sword out of nowhere just to attack Zoro.
    But, as Monquito remembered, we have a lot of samurai on Luffy's side, and it would be nice if they got cool fights too!
    Monet had those blade things she carried with her talons, and that fight was mainly fought by Tashigi. And Zoro's fight with Brahm so quick it hardly counts, and he gets a second bigger fight against Ohm, a swordsman. Zoro does frequently fight non-swordsman, but they are usually short scuffles, aren't the big arc fight, or are team-ups.

I don't think fighting swordsmen should be the sole requisite for proving yourself as the world's strongest swordsman (cutting certain substances or defenses, havimg feats against long-ranged threats, mastering new unique techniques, etc are valid trials in themselves), but it is clearly the pattern Oda has set up for all of Zoro's big fights.

Just look at how Pica pulled a random sword out of thin air for a couple pages mid-fight. Pica had absolutely NO USE for a sword when his specialty is being a huge shapeshifting golem, but Oda did it anyway because Zoro having a big arc fight against a non-swordsman bothered his OCD. Even though slicing huge parts of stone behemoth Pica already show how great a swordsman Zoro has become post-timeskip than clashing swords for the umpteenth time.
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 5th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

At this point Kaido being a drunkard is most likely super tied to lead into Orochi's defeat.

Discovered Stowaway Farsighted Annie's Avatar

I think, that Kaido being a drunkard is probably tied into the Orochi myth and probably tied into the fact that He can't die no matter how much he tries, but that is like an observation/ theory on my part. I want to know why Apoo and X Drake joined Kaido. But, overall I like the arc.
    I still, have no idea what I'm doing

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information