View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

150 80.21%
  • Basil Hawkins

83 44.39%
  • X Drake

79 42.25%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

57 30.48%
  • Gekko Moriah

64 34.22%
  • ???

31 16.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

Don't know if anyone pointed this out yet, but I presume that Wano it's gonna be another "Kingdom Rescue" Arc.

Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NoxDraz View Post
    Any idea when the spoilers are coming?? They say the chapter might leak again.
    Or wait until the chapter officially comes out on the 20th
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wano_Ryuuma View Post
    Don't know if anyone pointed this out yet, but I presume that Wano it's gonna be another "Kingdom Rescue" Arc.

Hope I'm wrong.
    I don't want to sound rude but... we kind of knew that since Punk Hazard.

Does anyone else dislike the extremely fast pacing in this arc? After Dressrosa's slow pacing I thought I'd appreciate a faster pace, but this is too much.

Well, it still shares something with Dressrosa so far: It's chaotic as fuck.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

I've come to the conclusion years ago that buzzwords like "pacing" don't hold much weight. It's all subjective and correlated to one's enjoyment of the arc itself.

Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    Does anyone else dislike the extremely fast pacing in this arc? After Dressrosa's slow pacing I thought I'd appreciate a faster pace, but this is too much.

Well, it still shares something with Dressrosa so far: It's chaotic as fuck.
    I’ve heard other people say that, but I don’t agree at all. I think the “pacing” is same as any arc in it’s opening stages.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I've come to the conclusion years ago that buzzwords like "pacing" don't hold much weight. It's all subjective and correlated to one's enjoyment of the arc itself.
    Amen to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I’ve heard other people say that, but I don’t agree at all. I think it’s the same as any arc in it’s opening stages.
    Eh, Oda is literally skipping events left and right, and time is passing at an absurdly fast rate.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

This is a spot-on assessment.

What important stuff related to Wano is being skipped?
    If it's important to the story at the moment, Oda will show it in the manga. If it's superfluous stuff, he doesn't focus on it because his readers should be able to fill in the blanks.
    This is nothing new. It's one of the things that makes the One Piece world feel like an actual, living world where events can happen simultaneously.

If something is really important but Oda doesn't want to reveal it to the readers yet, he'll save it to be shown at a time when it's the most appropriate.

Eh, Oda is literally skipping events left and right, and time is passing at an absurdly fast rate.
    ??? What has he skipped? I genuinely can't think of anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

This also means that, once the anime gets to Wano, it will likely be able to put in filler scenes and padding that feel less like snail-paced, tedious reaction shots and the like, and instead, to quote MasterKingJC, fills in some blanks in a way that can be enjoyable to watch.
    Hidden:

Once the crew split up I definitely felt like the events happening within a given arc moved a little quicker than I expected. Punk Hazard especially made me feel like we were moving a thousand miles an hour. The way things are happening here in Wano almost seem like a bit of a slow down to me. I mean a lot is happening quickly but I don't get a sense that anything is being rushed at the moment.

Absotudalutely!

And buzzwords! That's the word/term I've been looking for. I love how people latch on to these words and regurgitate them left and right.

Pacing, jarring, thematic(Lookin' at you Count, spreading that one), ugh and yucko-pitooey! I also love when people use the word insane or insanity and then proceed to define it as if there was still one person on the planet who didn't know the definition by now.

Everyone needs to watch their language!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Discovered Stowaway

If anything I am thankful for it. I dislike fast pacing when they keep you from engaging in scenes that you should be fully immerse and connected to properly enjoy (mostly dramatic subplotlines), but so far Wano is moving fast without sacrificing engagement so... yay!

Talking Re: Official Wano Thread

Hey wait,where the marimo!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
    Hey wait,where the marimo!?
    Marimo is playing the role of vagabond traveling through to see normal citizens and rally him behind him against the evil government

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Marimo is playing the role of vagabond traveling through to see normal citizens and rally him behind him against the evil government
    realyyy!? Haha marimo bakayarooo

I think that the BB pirates are going to rob the world gov national treasure located in Mariejois. I have seen this idea come up in comments but not in its own post so here we go.
    Laffitte - Has been to Mariejois (snuck in to talk to high-ups about recruiting BB to warlord) and likely got a geographical overview while he was sneaking around there. He is stealthlike in nature, can grow wings (likely fly), and is a hypnotist.
    Shiliew - Can now go invisible... Used to be a head jailer at impel down (connections to WG & possible inside info).
    Catarina - 9-tailed fox D.F. can change into others, known to be cunning (can imagine a million things to do with this)
    Kuzan/Aokiji - BB likely believes he can get inside info on the WG from him
    BB pirates collecting devil fruits - (likely getting more mischievous ones)
    BB was a warlord so he knows the Tarai current and routes well.
    I believe BB is currently rolling through Zou, WCI, and may pit stop at Wano Kuni before he makes his way over to Mariejois to steal some ultimate treasure!!
    Check out a more detailed analysis " Here "
    What do you guys think?

I was under the idea that the national treasure was Im, and that is why Doffy said that if he could have had Law's fruit at the time, he would have had the power to rule the world. I thought about the technique of switching personalities. That way Doffy could have been Im.

Doffy knew a secret big enough that the Elder Stars deemed necessary to give Doffy his status as Celestial Dragon back. Faking news, CP0's intervention, etc.

What do you think the national treasure is? And from there, why would Blackbeard want it?
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Eiichiro Oda hinted at Zoro's connection to Wano in the SBS of Vol.92!
    Spoiler:
    Follow me on twitter@NoxDRaz
    Youtube: NoxDRaz
    Blog:Dawn Of One Piece
    One Piece Collection

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoxDraz View Post
    Eiichiro Oda hinted at Zoro's connection to Wano in the SBS of Vol.92!
    Spoiler:
    The fact that Oda said:"It won't be a major plotline." doesn't exclude Zoro from having roots @ Wano. It won't have a huge impact on his char or personality if that was the case. It'd be additional info about him. Maybe Zoro's sensei is the descendant. Who knows…?

A tiny feedback to the video itself:
    try to time the background-pics with the blocks of text. The reader unintentionally tends to read the same block of text again, cause the background-pic changes.
    Maybe one can avoid this by fading transition between the bg-pics.
    Aside from that a solid vid.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; March 6th, 2019 at 09:20 AM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information