View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

150 80.21%
  • Basil Hawkins

83 44.39%
  • X Drake

79 42.25%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

57 30.48%
  • Gekko Moriah

64 34.22%
  • ???

31 16.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    The fact that Oda said:"It won't be a major plotline." doesn't exclude Zoro from having roots @ Wano. It won't have a huge impact on his char or personality if that was the case. It'd be additional info about him. Maybe Zoro's sensei is the descendant. Who knows…?

A tiny feedback to the video itself:
    try to time the background-pics with the blocks of text. The reader unintentionally tends to read the same block of text again, cause the background-pic changes.
    Maybe one can avoid this by fading transition between the bg-pics.
    Aside from that a solid vid.
    About Zoro's sensei, it could be him too since Oda said it's 'few decades ago'. It could mean 3-5 decades. Or maybe Zoro's parents moved to EB or something.
    I am not sure either.
    And thank you very much for the feedback about the video. I'll keep that in mind.
    The text format is temporary anyway, I am planning to give voice-over in future.
    Follow me on twitter@NoxDRaz
    Youtube: NoxDRaz
    Blog:Dawn Of One Piece
    One Piece Collection

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Watch the descendant be Zoro, and watch it be a minor plotline because Zoro just doesn't give a shit

Spoiler:

Momonosuke said weird word "sunach/snatch" in chapter 934 and Kiku prohibited him from saying it again.
    Here is a theory about what “sunach” means.

Sunach/snatch might be an abbreviation for Japanese old-fashioned word "sunawachi" (即ち).
    It just means "in other words", but there is a famous book regarding Bushido whose author used this old-fashioned "in other words".
    The title is "Hagakure" written by a samurai in 18th century.

In this book, the author made a famous statement;
    "Bushido is, in other words, a way of dying." ("武士道と云ふことは、即ち死ぬことと見付けたり")
    Many Japanese know this line.

Considering Momonosuke will become the king in Wano in the future, Kiku may have thought Momo should not say something sacrificing himself.
    Perhaps Zoro talked Momo about this word as someone who was called "Mr. Bushido" by Vivi.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Momonosuke said weird word "sunach/snatch" in chapter 934 and Kiku prohibited him from saying it again.
    Here is a theory about what “sunach” means.

Sunach/snatch might be an abbreviation for Japanese old-fashioned word "sunawachi" (即ち).
    It just means "in other words", but there is a famous book regarding Bushido whose author used this old-fashioned "in other words".
    The title is "Hagakure" written by a samurai in 18th century.

In this book, the author made a famous statement;
    "Bushido is, in other words, a way of dying." ("武士道と云ふことは、即ち死ぬことと見付けたり")
    Many Japanese know this line.

Considering Momonosuke will become the king in Wano in the future, Kiku may have thought Momo should not say something sacrificing himself.
    Perhaps Zoro talked Momo about this word as someone who was called "Mr. Bushido" by Vivi.
    Thanks for this insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    I don't want to sound rude but... we kind of knew that since Punk Hazard.
    Yeah, I know... but until the arc start I had hope that somewhat it will be different...

I'm currently torn between wanting Oda to add his version of the Shinsengumi because his take on them would probably be cool, and not wanting him to add them because this arc is already big enough as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

With the Urashima-OKiku situation at the beginning of the arc,and the Orochi-Komurasaki similar situation a few chapters ago,Oda is clearly showing us that Wano Country has a problem with women. (Also,remember that one of the first traits we find out about Kinemon at Punk Hazard is his sexism,when he says "A woman place is to stand demurely in menfolk's shadow,and speak with reserve and modesty".) So i think that one of the themes of the arc will also be that women will obtain more indipendence in the country. I expect great things from O-Kiku,Komurasaki (if she is still alive) and even O-Tama.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I'm currently torn between wanting Oda to add his version of the Shinsengumi because his take on them would probably be cool, and not wanting him to add them because this arc is already big enough as it is.
    They would probably be goofy as hell.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I have a question/debate prompter for everyone: Would it have been better if Kaido and his crew were the full rulers of Wano and didn't bother with proping up Orochi as their ruler? I suppose it's sitll early, but Orochi's own forces are pretty much a non-factor thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I have a question/debate prompter for everyone: Would it have been better if Kaido and his crew were the full rulers of Wano and didn't bother with proping up Orochi as their ruler? I suppose it's sitll early, but Orochi's own forces are pretty much a non-factor thus far.
    Well, I like the fact that there are good 'Japanese' guys and bad 'Japanese' guys in the story. It'd have been lame if we have an island with a big amount of references to Japan but each reference is pointing to something 'good' so to speak.

As you said, it's still early, for both Orochi and Kaido's forces.

That aside, no, I don't think it would be better for it to just be Kaido. If that were the case, it'd just be a closer retread of arcs like Dressrosa. It would also pale in comparison to how Totland's rule was a lot more nuanced, as Big Mom's citizens are not forced to live there against their will. Kaido on the other hand is ultimately someone that needs to be taken down in order to liberate Wano. Even though he's of course nowhere near Kaido's might, having Orochi as a secondary antagonist makes things more interesting. Not just because of the intrigue of the role he played in Oden's demise, but also it being rather fascinating to wonder and eventually see how exactly his and Kaido's relationship even started to begin with. That a Yonko of all people has willingly chose to be in the background more or less while Orochi is the cunning figurehead of Wano (perfectly visualized through Kaido having a separate private island away from the main country) adds some spice to the usual formula IMO.

From a design/enemy standpoint, Kaido's men gets to continue the Animal/Card theme, whereas Orochi's handles the Samurai/Ninja theme that we were all expecting. I like that while they all effectively answer to Kaido, it's neatly separated into two groups, which makes it all the more easier for Oda to go all out with the references. It's hard to picture characters like Kyoshiro or the Oniwabanshu remaining exactly the same if Kaido was the only one in charge.

And though we don't know how the final battles will play out, I do like that Orochi is another big name for Kinemon and the Scabbards to focus on. Because let's be real, Kaido's reserved for Luffy.

I don't see any particular benefit to picturing the arc without Orochi, especially this early on.

The problem with Eliminating Orochi is that there would definitely be some kind of rebel force in Wano already fighting against him even before The Strawhats got involved meaning the story would have to be changed significantly.

Kind of a random theory, but the idea of characters getting tortured for information has been brought up a couple of times throughout this arc (Shinobu talking with Law, Nami talking with Usopp, King was described as a "Torture-lover" in his first appearance by Queen). I kind of feel like this might be foreshadowing for, well, someone getting captured and tortured, or at least threatened with torture. Probably Usopp, it could make for a good character moment if he keeps it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Kind of a random theory, but the idea of characters getting tortured for information has been brought up a couple of times throughout this arc (Shinobu talking with Law, Nami talking with Usopp, King was described as a "Torture-lover" in his first appearance by Queen). I kind of feel like this might be foreshadowing for, well, someone getting captured and tortured, or at least threatened with torture. Probably Usopp, it could make for a good character moment if he keeps it together.
    It would probably be played up as a comedy scene. Man it would be cool if they tortured him to death...
    #UsoppIsALameCharacterImFineWithKillingOff #SorryNotSorry

Something i am still not sure about it: does Kaido know that Kinemon and co. are alive? Because Doflamingo in Dressrosa knew about Kinemon and Momonosuke,so i suppose Kaido knows too. So why he didnt tell it to Orochi? Orochi is paranoid but doesnt seem to be sure that they are alive. I am confused about this thing. Am i missing something?

it's dumb but i hope the final blow will be in space

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Quote Originally Posted by lalilulo View Post
    it's dumb but i hope the final blow will be in space
    And Eneru takes out Kaido.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

I'm gonna put a long term prediction out there, something that's been on my mind today. I don't think the final battle of the arc will be at Onigashima. It's been hyped up that way, but think about it. We know nothing about the place. No layout, no obviously battlefield areas, just a few dark interior shots. It's also barely been mention outside of being where Kaido is, and even then it's only come up a few times. Oda likes to set final battles in established and significant locations and at this stage there's not a lot making Onigashima that.

I think there'll be a fight there, don't get me wrong, but it will almost definitely not be the final one. Whether that's at the capitol, the old site of Oden's castle or one of the villages we've seen so far, I don't know. All I know is that Onigashima hasn't yet been set up as the kind of place Oda usually ends an arc at.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I think there'll be a fight there, don't get me wrong, but it will almost definitely not be the final one. Whether that's at the capitol, the old site of Oden's castle or one of the villages we've seen so far, I don't know. All I know is that Onigashima hasn't yet been set up as the kind of place Oda usually ends an arc at.
    I'm reminded of Luffy's confrontation with Crocodile, which ocurred over the course of 3 fights, in 3 different places. I think Onigashima will surely be the place for their second face-off. But in my imagination it's not going to be the last one as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    I'm reminded of Luffy's confrontation with Crocodile, which ocurred over the course of 3 fights, in 3 different places. I think Onigashima will surely be the place for their second face-off. But in my imagination it's not going to be the last one as well...
    My thoughts exactly. Although, I'd like there to be something keeping it from being a total redo of the Crocodile fight's structure. Perhaps Kaido retreats from the second round when he learns Luffy can punch through his armour, instead of winning it outright. Get him drunk first to justify it if it feels like that would take too much away from his otherwise threatening aura

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information