View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

117 77.48%
  • Basil Hawkins

70 46.36%
  • X Drake

60 39.74%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

47 31.13%
  • Gekko Moriah

60 39.74%
  • ???

27 17.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    There will come a point in the story when there won't be any legit rivalry between Luffy and the other Supernovas, and I think Wano will go a long way to making that happen. Unless Oda has other Supernovas bring down Big Mom (which I heavily doubt), the other Supernovas will eventually recognize that the race to become Pirate King is narrowing down to just Luffy and Blackbeard.

I'm calling that Law will die in this arc. Have been for four years now. I just can't really imagine him going off on his own after Wano and operating independently of Luffy, especially since he's a D.
    But how does law's original flashback fit into that? After what wg did to his country, he should help take them down. And Im may be the actual guy that former Ope ope user did the imm operation on so law will have to undo it.

There will come a point in the story when there won't be any legit rivalry between Luffy and the other Supernovas
    It as always been the case. And Right now Luffy is already worth 3 times more than the closest one. I think the difference is already clear.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm calling that Law will die in this arc. Have been for four years now. I just can't really imagine him going off on his own after Wano and operating independently of Luffy, especially since he's a D.
    Whitebeard had D under him. Luffy can do the same. And Doffly already said Luffy was superior thanks to having the haki of kings.

Law will just happily sail away with his crew. HE already accomplish his most important goal.

It hasn't always been the case.

Oda insisted on Luffy Law and Kidd standing together at the auction house. They are also the only ones that destroyed a Pacifista.
    Kidd picked fight with Big Mom during the time skip and was about to target Shanks.
    Only after Dressrosa Luffy had a bigger bounty than Kidd....and Kidd came across Kaido.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    It as always been the case. And Right now Luffy is already worth 3 times more than the closest one. I think the difference is already clear.
    I wouldn't say that. Bege and his crew did a lot of the heavy lifting when it came to the Big Mom stuff, even if he may not have gotten as much credit for it, and the newspapers oversell what Luffy did. Not to undersell what actually happened, but imo Luffy will have to put some work into living up to this image before he can actually settle into a role where the other Supernovas won't compete with him.

Spoiler:

I wouldn't say that. Bege and his crew did a lot of the heavy lifting when it came to the Big Mom stuff, even if he may not have gotten as much credit for it, and the newspapers oversell what Luffy did. Not to undersell what actually happened, but imo Luffy will have to put some work into living up to this image before he can actually settle into a role where the other Supernovas won't compete with him.
    It's not about strength It's about what they do.

2 years ago Luffy did actions that challenged the world order we knew when the others had no such things just the big bounties.

Now Luffy in 1 month will have done more than what the supernovas collectively done in 2 years in terms of upsetting the balance.

They failed to prove anything could happen without Luffy. While Luffy has accomplished plenty regardless of the situation.

There was a chance that could have been changed by having Kidd alliance take Big Mom and Luffy's alliance take Kaido but it didn't happen.

Aa it stands I'm unsure why the readers would consider them rivals since they never did anything to prove they were but I'm happy Oda dropped the pretense and made clear the only real challenge comes from those already at the top(probably why Blackbeard is thrown in there also to give some water to the rival pretense).

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Yet, besides Luffy, Urouge is the only other pirate known for defeating one of the highest weights on moma's crew.
    there's the payback war too, but well Marco no longer served a yonko and Teach is a worst gen anyway(not that we know how it all went but still)

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Yet, besides Luffy, Urouge is the only other pirate known for defeating one of the highest weights on moma's crew.
    there's the payback war too, but well Marco no longer served a yonko and Teach is a worst gen anyway(not that we know how it all went but still)
    It's not as big but it's something. More of them should follow Urouge example and get away with it.

Teach is the only doing something of Luffy's level and interestingly he is the only one that isn't of the supernovas.

It's not as big but it's something. More of them should follow Urouge example and get away with it.

Kid is likely going to, with two Calamities out there needing sum wipe-ass, the rest I'm unsure.

Kid is likely going to, with two Calamities out there needing sum wipe-ass, the rest I'm unsure.
    I don't care about his powerlevel. To prove he is a rival he would need to actually be able to do something by himself.

Urouge invaded Big Mom did a small but impactful dent and got to continue his adventures after and he didn't need Luffy for it.

Kidd? HE likes to talk big but just like the rest to do something he will need Luffy's assistance.

I don't care about his powerlevel. To prove he is a rival he would need to actually be able to do something by himself.

Urouge invaded Big Mom did a small but impactful dent and got to continue his adventures after and he didn't need Luffy for it.

Kidd? HE likes to talk big but just like the rest to do something he will need Luffy's assistance.
    getting screwed by Kaido wasn't his original plan, his plan was messing around with Shanks without* Luffy.

getting screwed by Kaido wasn't his original plan, his plan was messing around with Shanks without* Luffy.
    Which he failed to do. Or do you think he is actually going to get to take down Shanks when all this is over?

Which he failed to do. Or do you think he is actually going to get to take down Shanks when all this is over?
    not, but he's not either to just fight Sheepshead.
    he's much into Calamities and prolly helping Luffy a bit with Kaido.
    much similar to Law defeating Vergo and Trebol, and giving Luffy a hand with Doula Mongo.

Kid is going to not fall around to luffy's side after Wano. I bet he's the guy who would say I'll kill you the next time I see you and be 100% serious about meaning it.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

He kind of already said that in Sabaody

not, but he's not either to just fight Sheepshead.
    he's much into Calamities and prolly helping Luffy a bit with Kaido.
    much similar to Law defeating Vergo and Trebol, and giving Luffy a hand with Doula Mongo.
    And my point was if they are to be Luffy's rival they should be able to accomplish things without his help. Whoever Kidd beats it will be while cooperating with Luffy rather than accomplishing it by himself(by that I mean without Luffy involved in the incident).

I mentionned Urouge because he did it without having Luffy involved not because he beat a commander. Again It's not about power level.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Kid is going to not fall around to luffy's side after Wano. I bet he's the guy who would say I'll kill you the next time I see you and be 100% serious about meaning it.
    He always had a big mouth and a bit desperate for attention.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Oh man, I know this is never going to happen, but imagine if Kidd had come up with some sort of sneaky, surefire way to defeat Shanks before Kaido dropped in on his alliance, and at the end of Wano, Blackbeard comes in and captures or offers a position of power to Kidd...

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    Oh man, I know this is never going to happen, but imagine if Kidd had come up with some sort of sneaky, surefire way to defeat Shanks before Kaido dropped in on his alliance, and at the end of Wano, Blackbeard comes in and captures or offers a position of power to Kidd...
    I think Urouge would fit the Blackbeards great.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

I dunno...he doesn't look too quick on his feet. Hard to sneak up on people and/or run away when all your muscle is concentrated in your upper body.

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    I dunno...he doesn't look too quick on his feet. Hard to sneak up on people and/or run away when all your muscle is concentrated in your upper body.
    Have you seen Champion? e's 90% upper body.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

I agree. But as a cabin Boy or the Job Coby had on Alvida's ship back then.
    Urouge definetly will Play a role once Enel has returned from the moon (or the plot moves to the space, whatever happens first).
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information