View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

215 78.18%
  • Basil Hawkins

116 42.18%
  • X Drake

130 47.27%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

69 25.09%
  • Gekko Moriah

82 29.82%
  • ???

41 14.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1102

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

it's hard to imagine Caribou is strong enough to defeat anyone above Scotch.

With the possibility of Ulti and Page-One vs Usopp and Nami, I've realized that Sanji and Carrot vs Daifuku and Perospero would make absolute sense considering everything that happened in WCI.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    5) Kid and Law fighting Queen and King respectively, no real build-up, even in prison in Udon
    Kid actually has good build-up for Queen since he's been tortured and held prisoner for weeks. Plus, both have been mentioned to have weapon designing as a hobby, so there's a ton of potential from a creative standpoint.

Plus, it's obvious Oda will give Kid an opponent to establish his power. He did the same at Punk Hazard by having one of Doflamingo' most important officers dealt with Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    With the possibility of Ulti and Page-One vs Usopp and Nami, I've realized that Sanji and Carrot vs Daifuku and Perospero would make absolute sense considering everything that happened in WCI.
    People keep bringing up Sanji and Perospero, but I don't see it. He has a blatant advantage against him due to his flames, it just wouldn't be a fun fight at all in terms of tension.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Kid actually has good build-up for Queen since he's been tortured and held prisoner for weeks. Plus, both have been mentioned to have weapon designing as a hobby, so there's a ton of potential from a creative standpoint.

Plus, it's obvious Oda will give Kid an opponent to establish his power. He did the same at Punk Hazard by having one of Doflamingo' most important officers dealt with Law.
    Would need to show a scene in which Kid shows the most animosity in regards to Queen which did not happen iirc. Kid was angry at Kaidou, Apoo and the ones who fed Killer the SMILE. In regards to weapons, Kid´s magnetism makes an opposite weapon user pretty useless, at least if he is half proficient in his ability, which seems to be the case.
    Heck, Queen is handicapped due to his metal arm.

There is a big difference between Vergo and Queen, in terms of power, status of the antagonists, symbolic value and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Would need to show a scene in which Kid shows the most animosity in regards to Queen which did not happen iirc. Kid was angry at Kaidou, Apoo and the ones who fed Killer the SMILE. In regards to weapons, Kid´s magnetism makes an opposite weapon user pretty useless, at least if he is half proficient in his ability, which seems to be the case.
    Heck, Queen is handicapped due to his metal arm.

There is a big difference between Vergo and Queen, in terms of power, status of the antagonists, symbolic value and so forth.
    You mean like how Law had an advantage against Doflamingo because he could cut his strings, but that never ended up being the case? Or the entire Luffy vs. Enel fight?

Like, the biggest hurdle about Queen is that he can turn into a brachiosaurus, so even without weapons, he's still a massive danger.

This statement alone really just nails it all, Kid's not getting anything lower than a Calamity and we haven't seen him going full might yet.

Law's Mountain sized rooms, hawkins giant straw ghost and Bege's mighty castle are making me believe Kidd has a massive power yet to be shown, and doesn't feel like any of the Tobi Roppo would withstand the thing.

You mean like how Law had an advantage against Doflamingo because he could cut his strings, but that never ended up being the case? Or the entire Luffy vs. Enel fight?

Like, the biggest hurdle about Queen is that he can turn into a brachiosaurus, so even without weapons, he's still a massive danger.
    Law had a clear weakness in regards to that that has been shown against Smoker already, he needs time and space to apply his powers, tell me how that applies to Kid who can apply his power from any position and circumstance?
    Luffy and Enel had a huge difference in power that was eradicated by the match-up advantage (similarly to Croc vs Luffy), you could see that with Enel taking care of everyone in seconds, including Wyper and Zoro, Kid and Queen play in the same field of power while one has a huge advantage over the other.

With one limb being controlled by someone else the entire time.

I am not against Kid getting a fight to establish his power, i simply see no hint that that fight is predestined to be Queen.

Mecha vs Kaiju really is a must here. And while I had already pictured Queen's hybrid to absoluetly look like Godzilla/Gojira, especially since he's been given fangs for no apparent reason, it's worth notice that Godzilla actually gets to be colored as yellow in some vintage stuff;

The incredibly popular Pachimon cards, from the 70's; which is the most Queen-look alike thing u'll ever see.

Especially when Queen stand up like this in the anime;

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    This statement alone really just nails it all, Kid's not getting anything lower than a Calamity and we haven't seen him going full might yet.

Law's Mountain sized rooms, hawkins giant straw ghost and Bege's mighty castle are making me believe Kidd has a massive power yet to be shown, and doesn't feel like any of the Tobi Roppo would withstand the thing.
    I can't wait for him to make a really really really really reallly big fist to smash people with.

I'm still waiting for him to drain all the hemoglobin out of his enemies bodies, leaving everyone breathless.

I imagine a scene like where Magneto took a small piece of metal and just let it rip through his opponents at gigantic speed.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I'm still waiting for him to drain all the hemoglobin out of his enemies bodies, leaving everyone breathless.
    Oda is already busy keeping Law and Robin away from most situations considering how, technically, they are way too OP.
    I would not hold my breath of him doing something like that.

This all sounds way to complicated for captain dumbass.

Small metal fists punching people in the bloodstream maybe.

Put a fist in it and it passes the Kidd test.

All this talk of metal powers makes me think of Risotto from Jojo Part 5. Just imagine the size of the razor blades and scissors he could produce in Kaido and the Calamities.

Some graphic comic images below.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I can't wait for him to make a really really really really reallly big fist to smash people with.
    I'm picturing a giant version of the Robot he has on his child sketch.

And the anime playing Mazinger Z intro on it.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

It's interesting that in a land world-famous for swordsmanship and introduced us to the other style of Busoshoku Haki, there hasn't been a peep about Zoro's Asura.

I kind of wonder if Oda has quietly dropped that from the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    It's interesting that in a land world-famous for swordsmanship and introduced us to the other style of Busoshoku Haki, there hasn't been a peep about Zoro's Asura.

I kind of wonder if Oda has quietly dropped that from the series.
    Well we've seen it twice in the comic. Narratively speaking there really hasn't been a place for it yet. Maybe this arc if Zoro gets pushed to his absolute limit against a Calamity or something.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Asura is just too weird of a powerup, so I wouldn't be surprised.

It also looks like a bitch to draw.

Hair stylists in Wano sure are doing great, seems like the arc with the most crazy hair colors ever.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information