View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

103 75.74%
  • Basil Hawkins

63 46.32%
  • X Drake

55 40.44%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

43 31.62%
  • Gekko Moriah

60 44.12%
  • ???

24 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Official Wano Thread

A new adventure begins in the land of the Samurai

All Wano related discussion in here
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

I don't wano talk about it.

Nah, so far the visuals are cool.

The country looks great and peaceful in appearance (aside from one street murderer).
    It's kind of sad that it will probably get utterly destroyed by the fight that is about to take place.

I know Luffy saved the Dressrosa of Doffy's well disguised tyranny.....but...well...90% of the citizens are homeless now right ?

Stowaway w/ 17k posts

Kunoichis and Onna-bugeishas please

Things I would like to have in this arc is someone from Zoro's past as a Bounty Hunter. Maybe his mentor or a senpai... or even a pirate he failed to capture because was too powerful for him back then. Preferably King or Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Things I would like to have in this arc is someone from Zoro's past as a Bounty Hunter. Maybe his mentor or a senpai... or even a pirate he failed to capture because was too powerful for him back then. Preferably King or Queen.

I am sure that Zoros master will be revealed as Samurai from group of best samurais in Wano from like 2 decades ago or so.

I want to see Awakened Zoan users fighting in city streets against stronger Strawhats and Co. Something like we had during Alabasta arc.

I want to see Kidd using his Devil Fruit power to form gigantic mecha-like Robot and fight with one of Kaidous calamities.

I want to see Drake agenda to be revealed.

And I want Sanji to be freaking BADASS in a fight. Him having very hard time fighting Calamity and then using suit to save some lives as he already kind of was part of reason why Pedro died.. and then beating a Calamity with use of a suit even if destroying it or throwing it away after fight, would be freaking badass. And I need that from Sanji. Still not given up on him being purely badass like what Zoro gets on weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I am sure that Zoros master will be revealed as Samurai from group of best samurais in Wano from like 2 decades ago or so.
    Yeah, there's that guy. I don't care about the dojo people, I actually want to see someone from his bounty hunter life (the only thing we got from that are Johnny and Yosaku decades ago)... but I suppose you are right, if we are going to see any name from Zoro's past in Wano it will probably be his master.

Stowaway w/ 17k posts

I want to see Awakened Zoan users fighting in city streets against stronger Strawhats and Co. Something like we had during Alabasta arc.

I want to see Kidd using his Devil Fruit power to form gigantic mecha-like Robot and fight with one of Kaidous calamities.

I want to see Drake agenda to be revealed.

And I want Sanji to be freaking BADASS in a fight. Him having very hard time fighting Calamity and then using suit to save some lives as he already kind of was part of reason why Pedro died.. and then beating a Calamity with use of a suit even if destroying it or throwing it away after fight, would be freaking badass. And I need that from Sanji. Still not given up on him being purely badass like what Zoro gets on weekly basis.
    I hope Sanji will keep the raid suit. Even more if he will stronger people in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I hope Sanji will keep the raid suit. Even more if he will stronger people in the future

Biggest profit for any crew member from getting raid suit would be for Ussop - its perfect for him.

Beside that I hope that Sanji will go all out from get go in his future fights as he already might blame himself for Pedro dying. Him wearing Raid suit would be only to save someone imo.. but maybe at same time we are yet to see more of his fighting ability ? He is plenty strong, probably comparable to Jinbe but did not yet got proper showing... in my opinion.

During entire Whole Cake Island he did not used Hell Memories even once.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The only thing I'm expecting is unmet explanations and complaining

Spoiler:

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Biggest profit for any crew member from getting raid suit would be for Ussop - its perfect for him.

Beside that I hope that Sanji will go all out from get go in his future fights as he already might blame himself for Pedro dying. Him wearing Raid suit would be only to save someone imo.. but maybe at same time we are yet to see more of his fighting ability ? He is plenty strong, probably comparable to Jinbe but did not yet got proper showing... in my opinion.
    Well, you have to look at it this way :

1. The suit probably isn't exactly like his brothers ( since Sanji hasn't manifested any powers whatsoever) and it probably has a more basic appearance. At least i hope so.

2. Without the suit Sanji has low chances of really improving himself to make up for the 2 years worth of intense training (that both Luffy & Zorro did) and to keep up with the constant increase in opponents power levels. There is little to none context/setting for him to develop selftaught improvements. For ex: If Zorro would've been in his shoes he would've dedicated all his journey to Wano to training, maybe even refuse to go on board the ship and swim to Wano. Sanji is daydreaming about girls.

3. Each SH will get some kind of powerup except maybe Luffy who is 3-4 levels above them. Nami has gotten Zeus (and is now more dangerous then Sanji imo), Zorro will get a new sword/attack mechanic like Kinemon, Sanji got the suit.

4. Having Sanji really wear the suit is the most logical option imo, Usopp can easily come up with a different powerup/invention to make him more relevant in the future. He even developed advanced CoO at the end of Dressrosa, so a buildup context is already there efor him to exploit.
    Last edited by RigaCrypto; July 6th, 2018 at 06:22 AM.

Stowaway w/ 17k posts

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Well, you have to look at it this way :

1. The suit probably isn't exactly like his brothers ( since Sanji hasn't manifested any powers whatsoever) and it probably has a more basic appearance. At least i hope so.

2. Without the suit Sanji has low chances of really improving himself to make up for the 2 years worth of intense training (that both Luffy & Zorro did) and to keep up with the constant increase in opponents power levels. There is little to none context/setting for him to develop selftaught improvements. For ex: If Zorro would've been in his shoes we would've dedicated all his journey to Wano to training, maybe even refuse to go on board the ship and swim to Wano. Sanji is daydreaming about girls.

3. Each SH will get some kind of powerup except maybe Luffy who is 3-4 levesl above them. Nami has gotten Zeus (and is know more dangerous then Sanji imo), Zorro will get a new sword/attack mechanic like Kinemon, Sanji got the suit.

4. Having Sanji really wear the suit is the most logical option imo, Usopp can easily come up with a different powerup/invention to make him more relevant in the future. He even developed advanced CoO at the end of Dressrosa, so a buildup context is already there efor him to exploit.
    And to add more. Story wise it makes sense only for Sanji using it because of the history.

It would be like giving the Mera Mera to someone else besides Sabo at Dressrosa

just want to say this :

inb4 zoro defeating the shogun of Wano and Luffy defeating Kaidou (and maybe Big Mom too)

More cultural references please, I wonder what's next.

Halfmetal-lich's simple rules for enjoying the Wano Arc without devolving into a complete and total piece of shit.

1. Get excited, talk about the chapters, discuss with your fellow fans.

2. Theorize what you think is gonna happen, talk and make videos!

BUT DO NOT

1. Go into this arc with a checklist of what YOU think should happen, then bitch about it because Oda went another way.

2. Think this arc will live up in anyway to the expectations you've spent years making up in your head.

3. Get pissy and harass people who may like the arc if you don't.

4. Overhype yourself with unrealistic fan expectations.

Wano is gonna be a good arc. Be a better fan and temper yourself, manage your hype, and settle your expectations. You'll probably enjoy things far more that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

You're way too late. I already stopped enjoying thia arc two years ago. I will enjoy the civil war between people who read for story and people who read for action.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

The only thing that should definitely happen is Bigmom facing Kaido, and also destroying things. That's my only expectation. She can't just be pushed away by the samurais

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I know they said it's a nation of swordsmen and stuff, but I do hope the Samurai are a bit more varied in fighting styles then just that. Like, even if they have to use swords, like one with a nodachi, the other with like tanto, one who sues a bokken instead of an actual sword, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I know they said it's a nation of swordsmen and stuff, but I do hope the Samurai are a bit more varied in fighting styles then just that. Like, even if they have to use swords, like one with a nodachi, the other with like tanto, one who sues a bokken instead of an actual sword, etc.
    We already know they are thanks to Raizo.

I bet Kumadori will have some part to play.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information