+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 911: A Great Adventure in the Land of the Samurai

Default Re: Chapter 911: A Great Adventure in the Land of the Samurai

You can speculate all you want as to why Oda kept Jinbe from going to Wano with Luffy's group. But when Luffy asks a guy to join his crew, and the guy agrees to do it once he takes care of some business, and then you see him doing that business all while blatantly stating his end goal, and also demonstrating a very clear role he plays in the crew, you kind of just know that guy is gonna join the crew, ya know? It's not like Luffy going to Whole Cake Island ever meant from a reader's perspective that his chances of going to Wano and beating Kaido would be in jeopardy.

Spoiler:

I feel sad for Tama now, she waiting Ace for so long. The D always incredible person.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Totally just a temporary tag-along.
    Is he.. currently with the crew? Because that is, by definition, a temporary tag-along.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    Is he.. currently with the crew? Because that is, by definition, a temporary tag-along.
    The Straw Hats have been separated quite a few times now. Why is this suddenly weird?

What is the purpose of everything we've seen in the manga? Why have Luffy say that he is Jinbe's captain? Why have Luffy order him to come to Wano? Why have Jinbe say he's going to be on the crew of the future pirate king? Why was Jinbe given a chapter to display why he is the best helmsman for the crew? Why did Oda exclude Jinbe (one of the top 10) from the popularity poll color spread? (All Straw Hats, minus Luffy, were excluded from that one.)

You can dislike the character all you want. But after what we've seen, it's pure denial to say he isn't a Straw Hat.

Edit: Forgot this, too:

Last edited by Galaxy 9000; July 13th, 2018 at 12:06 AM.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

I dont get it, she can make good with her DF yet her whole thing so far is shes been starving for a long time and she fed luffy her only portion of rice (as opposed to creating food for him)

am i missing something???

Oh hey someone who somehow has not figured out that Jinbe is joining the crew.

It's 2012 again.

A full chapter with only luffy in it.. always great!

And this is a great connection with Ace. Really looking forward to seeing how luffy will react to this.
    The samurai girl is really adorable. I hope she becomes the Vivi of this arc.

Also basil Hawkins. TBH, not too excited about him. Does he really stand a chance against luffy?

And, luffy hitting those two fodders before they even realising, is it a case of luffy's foresight (future coo)?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    With all due respect, that is a ridiculous assertion.

Saying Jinbe isn't part of the crew because he's not "currently with the crew" is like saying the Swirlyhats were no longer part of the crew when they sailed away from Dressrosa or, more pointedly, that the Strawhat crew ceased to exist entirely when Kuma scattered them at Sabaody. Just because members of the crew are separated from one another, that doesn't means the bonds tying them together break and disappear - if it did, they never would have survived the timeskip in the first place. Everything about Jinbe's role in Totland suggests, even outright states, that he has dedicated himself to the Strawhats and that they (or at least those present) have accepted him. He is a part of the crew - now we just have to wait for Oda to properly bring him into the fold.

Of course, this is coming from someone who still considers Vivi and Carue to be crewmembers, so what do I know...
    Last edited by otakufan; July 12th, 2018 at 10:48 PM.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

The Straw Hats have been separated quite a few times now. Why is this suddenly weird?

What is the purpose of everything we've seen in the manga? Why have Luffy say that he is Jinbe's captain? Why have Luffy order him to come to Wano? Why have Jinbe say he's going to be on the crew of the future pirate king? Why was Jinbe given a chapter to display why he is the best helmsman for the crew? Why did Oda exclude Jinbe (one of the top 10) from the popularity poll color spread? (All Straw Hats, minus Luffy, were excluded from that one.)

You can dislike the character all you want. But after what we've seen, it's pure denial to say he isn't a Straw Hat.
    jinbei is not an official strawhat yet. He will be but he is not in the crew at the present time

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    jinbei is not an official strawhat yet. He will be but he is not in the crew at the present time
    Is Luffy lying?

Spoiler:

The color spread thing is sad, but I can see why Oda's doing it. It's a weekly manga, and putting him in one of those spreads would just "spoil" that he's going to make it out of that situation.

Even though we all know he's fine.

AP Discord

You have to be not paying attention, intellectually dishonest or just plain ignorant to say Jinbe isn't a starwhat.

Last time I was as Hyped as I am now was during Marineford.. Wow.

This arc was builded up even more than Enies Lobby was at the time. Last battle against Kaido will probably be tag team battle agains Kaido. With all of Supernovas going all out as well as Sanji and Zoro.

I needed that type of action since ages as well as seeing all Strawhats going all out.

Is Luffy lying?

The color spread thing is sad, but I can see why Oda's doing it. It's a weekly manga, and putting him in one of those spreads would just "spoil" that he's going to make it out of that situation.

Even though we all know he's fine.
    jinbei is not in the color spread, not at the beginning of the tankanbon member crew page and there was no chapter named 'the ninth person' so you can bend all the way you want to but Oda has decided Jinbei is not an official Strawhat as of chapter 911. So the questions are rather
    Is Oda lying ?
    Should i trust fans or the author himself ?

i hope at the end of this arc jinbe reveals he needs to do another thing

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

People, there is a thread for future crewmate discussion, and frustrating as it may be, Jinbe still technically qualifies as a future crewmate.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Yeah, I'm moving the post I made in here there.

I didn't expect this to last for pages.

AP Discord

Are people really still arguing about Jimbei joining? Oda has made it absolutely clear, that Jinbei already is a Strawhat. I donīt know about any more members joining Still really, really, really want to see Vivi joining for real despite knowing that itīll never happen, but Jinbei is in and any discussion about it is kinda...useless.

As to when heīs finally joining up as a stay-on-board crewmate, I bet itīll be after this arc. Oda is Zorros biggest fanboy, so weīll have some scenes and fights cementing that Zorro is still the Luffys strongest crewmate some would argue that heīs just as strong as Luffy, really ...and then Jinbei will board the ship transforming the Monster Trio into a Monster...Quartett?

Pavement Supervisor Gecko Moria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Am I the only one who had a Miyazaki vibe from this chapter ?
    Especially from those pirates on the beach, and the humanitarian theme about famine.
    Not to mention the pollution from Kaido’s factories. Pretty consistent Toriyama theme too.

Honestly, any colorspread with Jinbe on it would be weird.

It would be like Oda spoiling that Jinbe is either alive or dead. Things needs to be addresed at a certain time even if it's clear obvious.

Spoiler:

No one seems to have mentioned that this samurai has wings. sky-island maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Not to mention the pollution from Kaido’s factories. Pretty consistent Toriyama theme too.
    I mean, this weird lizard that Kaido's pirates are riding. Their retro-futuristic helmets and rifles. Also, they seem to communicate through headphones instead of old-fashioned denden mushi.

And as I said, the naturish theme about food.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information