+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 911: A Great Adventure in the Land of the Samurai

Default Re: Chapter 911: A Great Adventure in the Land of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    - The true question left out of the chapter is where is the octopus. And too bad the rest of the crew is apparently sticking together, I was hoping Chopper would be left without both Luffy and Sanji to protect him and maybe this could lead to him using the Rumble Ball to protect himself against the Beast Pirates (and then a whole lot of development I am hoping he gets this arc).
    The rumble balls are pretty shitty now. They make him use a form that run out quickly and leave him paralyzed. He's been using that stupid ball way to much post-timeskip(the worst being to try calming the kids).

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    The way i can interpret O-Tama's df is that she makes dango balls that once feed to a wild creature it turns tame just like peto peto no mi but instead of forcing them it makes them tame
    This is what I was thinking.

Cool how Oda keeps making Ace relevant!!
    My TOP 25 most excellent​ characters! - Usopp, Luffy, Blackbeard, Robin, Crocodile, Nami, Zoro, Ivankov, Buggy, Mr. 2, Big Mom, Sanji, Franky, Magellan, Kizaru, Brook, Kureha, Barto, Kokoro, Whitebeard, Hiriluk, Aokiji, Jinbe, Belle-Mere, and Iceberg

Oda, do you regret creating such a large main cast? Cause these constant separations in every arc seem like you do.

Other than that, a good chapter, though the girl REEKS of being a movie character. Let's hope she's either not in it much, or gets better.
    I started a blog about Harem Anime right here! https://dewbond.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

I want to see some more Ace backstory. Interesting that this girl wishes to be a ninja someday...must take to the next strawhat crewmate discussion thread as soon as possible.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Decent chapter, hope Oda paces this arc well. The beginning of this arc reminds me of Skypiea when the crew landed on Angel Beach.

Despite the "Worst Generation" being portrayed as rivals to Luffy it could just end up that each one of them (except Blackbeard) will end up allying with Luffy to help him to the throne. This is what Mihawk said was Luffy's greatest strength, the ability to attract new allies. So far Law and Capone have helped Luffy and visa versa, yet Luffy keeps stealing the spotlight. The main reason both Law and Capone allied with Luffy is because they needed his strength for their own agenda but I think Luffy's character has partly won them over. Now it's time for Hawkins. His immediate order not to tell Kaido about intruders shows he has his own agenda too but I'm willing to bet he'll become another addition to the list of Luffy's allies. Hawkins was always one of the more interesting of the Worst Generation for me, the way he uses his cards for predicting the probabilities of the future makes him more susceptible to being Luffy's ally in his battle against Kaido, because Luffy is destined for the throne as we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Uh.....what? I can't think of remotely a single thing in common.
    A massive battle between Kaido, many members of the worst gen (Drake, Kid, Apoo, Hawkins, Law, Zoro and Luffy..maybe even Killer), the Straw hat Grand fleet, the samurai of Wano and all the associated crews in a massive war which might also bring Big Mom into the picture, meaning two yonko in one place...yeah totally nothing like Marineford. Not like Oda has been hyping up Wano for years and also hyping up the big battle that is said will "make marineford seem small" and hyping up the showdown with Kaido or anything.

As for Dressrossa and Enis Lobby... I would point out that it was the turning point for thr Strawhats. This made Luffy a Supernova and his crews bounties all went up as well. Dressrosa did similiar things, as they took down Doffy, angered a yonko, made the strawhat grand fleet and all the crews bounties went up! I see clear similarities!

edit: my sarcasm may have been rude and I apologize for that aspect. Standing by my point still tho.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    The only 'parallel' I could make between Paradise and New World arcs might be Alabasta and Dressrosa. And even that is pretty thin. Why do we want to look for such patterns?
    I can see Alabsta and Dressrosa having A LOT in common as well so that is fair enough

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The people into this theory have absolutely no explanation as to why the completely imagined pattern matters or exists, they just seem to think it sounds cool and deep. They cannot answer you.
    *points at my post*. Sure I dont. Yall Arlongpark folks really dont know me yet lol
    I published an Epic Fantasy Novel!:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1542799449..._D3jYybVWR9N5V

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    A massive battle between Kaido
    I could say Alabasta was a massive battle.
    many members of the worst gen (Drake, Kid, Apoo, Hawkins, Law, Zoro and Luffy..maybe even Killer)
    Like, only Luffy was there. The only others were Teach and Law who appeared like in the last 10 minutes.
    the Straw hat Grand fleet
    It's not confirmed they'll be there.
    Not like Oda has been hyping up Wano for years and also hyping up the big battle that is said will "make marineford seem small" and hyping up the showdown with Kaido or anything.
    If I remember correctly that was how Oda described the final arc.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Oda, do you regret creating such a large main cast? Cause these constant separations in every arc seem like you do.
    And some people are still adamant about Jinbe (plus random other new people) joining the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    And some people are still adamant about Jinbe (plus random other new people) joining the crew.
    Well... yea? Of course they'd be.

Neither logic nor common sense has ever impeded this fandom~
    ♥(︶ε ︶)

Like I don't get how someone draws the conclusion that Jinbe isn't joining from that, but alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Like I don't get how someone draws the conclusion that Jinbe isn't joining from that, but alright.
    Let me ask you this: has he joined yet? :3
    Why has he not joined yet?
    Why has no one else joined the crew after Brook?

Please answer these questions in an orderly and timely fashion thank you good luck

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Let me ask you this: has he joined yet? :3
    Why has he not joined yet?
    Why has no one else joined the crew after Brook?

Please answer these questions in an orderly and timely fashion thank you good luck
    Well, because he knows about Wano, and if he was there, then the crew wouldn't be separated from entering it and wouldn't learn about it slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, because he knows about Wano, and if he was there, then the crew wouldn't be separated from entering it and wouldn't learn about it slowly.
    Then when would be an appropriate time for him to join? Cause he's been all over the New World and has much more experience and knowledge than them. Why couldn't he join after Fishman Island? Both Punk Hazard and Dressrosa would have been just as new to him, right? You think bloating the main cast even more by adding Jinbe half way through the final stretch of the series is smart? He can barely juggle the current Strawhats (plus company) as is.

Oda's new formula post-timeskip is temporary "crew mates," as opposed to slowly gaining permanent new ones.

Spoiler:

I think this is as clear-cut as it needs to be.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Then when would be an appropriate time for him to join? Cause he's been all over the New World and has much more experience and knowledge than them. Why couldn't he join after Fishman Island? Both Punk Hazard and Dressrosa would have been just as new to him, right? You think bloating the main cast even more by adding Jinbe half way through the final stretch of the series is smart? He can barely juggle the current Strawhats (plus company) as is.

Oda's new formula post-timeskip is temporary "crew mates," as opposed to slowly gaining permanent new ones.
    Wano is the appropriate time for him to join, and he will. Had he been at Punk Hazard or Dressrosa, he would have made the playing ground un-even, as he is still an ex-Warlord and damn strong. Once Wano concludes and Luffy cements himself as a true power in the world, and the rest of the crew really gets strong as a result, as well, then it won't be as lopsided had he joined straightaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    but colorspread disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Also named himself as their helmsman lmao

Like it's 2018, why is this still a thing

Wano is the appropriate time for him to join, and he will. Had he been at Punk Hazard or Dressrosa, he would have made the playing ground un-even, as he is still an ex-Warlord and damn strong.
    ??? Had he been in Dressrosa he would have gotten his blue ass kicked in by Doflamingo. And he did jack shit in Whole Cake other than punch BM's melting yogurt son. He's done nothing of note so far to necessitate this separation. I've been hearing this same tired-ass argument since Fishman Island.

Once Wano concludes and Luffy cements himself as a true power in the world, and the rest of the crew really gets strong as a result, as well, then it won't be as lopsided had he joined straightaway.
    Luffy has already cemented himself as a near-Yonko-level individual. Again, nothing is keeping Jinbe away; if Oda wanted him to join he would have done so after Whole Cake. Also gaining notoriety does not magically give the crew a power boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Like it's 2018, why is this still a thing
    Because he's still not a member of the crew lmao. You been duped by Oda my man

Spoiler:

Totally just a temporary tag-along.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information