+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Yup zoro is the only one that has it. But I doubt it's strong, if it only cut her cheek. Likely the reason even wikia doesn't mention because it's still 1 time only and not explained.
    About Ben, all haki users should be able to do that with bullets( unless there is some secret to using haki on ranged weapons). But yet we don't really see them do it, ever, not even Ben.

Oda still has explain haki, like properly.
    The kujas do it with arrows

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

guys you think about that more than oda did.

oda is not consistent on these things, he also stated he doesn't care

radio knife from law to trebol wasn't imbued with haki and yet cut trebol and he wasn't able to get backin his shape as much as monet after hakiless zoro attack.

btw, even if we haven't seen something it doesn't mean we won't see that ever ;)
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    One Piece Wikia says this:
    "Physical contact is still required for Haki-users to harm a Logia user, which means that as long as the Logia user performs long-range, indirect attacks, they can remain perfectly invulnerable"

I don't know when this was stated in the manga but if it is true then it means Zorro either physicaly quickly slashed Monet under the eye or she let her guard down somehow and let that attack slip. Have we saw long range Haki imbued attacks so far in the manga?
    I think that statement was specifically referring to when Monet was attacking Tashigi with blizzards and snow rabbits. Not sure what it had to do with Zoro's air slash, since that would have harmed Monet regardless of whether it had Haki since it took her off-guard and hit her physical body.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    guys you think about that more than oda did.

oda is not consistent on these things, he also stated he doesn't care

radio knife from law to trebol wasn't imbued with haki and yet cut trebol and he wasn't able to get backin his shape as much as monet after hakiless zoro attack.

btw, even if we haven't seen something it doesn't mean we won't see that ever ;)
    Trebol is Paramecia and Radio Knife specifically prevents cut people from being put back together for a time

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I wonder how much of that 19% involves the Straw Hats taking the option of running away.
    I rather hope that they don't run at all (as in a long-term chase), since some of the Straw Hat alliance was forced to run from Big Mom, after Luffy said he wouldn't run during his dialogue with Fujitora at the end of Dressrosa. I actually think this is basically the end of "Run Piece", because they're having to face this massive wall of a threat that they ostensibly have to defeat this arc. While in Big Mom's arc it was just a 'get in and get the hell out' type of mission. The only type of running I see from here on out is maybe if there's a Mt. Fuji that explodes in Wano or something like that.

But I do, like you, wonder if those odds are just factoring in pre-determined fate, instead of all options? So since their fate is to face Kaido, I don't think it's calculating the option to run away.

Unrelated but also I'm excited to see Kaido's main ship if we're going to see that soon. :) Big Mom's Queen Mama Chanter was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    I rather hope that they don't run at all (as in a long-term chase), since some of the Straw Hat alliance was forced to run from Big Mom, after Luffy said he wouldn't run during his dialogue with Fujitora at the end of Dressrosa. I actually think this is basically the end of "Run Piece", because they're having to face this massive wall of a threat that they ostensibly have to defeat this arc. While in Big Mom's arc it was just a 'get in and get the hell out' type of mission. The only type of running I see from here on out is maybe if there's a Mt. Fuji that explodes in Wano or something like that.

But I do, like you, wonder if those odds are just factoring in pre-determined fate, instead of all options? So since their fate is to face Kaido, I don't think it's calculating the option to run away.

Unrelated but also I'm excited to see Kaido's main ship if we're going to see that soon. :) Big Mom's Queen Mama Chanter was awesome.
    They're definitely not going to run away from Kaido. But I'm not really of the mindset that fortunetelling involves that kind of specific predestination. They have the choice to lie low, and Hawkins' vagueness makes it feel like there's a lot of possible things that the Straw Hats could do within the next month. Once Luffy is locked in Kaido's reach, I think his odds of survival will go down to 0%

Spoiler:

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I wouldn't like to see the Straw Hats get beaten again, but maybe if they do and Kaido puts Luffy in some horrible public torture, but he survives it, that might be the linchpin where the people of Wano start to rebel against him, or something

I dunno.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🅵🅰Ⓜ🅸🅽🅴?⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ uniaka ikuzakas's Avatar

Funny how Luffy is now emperor, yet he has only 19% to survive after this confrontation with another emperor, yet emeperors have always been balanced. It's really hard to push the underdog card for luffy these days after cake island 1,5 billion bounty and emeror status.

Luffy is emperor level? As in he is strong as Kaido or Big Mom? This Luffy is the same Luffy as the one from Totland arc, he is at least on Headliner-Calamity level.

That Fifth Emperor thing was only Fake News Morgans stunt.

Spoiler:

All we know is that luffy beat vice yonkou, so now he is at least a bit above vice yonkou. What is the difference between yonkou and vice yonkou is only a guess.

And that was no fake news, we can see morgan's article and he said it exactly how it was, not fake info in there, and the fact that Stussy was there too, she would give the proper report if he lied.

But considering WG gave luffy a new bounty that is 1 billion more then his former bounty, that is also much higher then vice yonkou katakuri, then this confirms that Wg considers Luffy emeror now.

All we know is that luffy beat vice yonkou, so now he is at least a bit above vice yonkou. What is the difference between yonkou and vice yonkou is only a guess.
    It can be a whole grand canyon of a gap just like the difference between Al Might and Endeavor.

And that was no fake news, we can see morgan's article and he said it exactly how it was, not fake info in there, and the fact that Stussy was there too, she would give the proper report if he lied.
    The results would be the rise of Luffy's bounty, turning him into a future threat that needs to be eliminated before it can become like an emperor.

Also, we don't know she even cares about this sort of stuff. Just like Lucci is only being a CP-0 so he can have permission to kill.

But considering WG gave luffy a new bounty that is 1 billion more then his former bounty, that is also much higher then vice yonkou katakuri, then this confirms that Wg considers Luffy emeror now.
    Reminder that Usopp has a higher bounty than Franky.

Spoiler:

He is most likely considered in the middle. More dangerous than any single individual but less than the yonkos and their armies.

Dogtooth is a single person and an underling. Luffy has a fleet and is his own man.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Luffy isn't a Yonko when the one he supposedly beat still doesn't view him as a legitimate opponent and another one thinks it's too early for him to be labeled as such. Only way he earns that status is by beating Kaido.

Spoiler:

Shanks didn't think it's too early, and him and luffy go way back, what does BB know about luffy? He became yonkou beating marco and his crew, luffy alone beat BM's 2 top commanders that are like the jozu and marco of BM alone. And yonkous have been balanced, so luffy beating one and breaking the balance puts him above yonkous, not on par.

And usopp example doesn't really work, 200m was never huge, even pre ts, he can joke around in the crew with usopp having 3rd Bounty for a while( now he is number 5), but when you go to 1,5 there is no joke anymore, only the top wanted people in the world have that level of Bounty, with only the yonkous and dragon that could have bigger.

Shanks didn't think it's too early, and him and luffy go way back, what does BB know about luffy? He became yonkou beating marco and his crew, luffy alone beat BM's 2 top commanders that are like the jozu and marco of BM alone. And yonkous have been balanced, so luffy beating one and breaking the balance puts him above yonkous, not on par.

And usopp example doesn't really work, 200m was never huge, even pre ts, he can joke around in the crew with usopp having 3rd Bounty for a while( now he is number 5), but when you go to 1,5 there is no joke anymore, only the top wanted people in the world have that level of Bounty, with only the yonkous and dragon that could have bigger.
    Only 11 pirates in an entire generation went above 100M. So yeah, 200M is a big deal I think

Above 100 in paradise, In NW kinda everyone we saw so far has that or more( like caribou and even his brother too), minus some SHs because they just got here, and bobbin. Killer is the one that has that too, but then again he is KIdd's cook.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Luffy is emperor level? As in he is strong as Kaido or Big Mom? This Luffy is the same Luffy as the one from Totland arc, he is at least on Headliner-Calamity level.

That Fifth Emperor thing was only Fake News Morgans stunt.
    Interesting, because I've also seen Luffy's 1.5 billion bounty made out to be as if it's also part of a fake news stunt, and that Luffy and Katakuri don't deserve bounties that are that high, as if 1 billion+ bounties are only truly deserving for actual Yonko-level characters. Not sure if I agree with that though.

To be on par with the Yonko, you have to be able to stand your ground and hold your own. Blackbeard had a crushing victory over the Whitebeard Pirates, whereas the Straw Hats and their allies were constantly outflanked and overwhelmed by the BMPs even when Big Mom herself wasn't in the equation. Luffy beating Katakuri was impressive, but he only barely managed to do so and Katakuri's not the Yonko here. If Luffy was actually on par with Big Mom or any of the other Yonko, then there should be a realizable possibility that he has as much chance of beating them as they do of beating him. Which I'm not seeing atm. Big Mom is waltzing into Kaido's territory because she's confident he can't easily kill her, whereas right now the Straw Hats are doing their best to go undercover in Wano because they're not fully equipped to take on Kaido's crew at just any time.

Spoiler:

Law's fruit was to be sold for 5 Billions. That's the highest amount we know off so far. I expect Dragon's bounty to be higher since he is the "most wanted" man. Yonkos would be directly below him or there could be a huge gulf between their bounties. I'm also interested in Roger's last bounty raise Rayleigh's too.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Interesting, because I've also seen Luffy's 1.5 billion bounty made out to be as if it's also part of a fake news stunt, and that Luffy and Katakuri don't deserve bounties that are that high, as if 1 billion+ bounties are only truly deserving for actual Yonko-level characters. Not sure if I agree with that though.
    No, the bounty is fine. But the notion of being the Fifth Emperor is an overhype tool.

Spoiler:

Worth of note that there isn't anything in the manga stating that, for someone to be considered an Emperor, they must match the power level of the already existing ones/their crews.

Morgans was never under the assumption that Luffy was as strong as Big Mom when he made his claim that he was a Fifth Emperor, there wasn't anything in his news to suggest that either. It is pretty clear this requirement is entirely on the fans, not something that exists on the OP universe.
    Based on that chapter, we can tell that being a very strong pirate is a requirement, but not "being as strong as _____". A huge bounty and defeating strong enemies seemed to count as much as Luffy's numerous acheivements and the fact he got many pirate crews under his flag.

Also, Morgans using fake news to hype Luffy was something that only existed on the misleading spoilers. The spoilers suggested Morgans said Luffy had defeated Big Mom, but when the chapter came out we saw that didn't happen and every bit of information Morgans used was true.
    One of the main reasons I decided to avoid spoilers from now on, mainly the spoiler discussions, is exactly because of this. A lot of people draw wrong conclusions based on misleading spoilers and those are crystalized within the fandom, becoming "facts" even if the real chapter denies the whole thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information