+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 274

Thread: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

  1. #241

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Not sure what it had to do with Zoro's air slash, since that would have harmed Monet regardless of whether it had Haki since it took her off-guard and hit her physical body.
    I think Monet was a trained logia (a la crocodile) since she manged to avoid Robin's unexpected attack when she helped Chopper or was it Nami? that quarto hand thing that broke Monet's head.

    The following conversation also implied that Zoro could've done more than just a small cut with a bigger slash if he wanted too, if read/remember that scene correctly.

  2. #242

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Anyone think a lot of Hawkins' death blows aren't really death blows? Back in Saobody, after he lost all his dolls, he took another laser through him, but he did not die from it. However before, Kizaru's lawyers lasers were taking out 1-2 dolls per shot. I think he seems to be transferring any damage over a certain threshold, many of which he could normally fight through if he didn't have his dolls
    Last edited by Darkestsith6; August 11th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.

  3. #243

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    Anyone think a lot of Hawkins' death blows aren't really death blows? Back in Saobody, after he lost all his dolls, he took another laser through him, but he did not die groom it. However before, Kizaru's lawyers lasers were taking out 1-2 dolls per shot. I think he seems to be transferring ashy damage over a certain threshold, many of which he could normally fight through if he didn't have his dolls
    Yea I'm sure he can take damage. Why take damage when u don't need to? I think he's just following that philosophy lol...hopefully he's not like cracker where he doesn't like pain and is weak physically and depends on his DF too much.
    One Piece ,\/,,

  4. #244

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    I think Monet was a trained logia (a la crocodile) since she manged to avoid Robin's unexpected attack when she helped Chopper or was it Nami? that quarto hand thing that broke Monet's head.
    Robin slapped her face off with her attack "Spank"; Nami hurt her with hot bubbles.


  5. #245

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    Yea I'm sure he can take damage. Why take damage when u don't need to? I think he's just following that philosophy lol...hopefully he's not like cracker where he doesn't like pain and is weak physically and depends on his DF too much.
    Yeah, maybe. My suspicion is Oda just does it to show off his abilities. Practically, feels like a waste of lives if he as a small finite number. e.g. He would definitely run out at that rate in a prolonged fight b/w him and Zoro/Luffy.

  6. #246

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    No, the bounty is fine. But the notion of being the Fifth Emperor is an overhype tool.
    I still suspect that Luffy's current bounty is a little too inflated based on the lie that he was the mastermind behind the operation, and that the newspaper seemed to make him out to be "a fifth emperor that Big Mom lost to," as if he had practically beat her down. I'm thinking, based on completely honest terms, Luffy's bounty should be more like 1 billion as opposed to 1.5 billion:


  7. #247
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I still suspect that Luffy's current bounty is a little too inflated based on the lie that he was the mastermind behind the operation, and that the newspaper seemed to make him out to be "a fifth emperor that Big Mom lost to," as if he had practically beat her down. I'm thinking, based on completely honest terms, Luffy's bounty should be more like 1 billion as opposed to 1.5 billion:

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...20/unknown.png
    Dogtooth has a 1 billion bounty. Luffy hashis strength and a strong crew, strong alliances and a big fleet. If Dogtooth is 1billion there's nothing crazy to Luffy being worth more considering he has much more assets than Dogtooth.



  8. #248

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Dogtooth has a 1 billion bounty. Luffy hashis strength and a strong crew, strong alliances and a big fleet. If Dogtooth is 1billion there's nothing crazy to Luffy being worth more considering he has much more assets than Dogtooth.
    I guess what I'm attempting to say is that it doesn't sit well with me with Luffy's bounty being inflated partially because of Morgans' partially inaccurate news reporting. The dude... tends to hype stuff up a little too much. Haha.


  9. #249

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    I think Luffy bounty fine considering his previous bounty was too low.

  10. #250
    Swarthy Yeoman CHiZZoPs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon USA

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Not sure if this has been conjectured, but since Hawkins can predict the percentage chance of an outcome (Luffy and Co. having a 19% chance of surviving the month), and possibly resents his current predicament, maybe he and Apoo will release Kidd and join the Mugiwara/Heart pirates in taking down Kaido, having seen that the outcome is likely or assured.

  11. #251

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by CHiZZoPs View Post
    Not sure if this has been conjectured, but since Hawkins can predict the percentage chance of an outcome (Luffy and Co. having a 19% chance of surviving the month), and possibly resents his current predicament, maybe he and Apoo will release Kidd and join the Mugiwara/Heart pirates in taking down Kaido, having seen that the outcome is likely or assured.
    I've said this before and I fully agree. Hawkins' first words when encountering Luffy and Zoro were: "In Wano, you either follow the strongest or hide for your survival", or something like that. This prediction ability is a great tool of survival in cases like these because it allows you to just choose the side which grants you the better odds. There's one weakness, an obvious one, though: when odds are not 1 - 0, there's always a risk of losing, after all. Now, will Hawkins be willing to take that risk, siding with whoever has the highest percentage? Or will he put his faith in Luffy, who he knows since Sabaody/Marine Ford has a lucky star?


  12. #252

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    If X drake was former rear admiral and we saw marines use CP9 techniques, then imagine giant t rex doing Soru and geppou! And he already has armaments of haki too…

    Or T rex doing that finger pistol thing, or rankyaku.

  13. #253

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Or T rex doing that finger pistol thing, or rankyaku.

    Hidden:

  14. #254

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Yeah, that's why it would be funny to see him do it.

  15. #255
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I guess what I'm attempting to say is that it doesn't sit well with me with Luffy's bounty being inflated partially because of Morgans' partially inaccurate news reporting. The dude... tends to hype stuff up a little too much. Haha.

    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...192&height=300
    Think about how much Luffy has done that they either have no idea about or which they themselves swept under the rug. It fits that he's got to be worth more than the guy he just beat since he's in a position of leadership and has way more influence.

  16. #256

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Think about how much Luffy has done that they either have no idea about or which they themselves swept under the rug. It fits that he's got to be worth more than the guy he just beat since he's in a position of leadership and has way more influence.
    It's interesting to see you say that, because I've seen people say that Luffy would have been justified having a 1 billion bounty right after Dressrosa, on top of his actions in the pre-timeskip and him being revealed to be the son of the most wanted man in the world, he had defeated Doflamingo and had gained a fleet the government didn't know about yet.
    Last edited by electricmastro; August 18th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.

  17. #257
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    It's interesting to see you say that, because I've seen people say that Luffy would have been justified having a 1 billion bounty right after Dressrosa, on top of his actions in the pre-timeskip and him being revealed to be the most wanted man in the world, he had defeated Doflamingo and had gained a fleet the government didn't know about yet.
    I'm one of those. No matter what bounty Doflamingo's was frozen at, his power and influence merited it being much higher, ergo Luffy's defeating him then AND revealing all of his connections with the Revolutionary Sabo and his fleet being established happening at the same time, should have netted him 1B easy. The fact that it didn't happen makes this 1.5B total all the more satisfying and hardly disputable.

  18. #258

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Luffy's bounty after Dressrosa should have been at least around 800. Luffy's accomplishmebts have been undermined quite often.

    The difference is that Morgans, even though he hyped Luffy's accomplishments, on paper what he did was not only unprecedented, but beyond what each and every rookie/supernova had achieved to that point.

    Law went with the government, the others attempted to infiltrate but ended up as underlings of the emperors.

    Luffy infiltrated Big Mom territory, all the way to her headquarters and escaped. He was in part one of the masterminds behind the assassination, and took the most visually expository role of the entire plan. "Technically" exploded Mama's castle. Escaped from 3-5 fleets. Then you have the news that 5600 men are under his banner.

    In my mind what Morgans was saying was that Luffy was an emperor in the making, hence the appearance of the 5th emperor.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  19. #259

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    I don't know though.

    I completely get that point of it being "inflated" because of falsely attributing things like the Tamate Box explosion, the alliance of Germa and the Firetanks to him specifically.

    But then again it may not be that inflated, or too off to say he deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as people like Teach and Kaido.

    Remember, the bounty is about the evaluation of how much the Government is willing to pay to get this dangerous criminal. It's a meter of how many fucks they give.

    Even taking out the aspects Morgans claimed was Luffy's doing, when you look at Luffy's track record of upturning entire countries when he visits them, it does make a bit of sense.

    If we remember when Luffy got his first bounty, it was decided with a large group of Marines including Commodores and Vice Admirals. So if we're assuming it's their perspective going into deciding these numbers, they're looking at this man that keeps getting strong allies(this rookie got Whitebeard, Crocodile, Iva, and Jimbei to help him out. A kid did this), keeps fucking up the status quo wherever he goes(The WG Trifecta he fucked up between Enies Lobby and the War), has taken down multiple Warlords, directly hurting the balance of powers.

    So while the newspaper is hyping Luffy up, I don't know if that's exactly influencing the bounty number itself. Since the timeskip Luffy has fucked this balance up even further and only in a few short months at the most. Since he's been back he allied with one Warlord that lost his position as a result, beat another one which crippled a huge criminal empire and embarrassed the Government as a result, then goes and screw with an Emperor.

    I'd say the evaluation is looking at his progress in a short amount of time more so than Morgans report with this. The other Supernova have done bad things, but Luffy has directly upset the balance of powers more than anyone, and is the only one that directly attacked all three of the World Government's main strongholds. From their perspective, he probably comes off as the most dangerous to them specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  20. #260

    Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post

    Trebol is Paramecia and Radio Knife specifically prevents cut people from being put back together for a time
    Thanks for the explanation, btw I knew that, the point was that we didn't know radio knife existed before having seen that.

    The whole monet thing was just hyping zoro in my opinion. He didn't hurt her, he just messed her up to avoid the fight and still get over it
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts