+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

She's probably just named Tsuru as a reference to the Japanese myth Tsuru no Ongaeshi. It's the name of the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Neither Luffy or Zoro are smart enough to know what Voodoo do.
    Then do a narrator box.

So in a narrative context, it wouldn't a difference.

So in a narrative context, it wouldn't a difference.
    It makes a difference. Hawkins wouldn't be explaining his abilities to his opponent.

Exposition is exposition any way or the other. Explaining his powers don't exactly give Zoro and Luffy an advantage over his abilities.

There are notions that are better having been told by a character other than a box appearing out of nowhere. All we ever got was Hawkin's DF name if anything.

Hawkins's abilities make me think about Kaito's nen in HxH. They both get un-wanted abilities and turn out to be in a bad position because of it

Waiting to break the game MrBits's Avatar

I don't understand why Hawkins didn't chase after them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

I don't really like Hawkins ability now that the whole card deal was introduced.

Having an ability with a risky RGN element to it can be very interesting: at first, while we figure out the whole range of the ability; and then, once all of its applications are known, how they will play in future battles. This could work with Hawkins' if we had like 5, 6 cards, but even if he can only use the major arcana of tarot that means +20... we'll never get the full range of that, it will be simply used by Oda as a free way to introduce whatever new power he wants to while pretending there is a limit to it.

I really like @NateRich's take on the cards not really determining which abilities will be used, but Hawkins consciously binding his own usage of his ability to the guidance of the cards, that would be much better. But seeing how it forced a subordinate to attack another and the whole deal about a card allowing him to go beyond his limit, I think it's safe to assume the general take on the cards really having "magical powers" on his Wara Wara is the correct one.

That said, if the strawman replicates Hawkins moves, I like to think Hawkins was just spitting on his subordinates to make the strawman throw nails.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; August 3rd, 2018 at 07:07 AM.

damn , zoro has way better feats in a month compared to sanji's whole arc
    and i said this as a sanji fan .

Exposition is exposition any way or the other. Explaining his powers don't exactly give Zoro and Luffy an advantage over his abilities.

There are notions that are better having been told by a character other than a box appearing out of nowhere. All we ever got was Hawkin's DF name if anything.
    There way to do exposition that are better than others. For example you seem to like Hawkins telling his abilities over a narrator box.

I think disorienting your adversary is an advantage and telling your abilities is always a stupid choice.

You can also have a random henchmen boast about his boss abilities.

Or have the Geisha know is ability.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I don't understand why Hawkins didn't chase after them.
    His horse might be to slow. Or he feels they won't do much and will be caught sooner or later.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

If Hawkins was a loyal underling, him and Kaido would be the perfect pair. Kaido can probably take everything they throw at HAwkins in his sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Hawkins explaining his fruits to people trying to defeat him is ridiculous. You could just as easily have had Zoro deducing it.
    That's how Oda's been doing for 900 chapters. He never used a narration box to anything else but narration or character introductions.

The one time he did do something in narration was when re-explaining powers, like Buggy and Crocodile during Impel Down.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    That's how Oda's been doing for 900 chapters. He never used a narration box to anything else but narration or character introductions.

The only time he did do something in narration was when re-explaining powers, like Buggy and Crocodile during Impel Down.
    I cite Zoro in the very post you are quoting. Hawkins is not the only person able to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Also it's not like Hawkins revealed everything. From this chapter Oda revealed there was at least 3 ways to destroy one of Hawkins life :
    hurting hawkins
    hurting one of the puppet representative
    hurting hawkins strawman

Luffy didn't comment it but I'm not sure he likes that way of defending oneself, so I doubt he will ally with Hawkins one day
    Luffy, the man first shown to use human-shield after Don Kreig hates people using human shields..? :|
    I see, I comprehend, I learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Gellert View Post
    Luffy, the man first shown to use human-shield after Don Kreig hates people using human shields..? :|
    Using your own men for shield I think they meant.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I cite Zoro in the very post you are quoting. Hawkins is not the only person able to talk.
    Lol, Zoro is mostly stupid. Having him deduce such an abstract power would be beyond his capabilities.

It's not like straw equates to magic dolls that redirect damage, unless you know how voodoo works. And Zoro is not really the kind of guy that would know about mystical practices.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Lol, Zoro is mostly stupid. Having him deduce such an abstract power would be beyond his capabilities.

It's not like straw equates to magic dolls that redirect damage, unless you know how voodoo works.
    Zoro has a bad sense of orientation. That's just a running gag. He's far from being dumb

If I kick a frog and the horse next to him gets hurt, I don't need to "know" anything to deduce that my kick was re-directed on the horse

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Zoro has a bad sense of orientation. That's just a running gag. He's far from being dumb

If I kick a frog and the horse next to him gets hurt, I don't need to "know" anything to deduce that my kick was re-directed on the horse
    Zoro is dumb, or at least not knowledgeable about things beyond his interests. He was the one guy that hard a hard time figuring out Luffy's 3D2Y message, with Rayleigh outright calling him dull.

Most DF powers are too abstract nowadays for one to just deduce unless they know what the power is based off. Hawkins has a sword that turns into straw, so logically he can make dummies of people. That's so easy to figure out.

Did Zoro get a power up, because even Luffy seemed surprised by how fast he was?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanG545 View Post
    Did Zoro get a power up, because even Luffy seemed surprised by how fast he was?
    I think he was just surprised that Zoro was able to seemingly defeat him so early. That's how it is implied in the MS translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post

Concur Zoro isn't dumb I want to say his intelligence is on par with Luffy. They have great logical reasoning abilities don't be confused with his bad sense of direction as being dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Hawkins seriously down the road.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information