+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

Default Re: Chapter 913: Tsuru Repays the Favor

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Lol, Zoro is mostly stupid. Having him deduce such an abstract power would be beyond his capabilities.

It's not like straw equates to magic dolls that redirect damage, unless you know how voodoo works. And Zoro is not really the kind of guy that would know about mystical practices.
    Let's say Zoro being that idiotic is necessary. There's also a bunch of random underlings and the lady that has been living in the country. Or the just the reader make the connection between the cut going to the face of the guy and then Hawkins shedding one with the same cut.

Or just keep the explanation for later. It's not like Doffly was revealed was revealed in the first 10 seconds or Fujitora or whoever.

It looks like the guys that Zoro and Luffy defeated are Kaido's men and not original crewmates of Hawkins.

I do like this chapter very much. Oda did a great job in the design and behaviour of Hawkins. Enjoyed the chapter very much !

Quote Originally Posted by earthna30 View Post
    Oda's art is crazy. I'm so excited to see more of Wano. O-Tsuru looked like she came out of a painting.

BREAK AGAIN WTFFFF
    National holiday. No Jump at all.

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    Someone brought this up:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjouzlLW0AAHcrr.jpg
    This was seen in an exhibition a while back. Guess O-Kiku will be more significant than we think?
    That was for the stage show. That's a separate character entirely, Oda's just reusing the design since she was a non-canon one off. (And she's stealing Robin's design anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    National holiday. No Jump at all.

That was for the stage show. That's a separate character entirely, Oda's just reusing the design since she was a non-canon one off. (And she's stealing Robin's design anyway.)
    Is having bangs all what it takes to be "stealing" Robin's design?
    I mean, there is nothing more than little similarities here and there, her eyes are different from Robin's, as well as the nose and mouth.
    Does every character need a comical head shape like Otsuru or Urashima to be considered unique nowadays?

Oda stressed on the part of who really runs Wano. Won't be surprised if it turns out to be Rox/Rock.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

She looks nothing like Robin imo

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    She looks nothing like Robin imo
    She looks like pudding mixed with flampe
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

So why would anyone willingly be Hawkins' subordinate or follower or even crewmate? If the bulk of his whole power relies on using everyone around him as literal human shield fodder, who the hell would stick around? They'd have to be enslaved or forced under penalty of death to be his goons.

I'm looking forward to this fruit being explained a bit more, cause so far it remains one of the most random and baffling DF powers any of the Supernova have.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Let's say Zoro being that idiotic is necessary. There's also a bunch of random underlings and the lady that has been living in the country.
    Why would the lady knows how Hawkins' DF works?

Or the just the reader make the connection between the cut going to the face of the guy and then Hawkins shedding one with the same cut.
    We made the connection all the way to Sabaody. All it was missing was the ability to be described which was better off with Hawkins explaining instead of Oda pulling a Togashi.

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    So why would anyone willingly be Hawkins' subordinate or follower or even crewmate? If the bulk of his whole power relies on using everyone around him as literal human shield fodder, who the hell would stick around? They'd have to be enslaved or forced under penalty of death to be his goons.

I'm looking forward to this fruit being explained a bit more, cause so far it remains one of the most random and baffling DF powers any of the Supernova have.
    So far people suffering from Hawkins ability were either completely unrelated or Pleasures from Kaido the ones that smile even if someone hurts them or Orochi men i assume they can't really refuse his orders.
    What's hard to understand ?He has voodoo like abilities .

Even though that sumo guy is prob fodder, I really hope he ends up being a top henchmen of Orochi or Kaido. It would add some cool variety to the type of opponents and could be a cool villain to an opponent like Franky or something.

An all right chapter that seem to end rather abruptly. Felt too short
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion coming soon!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Is having bangs all what it takes to be "stealing" Robin's design?
    When Robin was basically the only female character with those specific bangs for 20 years, yes. If she was still rocking that look post time-skip it would absolutely be a thing, the same way Viola looked way too close to her.

man. I don't know. everyone here seems to be incredibly hyped for Wano, and ever after 4 chapters i'm like... we left whole cake and reverie for this?

my biggest high of this chapter was me reading the title and thinking the original tsuru would be back. alas, I just guess this arc needs its time to set the pieces

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Why would the lady knows how Hawkins' DF works?
    Been in the run from them.

We made the connection all the way to Sabaody. All it was missing was the ability to be described which was better off with Hawkins explaining instead of Oda pulling a Togashi.
    I'm unsure what pulling a Togashi is but just because you are not doing the worst doesn't mean you are doing good. D- is not the worst but it's not a good grade.

If Hawkins has to be be the one explaining Oda could simply have save it for later. I don't think anyone expect Hawkins to no longer appear during the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    man. I don't know. everyone here seems to be incredibly hyped for Wano, and ever after 4 chapters i'm like... we left whole cake and reverie for this?
    My feeling too, but it can't be helped. Even though a lot of people complain about the pursuit part of WCI taking too long, the truth is since the wedding that arc was a very long climax. And as soon as it ended we were thrown into a heavy plot mini-arc that was Reverie.

It is expected the start of a long arc won't feel as gratifying since it comes after a long streak of action+plot, but to be fair it is pretty fast paced for the start of an arc - have in mind we are just 3 chapters in.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Weekly Shonen Jump will be on break next week.
    VISIT FULL POST HERE.
    VISIT SITE:
    Dawn Of One Piece
    One Piece Collection

Do the Nidai Kitetsu and Sandai Kitetsu have the exact same design, or is it that Zoro's Sandai Kitetsu looks less flamey due to being farther away?:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

ok so, so seeing the Supernovas doing this kind of improvements makes me wonder, is Drake still a meh Little Garden sized dinosaur or capable of doing some Godzilla shit?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information