+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Marry Grave

Default Marry Grave

Ok, itís been a long time since I started a thread of a serie nobody else comments so here we go :

Description:
    In a world where demons seek to destroy humanity, a vagabond named Riseman Sawyer travels in search of the ingredients for the spell, "Recipe of the Dead." This magic has the power to resurrect the dead, and thereby revive his late wife who had died using the spell herself to save Riseman.

https://mangadex.org/title/22916/marry-grave

So this a "new" title from Sunday by Hidenori Yamaji. I must say I was a bit sceptical after the first chapters since the plot was a bit hair splitted. But the main character grew on me and once Rosalie appeared, I was hooked. The author makes a hero by the shonen book but he has also some very original narrative ideas which make the mixture a very entertaining title

As a second point of view, here is why Maxy B love it

If you were to ask me to close my eyes and imagine what a Shonen Sunday comic is, this is one of the first things that comes to mind. It reminds me of past gems like MńR and Artist Acro, joyous fantasy adventures with wide-eyed enthusiasm and carefully constructed fantasy worlds with a depth to them that only seems to grow deeper as the series goes on. It might be substantially far down this list, but its quintessential in terms of the magazine itís running in. Riseman Sawyer is a fantastic Sunday protagonist, full of love and compassion for the people he crosses in his journey to revive Rosalie, a self-sacrificing sort ready to throw his undying body into the fray to protect others, even as he knows that he *must* go on if heís to bring his love back. He even has that goofy smiling face you really want this sort of hero to have, optimistic in all he does.
    So donít hesitate to try this title

Default Re: Marry Grave

Damn Kdom, I'm already following 20+ ongoing titles and you show me this jewel! I guess that I have to add another one.
    The premise reminded of the story of Feldon of the Third Path, and I'm glad to see the core aspect is there two. I also think Gaea's Cradle magic is another reference to mtg.
    What else can I say, hope the group don't drop it midway like the one that as doing Stravagaza.
    Jean is best girl, and I really into the whole Rosalie backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Damn Kdom, I'm already following 20+ ongoing titles and you show me this jewel! I guess that I have to add another one.
    The premise reminded of the story of Feldon of the Third Path, and I'm glad to see the core aspect is there two. I also think Gaea's Cradle magic is another reference to mtg.
    What else can I say, hope the group don't drop it midway like the one that as doing Stravagaza.
    Jean is best girl, and I really into the whole Rosalie backstory.
    Oh thanks parriston. I'm glad you liked it. For the moment, the scanlation had a weekly release except for a short time during spring. Let's hope it continues. So far the flashback is really nice. The positive attitude of Sawyer is what Rosalie needed I suppose. So far everything is a bit to good though, I wonder when things will darken.

This surprised me.
    Nice and clean art and the author is clearly a great story-teller.
    I have high hopes for this.

Definitely interesting. Not unheard of as far as immortal heroes go, but a lot more compelling than that creepy series Jaiminisbox translated last year. Also, it helps that the art is rather polished.

While not on the same level as Dungeon Meshi or Whitch Hat Atelier, it's still a worthy addition to the list of fantasy mangas I'll be following.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

I like that the MC reminds me of my favourite charater in Shaman King.

Hidden:

This is lovely. I'm at 9 chapter. The art is really great, (it reminds of Tomi Akihito's Stravaganza). Also I had some nice vibes similar to the SDS when Meliodas was reuniting the sins... Jean is quite the character and not to speak about her hair... Pretty nice stuff to read.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/436457/1
    Cute chapter, but now I'm curious for more Dante backstory.

I caugth up on the last chapter. I found the story a bit naive at some moments, (like when the big boss of the city allows Rosalie to take a moment so that she could throw all of her magic stuff) but those moments were ok to me.

The big plot line is very charming. I specially like Sawyer exacerbated humility. Seen from a Sen's perspective that's s pretty much understandable (something that's hard to understand for western pride).

I also enjoy really much all the magic tricks, spells and items.

At some moment I thought I was going to get tired of too many pages about the greatness of Sawyer and Rosalie's love but it didn't happen up to now. (It surprised me a bit to know the author is not female.)

The art is very very pleasant. It's good in the dark and in the cute/tender moments.

Such a nice read.
    Last edited by Ukimix; August 24th, 2018 at 05:42 PM.

Rosalie didn't even have the advantage of immortality, and she mowed eldrich beings down with so much ease is almost insulting.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Rosalie didn't even have the advantage of immortality, and she mowed eldrich beings down with so much ease is almost insulting.
    Well...
    Spoiler:
    she is probably the Avatar of something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/436457/1
    Cute chapter, but now I'm curious for more Dante backstory.
    Yes I’ m curious what happened to Dante. He appeared a bit out of nowhere at first so i was a bit puzzled but he is a great character

Thank you everyone. I’m happy you like this serie

All signs point to him as a potential end game villain or some kind.
    Maybe. I hope not. Cliche.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/445298/1
    Not to thrilled about Sawyer's new look. But a chance to see Rosie pissed off is gonna be good.

I wonder how Dante is looking like...

Hidden:

I'm curious about Sawyer's abilities to magic and about Dante's dark side.

Don't visit the site announced at the end of the scanlation at least you want to read spoilers

wow a few behind, I gotta a lot of spoilers to read.
    Hidden:
    It's sad that isn't selling well.
    Last edited by pariston_hill; September 7th, 2018 at 04:54 PM.

According to okachi site, sunday magazine is at chapter 35. Wsstalback is made by a dedicated fan of sunday. He reviews every series from the magazine every week. I thinks it is thanks to him i discover Marry Grave.
    Anyway Rosalie is completely in love. I wonder if she will confess first. Sawyer seems a bit to naive to make the first step :-)

Looks kinda cool. I like it. :)
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

Such an impertinent lover... pffff!

What kind of being is Rosie?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information