+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    The second part of this post is exactly why I'm so excited about what is to come after Wano. It might allow a soft reset button since this whole Smile/Alliance storyline that started since Punk Hazard will be wrapped up in Wano, and potentially to an extent, wrapping up the whole beef with Big Mom too that started since Fishman Island which also involves Jinbei joining. After this, the Straw Hats will finally continue their voyage without any freeloaders like Wano natives, the minks, Law etc who have been riding along with the Straw Hats for the last couple arcs. Oda can finally focus on the Straw Hats and their interaction again. I see Wano as the culmination of everything that the Straw Hats started since post time-skip/New World, giving the series a sense of fresh start.
    This post make me so sad as I have the feeling the after Wano would be a huge wrap up on Elbaf and then Raftel, with really few "adventure-like story" and just huge main plot steps. I can see Oda doing just a couple of arcs more with the whole "alliance/war/big battle/huge cast" going on until the very end.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    I would love a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Stampede: 3 billion yen in japan box office (9 Days) !

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Stampede: 3 billion yen in japan box office (9 Days) !
    Official movie twitter retweeted a tweet that says it surpassed 3.5 billion yen :)

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I think this a believable and logical thing for an author to do. At the end of the day, there's just no way that a crew of 9 people can be influencing the world as much as the SH were doing, especially if you take into account that most of their enemies are part of really large organizations/crews.

At some point, it would not be believable to have the SH be the sole reasons for change.
    Yeah but if you really look at it, it's mostly Luffy that's influencing everyone and the narrative seems to be framing as some sort of inevitable saviour.
    Not that he could have done it without his crew but it's not entirely each straw hat doing that part of influencing the world.
    It's reasonable for him to take that step since he has the goal of weaving an epic(my assumption) but I had hopes that he can build his own path in the sense that the essence of One Piece is never lost while the story gets richer.
    Let me put it this way, before this gigantic world building thing he is focused on weaving, the straw hats were jumping here and there towards each island and events with this element of surprise.
    Now it's "everything I write must be weaved together, so it's a whole checklist" and before it is "I dropped foreshadow here and there and it is important to my worldbuilding but the fun of the adventure will always be my focus".
    Basically now that is being lost.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    The second part of this post is exactly why I'm so excited about what is to come after Wano. It might allow a soft reset button since this whole Smile/Alliance storyline that started since Punk Hazard will be wrapped up in Wano, and potentially to an extent, wrapping up the whole beef with Big Mom too that started since Fishman Island which also involves Jinbei joining. After this, the Straw Hats will finally continue their voyage without any freeloaders like Wano natives, the minks, Law etc who have been riding along with the Straw Hats for the last couple arcs. Oda can finally focus on the Straw Hats and their interaction again. I see Wano as the culmination of everything that the Straw Hats started since post time-skip/New World, giving the series a sense of fresh start.
    You are pretty optimistic. I beg to differ and believe that there will probably be a chapter(or if we are lucky, two) of straw hat time only.
    The entire Reverie arc was set up for the pre-end game arc and I have no doubt that is where the story is going after Wano.
    Whatever happened during Reverie will set up the events that needs almost immediate attention after Wano and from there, the momentum will build to another huge saga that proceeds over to the finale.
    There's no rest on this train.

By the way, Grand Order is real fun. I love fate franchise too and I'm proud to say that I contributed to it being the top franchise.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    Official movie twitter retweeted a tweet that says it surpassed 3.5 billion yen :)
    3.05 billion yen.

Anyway, Stampede total seats: 2.31 million (9 Days).

Curious how well Stampede is doing compared to Strong World, which was released the time of One Piece hype peak.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information