+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Sounds like a lot in real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Sounds like a lot in real money.
    ~$39 million, so yeah, not bad at all.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Duuuude

Back up again? What's going on?

Anyone expecting an announcement at Crunchyroll Expo?

Went to see it while in Japan over the last few days. Was incredible. So much fun. Had a thing for just about every part of the fandom down to the little things we come to expect from the main cast
    Spoiler:
    Zoro and Sanji fighting, Nami being Nami over money, Brook Poop jokes, Cute Robin and Chopper stuff, Usopp being MVP
    and the side cast were largely done well save for a few that were advertised
    Spoiler:
    Tashigi did nothing compared to Hina but was advertised a ton. Sabo, just like Sabo as a whole felt he was shoehorned in as an afterthought for no reason and still only exists as fanservice for 5 minutes. The final team up being kinda eh.

The spot the character moments will make me wanna rewatch it a ton and despite not knowing any japanese it was incredibly easy and fun to follow assuming you A: Like One Piece and B: Know a chunk of the characters
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Back up again? What's going on?

Anyone expecting an announcement at Crunchyroll Expo?
    No since there's no FUNi Industry Panel at the convention but an announcement should be in the coming days I would think

Pictures of "Laugh Tale" english romanization in the movie (Stampede spoilers, obviously).

Spoiler:

I'm never going to get used to laugh tale...
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Duuuude

If this becomes the official name, how will the dub (assuming it continues) make the adjustment? Maybe the crew will see it in writing, and be like, "That's weird, always thought it was Raftel."

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    If this becomes the official name, how will the dub (assuming it continues) make the adjustment? Maybe the crew will see it in writing, and be like, "That's weird, always thought it was Raftel."
    The dub is just a translation; they don’t make up their own lines. So they wouldn’t comment on it or they’d pronounce it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    The dub is just a translation; they don’t make up their own lines. So they wouldn’t comment on it or they’d pronounce it that way.
    Have you seen the Dub for DBS?

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Jeez.
    Crocodile was really strong back in the day.....
    This is the thing with crocodile, his power got exploited by Luffy with water. But I assume for anyone else, he's a menace. He did get redeemed in Marineford. Crocodile stops Mihawks slash not even scared and isn't afraid to cut Akainu in half. Crocodile is a true beast.
    Who knows, maybe he's back to his old self now.

Got to watch an early screening here in Singapore. Thoughts below:

Spoiler:
    It's definitely a very fanservicey movie, with tons of high profile characters just crammed into it and bare bones justification for them being there.

I don't dislike that. I think it's pretty cool actually. I'd say this movie's kinda like Strong World in that it's a fun adventure through an isolated island with your favorite characters. Something you can show to One Piece newcomers and enjoy together.
    It's pretty light on story and Bullet's motivation and character aren't really that interesting, but it's a good enough excuse to get everyone together I guess.

I'd rewatch it.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Without spoiling too much, just how strong is Bullet perhaps in relation to the other 4 Emperor's?
    I read something how Buggy said he surpassed Rayleigh in his prime or something?

Dunno where to ask but what was the new thing about DF people.mentioned in the Stampede summary

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Without spoiling too much, just how strong is Bullet perhaps in relation to the other 4 Emperor's?
    I read something how Buggy said he surpassed Rayleigh in his prime or something?
    I was watching with English subtitles, so what I know will be based on that translation.
    Spoiler:
    What Buggy said is that Bullet was as strong as Rayleigh was. In the movie, Bullet's demonstrated strength (to me) definitely seems comparable to an emperor, but only in physical power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Dunno where to ask but what was the new thing about DF people.mentioned in the Stampede summary
    Spoiler:
    I've heard that was a mistranslation on the part of the summary. In the movie, there isn't anything new about Devil Fruits.
    At most, Bullet just reiterated what we knew about Awakened Devil Fruit powers.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I was watching with English subtitles, so what I know will be based on that translation.
    Spoiler:
    What Buggy said is that Bullet was as strong as Rayleigh was. In the movie, Bullet's demonstrated strength (to me) definitely seems comparable to an emperor, but only in physical power.

Spoiler:
    I've heard that was a mistranslation on the part of the summary. In the movie, there isn't anything new about Devil Fruits.
    At most, Bullet just reiterated what we knew about Awakened Devil Fruit powers.
    Thanks for the info

I read on a certain site that Oda revealed Bullet's bounty set on 100 millions in an interview translated by Sandman_AP. It seems really odd to me. Any confirmation?
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Stampede: 4.78 Billion yen (25 days).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information