+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Sawn in Italy today. The character design was EPIC! Better than other OP movies, although Strong World and Z are still my favourite ones.
    Wikipedia says that the movie earned $ 83.6 milions, so soon or later it will pass Z soon becoming the highest grossing OP movie of all time. Is it legit or they are giving fake numbers?
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

Legit. It already surpassed it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by danilomaster87 View Post
    Sawn in Italy today. The character design was EPIC! Better than other OP movies, although Strong World and Z are still my favourite ones.
    Wikipedia says that the movie earned $ 83.6 milions, so soon or later it will pass Z soon becoming the highest grossing OP movie of all time. Is it legit or they are giving fake numbers?
    No. Its breaking box office records for an anime movie in china. It did almost $20 million first weekend in china, and its still going strong

Going to see Stampede subbed in theaters tonight, and very seriously considering getting tickets to see the dubbed version this weekend.

Looking forward to it.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

This movie was something else, really had a great time watching it!

It was really good! It was raining like hell where I live but totally worth it to see this movie!

Bunch of comic relief and a shit ton of action. We got some Infinity War/Endgame level of fanservice.

Really enjoyed the movie! I don't know if it's my favorite One Piece movie, but it's definitely one of the most entertaining. Lots of fanservice, naturally, but it worked for what the movie was. I appreciated that while many characters were just there for quick cameos, a surprising number of them were active in the plot and participated in the battles, so they didn't feel as pointless as, say, Sabo and Lucci in Gold. Good balance of comedy and action, and even a tiny bit of drama that got to me more than I thought it would. Some of the best action sequences in any of the movies, as well.

I didn't get to see Gold when it was in theaters, so I'm really glad I go to see this on the big screen, especially with how huge of a spectacle the whole thing was (especially the finale). Wonderful getting to see it in a packed theater filled with One Piece fans, too. Watching One Piece is usually a solitary experience for me, so it was great being able to laugh with others at the right times and to hear people reacting (appropriately, thankfully) to some of the bigger moments, even clapping when the credits started rolling.
    Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by jmbjr View Post
    Watching One Piece is usually a solitary experience for me, so it was great being able to laugh with others at the right times and to hear people reacting (appropriately, thankfully) to some of the bigger moments, even clapping when the credits started rolling.
    Completely agree, outside of the internet, I only have one person to talk to about One Piece, so it was nice being in an environment where for once I was with a bunch of other OP fans lol

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    It was really good! It was raining like hell where I live but totally worth it to see this movie!

Bunch of comic relief and a shit ton of action. We got some Infinity War/Endgame level of fanservice.
    You live in Austin, too, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    You live in Austin, too, eh?
    Nope, somewhere a bit colder

I saw it last night as well. Honestly, I felt like it was all one big third act the moment Bullet stepped in. There were very few moments for breathing room, and it was kinda exhausting, so I don't think it beats out SW/Z/Gold for me. But I did love Usopp's scenes; someone calling him MVP before was definitely appropriate. And Foxy's scenes were all just the best.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I was thinking of maybe seeing the movie tomorrow since I get off of work fairly early but it looks like the only showing in Boston that isn't a pain in the ass for me to get to is scheduled even earlier so looks like I'm not seeing this until Wednesday. Appears to be a subtitled showing, which is fine with me.

I'm a tiny bit nervous, haha. Aside from my shelves of manga volumes and manga/video game art books at home I don't really fly my fandom flags at all IRL.
    Last edited by Crossword; October 25th, 2019 at 06:57 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Duuuude

Wednesday by me is a dub showing, which I'm attending.

How cool is Sabo though? That hiken.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I was thinking of maybe seeing the movie tomorrow since I get off of work fairly early but it looks like the only showing in Boston that isn't a pain in the ass for me to get to is scheduled even earlier so looks like I'm not seeing this until Wednesday. Appears to be a subtitled showing, which is fine with me.

I'm a tiny bit nervous, haha. Aside from my shelves of manga volumes and manga/video game art books at home I don't really fly my fandom flags at all IRL.
    The room is pretty dark, you know. You’ll be fine.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Well, I was hoping to see the subbed version first, but wouldn't you know it, the first three showings of Stampede--this past Thursday, today, and this upcoming Tuesday--are the only three evenings in a 10-day period where I'm not available to go see it since I'm busy with work events in the evening, lulz. Guess that means I'm seeing dubbed first on Wednesday, then subbed on Thursday.

Ah well. At least seeing my second showing on Halloween gives me a perfect excuse to wear my OP cosplay to the movie. (Though let's be real, I'm gonna do that for the Wednesday showing, too, haha.) Glad to hear that so many others here are getting to see it too and enjoying it; can't wait to see it myself.

EDIT: Welp, actually, looks like no theaters near me are playing the subbed version on Thursday. S'pose I'm just doing the dub and that's it. RIP.
    Last edited by BellisarioFaith; October 26th, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
    Hidden:

I think I'm going to go and see the dub next Wednesday. I haven't seen an anime film in theatres since Battle of Gods, so this should be fun.

Just saw it today, it was AWESOME!

It's definitely the kind of movie you have to see in theaters to feel the epic scale of everything going on.

Spoiler:
    Everybody clapped when Sabo formed Ace with his flames near the end

Saw the movie today. Really good stuff. Theater wasn't as packed as I'd hoped it would be, but the audience still had some good reactions.

Also, funny story, I went to this particular showtime because I was under the understanding that this would be a dub showing, but they ended up showing the sub version. Then, about 20-30 minutes in, they stop the movie and a guy explains that they mixed it up and they would switch it to the dub version. Actually, I think a lot of people in the audience were miffed they were switching it to dub, but, nevertheless, they continued the rest of movie as the dub version.

Anyway...

Spoiler:
    -The plot for this was actually pretty cool. Facing down a former member of Roger's crew with an Eternal Pose to Raftel (which I guess is Laugh Tale now, it's hard to keep track of all this) as the prize. It almost could be canon.
    -Wish the other Strawhats had gotten more to do, but Usopp got a great showing out of this.
    -As did the Supernovas and Warlords and all the other major players. Just the kind of unlikely team ups movies like this were made for.
    -Maybe I missed something, but I don't understand what Robin and Sanji found in the underground cave.
    -Bullet's kaiju form was cool as hell. Great use of CGI.
    -I don't know if this is my new favorite One Piece movie, but it's certainly up there.

I saw it at the movie theaters today, definitely enjoyed it a lot

lots and lots and lots of Cameos

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information