View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 4.15%
  • Carrot

71 32.72%
  • Caribou

10 4.61%
  • Momo

3 1.38%
  • Kinemon

3 1.38%
  • Hiyori

3 1.38%
  • Bonney

7 3.23%
  • Pekoms

4 1.84%
  • Vivi

19 8.76%
  • Kawamatsu

14 6.45%
  • None of the above

74 34.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 190 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 3783

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Kinemons wife has been waiting 20 years for his return, for Kinemon to leave his wife behind for an adventure would be the ultimate stab in the back.
    Pretty much what I was trying to say

I doubt Kuma can send everyone away like that

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Pretty much what I was trying to say
    He would be like Goku but yeah,Kinemon in the crew is a No for me. After this arc,he will have served his role in the story and there is nothing more he can take to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    Been a long time since I've been here, was looking through this thread for good theories about the next/final crewmate. Your post really struck me and I found it very convincing, but the more I think about it, the more I also start doubting aspects of it. I'd never considered that Momo would want to learn the Poneglyphs and, as it stands, Robin is really the only one who can teach him. On the other hand, though.. Does he really need to learn it? Hear me out here: basically everyone either already believes or will fully believe that Luffy will fulfil Roger's (and Oden's) wills (we clearly saw that with Pedro's sacrifice in WCI). So assuming that everyone has complete faith in the Straw Hats to take the Poneglyphs to the end, what use will there be for them after that?

I'm definitely not saying that this is an argument *against* Momo, I'm just thinking how I don't know if he necessarily needs to learn about them now. If he wants that knowledge later just for the sake of preserving the knowledge, he could always learn it after everything in the series is said and done. I still think you make a good argument and it seems very possible, just maybe there isn't as much of a need for point 1 right now.

Also @ point 3, with Carrot also joining, that would bring the amount of crewmates up to 12, which is one more than what the concensus always held. I don't know if over my years of absence people have convincingly argued that 12 members is very possible, but I remember people being dead-set on the final figure of 11 because

1. Luffy said at the very beginning he wanted 10 crewmates, which was by and large interpreted as 10 people aside from himself
    2. Blackbeard's crew currently has 10 captains and him as Commodore, so unless he gets one extra (which is possible I guess) the number wouldn't add up to give everyone a 1v1 at the end
    3. Oda loves football so it'd be nice in concept to have the same number as a football team

So I don't know about 2 more people joining.
    Momo might not need to learn to read them, but since they mentioned that it was a tragedy that Oden doed before teaching him, thats something they would want changed. It all depends on the importance they put on him knowing.

As far as the crew number limit, what you are referring to is something Luffy said while in East Blue. He said he wanted at least 10 crew mates before entering the grand line.

Although I see the big 3 consistently getting 1v1 fights, I think team ups will be more common among the support fighters. That way 2 weaker cree crew members can take down a BB Captain.

The football argument is foolproof. No rebuttal from me.
    Last edited by Natsu Shabby; October 26th, 2019 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu Shabby View Post
    Although I see the big 3 consistently getting 1v1 fights, I think team ups will be more common among the support fighters. That way 2 weaker cree crew members can take down a BB Captain.
    So you think it's a pure coincidence that the Straw Hats are only 1 member off of matching the number of Blackbeard's main crew at this point in time?

I've also seen it said that 1v1s for every main character at the end of a series is a Shounen trope, but as I don't read any others I can't judge on this and someone else will have to elaborate.

The technique that Momo did not learn was the carving of the poneglyphs. There could be a Poneglyph which Robin could translate for Momo. But at this point Momo having the voice of all things bypasses the need of a translator. In fact, Oden could very easily have left a message for Momo and the latter gets to hear his father and potentially mother's voice on last time.

I do not think there is any need for the last crew member to be a fighter. In fact, that type of struggle has room to be very interesting. Something like Yahiko in Rurouni Kenshin during the last arc of the manga.
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; October 28th, 2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    The technique that Momo did not learn was the carving of the poneglyphs. There could be a Poneglyph which Robin could translate for Momo. But at this point Momo having the voice of all things bypasses the need of a translator. In factor, Oden could very easily have left a message for Momo and the latter gets to hear his father and potentially mother's voice on last time.

I do not think there is any need for the last crew member to be a fighter. In fact, that type of struggle has room to be very interesting. Something like Yahiko in Rurouni Kenshin during the last arc of the manga.
    Is this based on what Linlin said? That can be interpreted another way. Idk if this is a confirmed VOAT ability

I doubt were gonna get a defenseless crewmate, especially when Oda had an entire training arc timeskip so they wouldn't be a burden on Luffy

and they'll have to fight one of Black Beards 10 Commanders at the end of the series

seriously guys that's basically the number 1 qualification at this point to be a crewmember is that you need to be able to handle yourself, hence why people don't think Tama or Momo will join

obviously they need lots more too, flashback, dead mentor, dream, role on the Sunny, but if they can't handle themselves in a fight and don't have a unique fighting style they ain't joining

Tama or Momo possibly not joining has nothing to do with power levels for me.

Have we entertained the idea that Blackbeard's 10th commander is also a newbie Est type? Not personally expecting it, but would be interesting.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Blackbeard doesn't invite weaklings though, unless it's his wife.

So at best we would be getting.... Tama vs. Blackbeard's girl?

Hey now maybe he saw the potential in Apis and invited her onboard to speed level her up to 100 in the new world.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Going by design, Denjiro is already in the front race for 11 crewmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Going by design, Denjiro is already in the front race for 11 crewmate.
    His design wasn't all that interesting, he kind of looked like a young version of Zoro's teacher, kunia's dad

Blackbeard has a wife?!
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Blackbeard has a wife?!
    I think they're referring to how Black Beard told Bonney she was to weak to be in his crew, unless she wanted to be his wife

I think they're referring to how Black Beard told Bonney she was to weak to be in his crew, unless she wanted to be his wife
    Okay, that makes more sense. Thanks.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

How many people actually believe in the number theory? Cause if were going off that Kinemon definitely has the best chances based off his disguise disguise fruit

That being said he's also boring as hell, overlaps with certain other straw hat's themes, and has a wife in Wano who I assume he wants to reconnect with when all this Kaido business is said and done and probs help look after little Momo as his new position as Shogun

so that leaves the paw paw fruit and the meat meat fruit right? anything I'm missing?

EDIT: Also the Paw Paw fruit is a bit too OP, I mean you can send someone flying away for three days if you merely touch them, and you can remove pain and injury from a person which means the straw hats will never be fatigued for long, meaning Chopper is no longer needed

unless you know Oda just casually forgets those abilities like he does sometimes with Observation Ambition or future sight
    Devil Fruits names aren't always so straightforward. Many are abbreviations of longer words and others have names only tangentially related to what the fruit does (i.e Sugar's fruit). With a little creativity, Oda could probably make any kind of power fit the number theory.

Kin'nemon's fruit makes clothes so it's the 'Clothing' fruit. Perfectly natural. The suspicious thing would be if someone shows up with a DF with a contrived named that just so happens to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Is this based on what Linlin said? That can be interpreted another way. Idk if this is a confirmed VOAT ability
    This has been implied throughout the series. Rayleigh explicitly stated that no one in their crew knew how to read the poneglyphs. That Roger could "hear voices".

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I doubt were gonna get a defenseless crewmate, especially when Oda had an entire training arc timeskip so they wouldn't be a burden on Luffy
    I wouldn't call them defenseless, just weak. I do not think that having the two year time skip matters at all. That would imply that if Luffy found someone he liked, but they were weak he would not invite them. Which, to me, makes no sense.

and they'll have to fight one of Black Beards 10 Commanders at the end of the series
    The greatest underdog fight of the series. Sounds like one of the more exciting fights that could happen considering that the new weak member would have to use their wits to overcome someone out of their league.

seriously guys that's basically the number 1 qualification at this point to be a crewmember is that you need to be able to handle yourself, hence why people don't think Tama or Momo will join
    Seems to be more of a fan made qualification.

obviously they need lots more too, flashback, dead mentor, dream, role on the Sunny, but if they can't handle themselves in a fight and don't have a unique fighting style they ain't joining
    They would have a unique fighting style.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    This has been implied throughout the series. Rayleigh explicitly stated that no one in their crew knew how to read the poneglyphs. That Roger could "hear voices".
    I am wrong for questioning this, you're right. Agreed, Rayleigh does note this. Between what BM said and Luffy not being able to command Zunisha or the Sea Kings, the abilities definitely vary.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information