View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 3.66%
  • Carrot

78 31.71%
  • Caribou

11 4.47%
  • Momo

7 2.85%
  • Kinemon

6 2.44%
  • Hiyori

4 1.63%
  • Bonney

9 3.66%
  • Pekoms

4 1.63%
  • Vivi

20 8.13%
  • Kawamatsu

14 5.69%
  • None of the above

84 34.15%
Closed Thread
Page 204 of 216 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4318

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Outside of Brook and Jinbei, Nami and Usopp are the closest to being "pirates" before joining. The last 2 members have been really experienced and Oda may or may not continue this pattern. Out of the 4 possible next nakama, I feel like Pekoms has the most pirate experience.

Carrot - Was a pirates for less than a week
    Pekoms - been a BM pirate for long time
    Raizo - was never a pirate
    Kiki - same as Raizo
    I feel like the last crew member will be someone who already has a bounty on them, so either Pekoms or someone we’ve never seen before

unless my dream of either Crocodile or Moria joining happens which I would say is not very probable

I genuinely think, Jinbei will be/is the last member to join the SH.

Think about it, we are in the endgame now and Jinbei has never officially met the entire crew as a crew member.

After Wano we will barely have anytime with the Straw Hats together, again. So Jinbei just won't have time to become established as a member if Oda introduced a new crew member.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I genuinely think, Jinbei will be/is the last member to join the SH.

Think about it, we are in the endgame now and Jinbei has never officially met the entire crew as a crew member.

After Wano we will barely have anytime with the Straw Hats together, again. So Jinbei just won't have time to become established as a member if Oda introduced a new crew member.
    I disagree, Luffy said in the beginning he wanted 10 crew members, and Black Beard, the evil version of Luffy’s crew, has 10 members too

Plus there’s still a lot of loose ends story wise, we have plenty of adventures left, there’s more than enough time for one more crewmate

Yup back in the past I thought we will get 9 nakamas but with BB having a tenth I changed my mind.

But have no clue who.

Pudding should join and make babies on the ship like Oden and Toki

Pudding still makes more sense than anyone in Wano tbh
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    there’s more than enough time for one more crewmate
    No there isn't, Mr Strange do the honors please

https://open.spotify.com/track/3GCpE...ShWNpS25Sd2E5w

The theme song for all the new nakamates.

That mysterious new girl could still be out there.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Maybe Pudding's half sister from Three-Eye Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4a9a...temid=14938794
    I have been hearing "were in the end game" for waaaaaay to long to take it seriously

there still at least 8 to 10 years left which is plenty for a crewmember to join

8-10 years means ~4 arcs with the lengthy ones whe have nowadays so it is not that plenty
    And if Aokiji is the 10th Blackbeard member, will he really be an opponent to the Strawhat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    8-10 years means ~4 arcs with the lengthy ones whe have nowadays so it is not that plenty
    And if Aokiji is the 10th Blackbeard member, will he really be an opponent to the Strawhat ?
    a decade isn't enough time to build a main character? it shouldn't matter how many arcs, 8 to 10 years is plenty of time to make us fall in love with a character

and also I don't think aokiji is the last BB titan, When Jesus Burgess was introduced they said Black Beard had 10 Titans, and they were still arguing if Aokiji should be allowed to join, why would they be arguing about that then and there if he was already know throughout the world as one of there 10 Titans? and Oda specifically told us in the databook all the Black Beard pirate members divisions the only one not named was the 10th division commander, but despite all the BB members having there division listed on there card Aokiji's said nothing of the sort

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4a9a...temid=14938794
    There's still years and years left. Oda says 5 and I can't believe it'll be less than 8 unless he REALLY rushes. (but with current pacing I do believe 8 now, rather than say, 10-13.) That'll be easier to judge when we see how long it takes to wrap up Wano, but thats probably at least a year of fighting ahead plus some wrap up after. MAYBE it'll be close to wrapping at chap 1000 but that seems pretty fast given its already had 60 chapters of setup, (including 10 chap flashback) 30 for the climax seems short. If it take another year and a half or two years, that'll change all actual endgame estimates, same way the Big Mom arc taking 2 years instead of 1 did.

And we're not to the endgame yet. There's at least Elbaf still to go before Raftel and then the War.

Plus I keep saying it'd be really weird if Oda let us know the entire course of the series 15 years in advance, there's probably at least one more surprise location we know nothing about. One more Thriller Bark or Sabondy before getting to the promised locale.
    Last edited by Robby; January 25th, 2020 at 11:25 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There's still years and years left. Oda says 5 and I can't believe it'll be less than 8 unless he REALLY rushes. (but with current pacing I do believe 8 now, rather than say, 10-13.) That'll be easier to judge when we see how long it takes to wrap up Wano, but thats probably at least a year of fighting ahead plus some wrap up after. MAYBE it'll be close to wrapping at chap 1000 but that seems pretty fast given its already had 60 chapters of setup, (including 10 chap flashback) 30 for the climax seems short. If it take another year and a half or two years, that'll change all actual endgame estimates, same way the Big Mom arc taking 2 years instead of 1 did.

And we're not to the endgame yet. There's at least Elbaf still to go before Raftel and then the War.

Plus I keep saying it'd be really weird if Oda let us know the entire course of the series 15 years in advance, there's probably at least one more surprise location we know nothing about. One more Thriller Bark or Sabondy before getting to the promised locale.
    Years to go yes.
    Arcs to go... Not so many.

Each of the Yonkou is in the move right now, one Yonkou will be down at the end of this, the marines are on the move too, and Luffy will be one RP away from knowing where Laugh Tale is, not to mention Neko might just be carrying said info right now.
    Thats all Endgame stuff really.

If you find the One Piece, there's something after that. What is it that the Roger Pirates couldn't accomplish?

Kaido is about to lose Wano, Warlord system done, Elbaf, whatever Im has going on, Sabo, Alabasta, how the Royals deal with each other. So many more things to close up and we have more questions than answers.

The SH crew will have to find the next PG and deal with so much more. Follow that with finding the OP. After that, they're still not done because there's more to it that not even the Roger Pirates achieved.

Post Yonko Saga seems more like a new beginning than the endgame. A weapon that we know nothing about is still out there. At any moment, Oda can get inspired and introduce something that flips the series on it's head. I'm being told that it's impossible to do that because recent statements. I go by the story because what he says to even his wife isn't in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    If you find the One Piece, there's something after that. What is it that the Roger Pirates couldn't accomplish?

Kaido is about to lose Wano, Warlord system done, Elbaf, whatever Im has going on, Sabo, Alabasta, how the Royals deal with each other. So many more things to close up and we have more questions than answers.

The SH crew will have to find the next PG and deal with so much more. Follow that with finding the OP. After that, they're still not done because there's more to it that not even the Roger Pirates achieved.

Post Yonko Saga seems more like a new beginning than the endgame. A weapon that we know nothing about is still out there. At any moment, Oda can get inspired and introduce something that flips the series on it's head. I'm being told that it's impossible to do that because recent statements. I go by the story because what he says to even his wife isn't in stone.
    That's true... it feels more like the beginning of a new era rather than the end of the series XD

Regardless of how much content we think One Piece still has, the fact is that Oda himself is trying to finish the thing. There's a lot of meaning in Oda stating that he intends to finish the manga in 5 years, but people brush it over as "he is always wrong at his predictions". Will he manage to do that? Doubtfully, but that's not what is important in that statement. The true meaning of that statement is not how many years One Piece will take to be finished, but that Oda is already working with his eyes set on the end of the manga.
    The disposition he has shown in that interview is different from anything in the past, it's very clear in his very eyes (and is him, not us, who know what the manga still holds) we are now entering the final portions of One Piece, not starting something new.

Hope that disposition is stronger than his urge to introduce new things

The people versus Oda rages on i see

To be honest, since WCI arc Oda is giving me a clear feeling of "I want to get there asap" with "there" being all the big events he planned for said arc or for the big story and get everything tied up. He seems to focus a lot on those while rushing through the small details and intricacies of each arc unlike what he used to do (and the result is that the sideplots started relying a lot more on contrived coincidences). So finding out he actually has the end in sight was really fitting, it perfectly matches the feeling the manga itself has been giving (at least in my eyes) for the past few years.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; January 26th, 2020 at 03:23 PM.

Most if not all of the stuff you guys claim to be 'too much to go', could easily be covered in Elbaf, LodeStar and Laugh Tale really.

Closed Thread

Thread Information