View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 2.93%
  • Carrot

108 35.18%
  • Caribou

12 3.91%
  • Momo

10 3.26%
  • Kinemon

9 2.93%
  • Hiyori

4 1.30%
  • Bonney

9 2.93%
  • Pekoms

5 1.63%
  • Vivi

26 8.47%
  • Kawamatsu

16 5.21%
  • None of the above

99 32.25%
Closed Thread
Page 207 of 404 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 8073

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not that Carrot has as much chance as Paulie, it's just that Paulie is just the Carrot of Water 7.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I never know if taking Paulie's chances into account and comparing them to Carrot's is a sutil diss, or an earnest comparison.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

If Momo was at least 13, I'd honestly say he would be a very serious candidate, especially after seeing the recent flashback.

..........But he ain't, and he's not much compared to his old man.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    I never know if taking Paulie's chances into account and comparing them to Carrot's is a sutil diss, or an earnest comparison.
    It's just a comparison taking into account the role of both characters in a connected saga. Both of them have a protagonist role in the first arc, while they are less important than the landscape in the second. I liked the synergy between Carrot and the band, so I wanted her to join, but it's just illogical.

Would love to see 5 moments where Paulie is away from the Galley La group and having any moments with the crew

This happens every time I win the Carrot arguments

Claiming that you've won just by mentioning some imaginary moments that you think somehow highlight Carrot as a SH isn't particularly something to brag about. Particularly when you have spend more time saying that you have proved something somehow instead of actually proving anything. And even then, it's been ripped apart and shat on like crazy.

I mean I find all Carrot arguments to be complete garbage and been-there-done-that type deal but even by those standards, your posts tends to be reaching some new lows.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Paulie was a serious contender back in the day. Granted, that was before Franky really got screentime, but most people initially assumed he'd be the guy and that held for a long while. The community was pretty evenly split at the time.

That should have gone out the window the moment Franky's flashback started, and it REALLY should have been out when he was in a color spread listed as a Strawhat, but that's how it goes.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Paulie was a serious contender back in the day. Granted, that was before Franky really got screentime, but most people initially assumed he'd be the guy and that held for a long while. The community was pretty evenly split at the time.

That should have gone out the window the moment Franky's flashback started, and it REALLY should have been out when he was in a color spread listed as a Strawhat, but that's how it goes.
    Who do you think is going to join? Or do you think we haven't met the last crewmember yet?

Reminds me of last year when he said it didn't happen and someone posted a whole collage. He chose to disappear for a while after that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yxenz View Post
    It's just a comparison taking into account the role of both characters in a connected saga. Both of them have a protagonist role in the first arc, while they are less important than the landscape in the second. I liked the synergy between Carrot and the band, so I wanted her to join, but it's just illogical.

The joke is that Paulie did not join, so his chances, were actually 0 from the start.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Ah, yes the collage of entire Carrot's moments across 50+ chapters......compare to other characters who received just as much, if not more, moments.

Though you forgot to post one for Law or Kinemon or Momo or Hachi or Camie or any other character that spend time with the crew lol.

But cherry-picking and ignoring all the other examples and choosing to believe that a mere generic bunny character SH worth material when she, in her so called role that is rather basic, ended up failing to do even that *much*, is a good choice.

But yea, who needs facts when you can rely on emojis and imagery moments :)

*Insert generic emoji*

Oh dear you two certainly don't get along

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Who do you think is going to join? Or do you think we haven't met the last crewmember yet?
    Outside of Vivi or Mr.2, no one we've currently met really fits the bill.

And even Vivi is a really really weird situation. If she showed up today for the first time I'd say no, too Nami clone, but since she showed up in year 3 and Oda kept putting her in covers long after she left and bringing focus back to her, she's an unusual case.

I think the data cards made her an unnoficial one.

And Mr. 2 was out forever when Oda handpicked his VA to be Franky, so.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

He remembers, I see lol

Eh, I just love fucking around with people that use some extreme level of mental gymnastics.

Always fun to see when people know they are wrong, but decide to bring out some outta-the-box argument and think that what is being said is somehow original and new.....even though that's basically been the argument that millions of other people have used and failed in different situations.

Just for the sake of imagining. Considering that Franky would be much longer than Mr. 2 with the Straw Hats, why not use the VA for a more frequent role?
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Outside of Vivi or Mr.2, no one we've currently met really fits the bill.

And even Vivi is a really really weird situation. If she showed up today for the first time I'd say no, too Nami clone, but since she showed up in year 3 and Oda kept putting her in covers long after she left and bringing focus back to her, she's an unusual case.

I think the data cards made her an unnoficial one.

And Mr. 2 was out forever when Oda handpicked his VA to be Franky, so.
    Do you still think we'll get a last member after Jinbei? Some people seem to think he'll be the last, but I honestly believe we'll have one more member

because Oda had Luffy promise us 10 members on the very first chapter, and Black Beard has 10 members to, and I remember something about Oda saying he wanted to have 11 members like a Soccer team in some interview

Might have a case with Momo, but you're trolling with the others. Carrot hate is blinding you from using logic

Hiyori would be interesting and I think would be fun personality wise but I don't think she really has any fighting ability. Carrot is probably the most likely out of those in the poll but at the same time the crew members so far have all had their individual talents that added to the crew. What does Carrot really have outside of just being able to fight? I can't even really think of any more positions off the top of my head that need to be filled. And while Jinbei's the helmsman I'm pretty sure (if he ends up officially joining the crew and being on the ship) that job is already done by Chopper most of the time.

She can be a lookout..... You know the thing that she failed at consistently in WCI arc...

Closed Thread

Thread Information