View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

    9 3.07%
  • Carrot

    102 34.81%
  • Caribou

    12 4.10%
  • Momo

    10 3.41%
  • Kinemon

    7 2.39%
  • Hiyori

    4 1.37%
  • Bonney

    9 3.07%
  • Pekoms

    5 1.71%
  • Vivi

    25 8.53%
  • Kawamatsu

    16 5.46%
  • None of the above

    94 32.08%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 347 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 6931

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

  1. #6481

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I'm not.
    I literally said that when Pedro comes back he's totally bringin the Nox, with or without Carrot, nothing obligatory.





    Ah is a fact? Show me his corpse.




    Carrot doesn't have a fb, and she's not getting one in whatever arc she lacks personal connections with, that's the point, dont get lost.





    I don't recall asking you Kin'emons narrative, I just proved that "being with x amount of time" amounts to nothing as SH material.
    I repeat again what I said on the previous page which was ignord.

    Carrot does not need personal connection to a future location to gain further character development. It's a constraint you are imposing that has never been considered for any previous member of the crew. I gave the example of Nami who has no known personal connections to any locations beyond Cocoyashi Village yet has received significant character moments throughout the story. I also provided the example of a moon(s) centered storyline which could be of direct relevance to a mink member of the crew given the relationship the Minks have with the full moon.

    And I repeat again, the point of flashbacks is not that they happen in the past, but that they provide a moment of emotional growth for the character.

    And I repeat again, it's fine to speculate Pedro is alive, but it is not right to expect everyone to assume he is alive when there is zero evidence in the story to suggest this is the case. Pedro has been dead for over 100 chapters at this point. The null hypothesis is not that he is alive. The null hypothesis is that he is dead.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There's a difference between "having an unexpected twist break patterns" and "intentionally make a character lesser and undeveloped with a shoving into the background for the sake of... not having people guess they're joining"?

    Wapol could show up next week and join the crew, and while that would certainly be a surprise twist and a break from the norm, its also not good storytelling or development.
    Which is not at all comparable to Carrot who has had significant development and remains with the crew. There was a story reason for the minks to be in hiding during the second act of Wano.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  2. #6482

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I'm not.
    I literally said that when Pedro comes back he's totally bringin the Nox, with or without Carrot, nothing obligatory.
    Pedro formed Nox to help a crew or 1 like it that he couldn't join. He said this is the crew before he attacked Pero. There is no purpose for a separate crew, now that he knows of the SH


    Ah is a fact? Show me his corpse.
    I clearly said that it not being set in stone is a fact. I don't claim absolutes that didn't happen. Now, you still haven't explained how it isn't set in stone. I'm waiting on that and 3 other things.



    Carrot doesn't have a fb, and she's not getting one in whatever arc she lacks personal connections with, that's the point, dont get lost.
    She had a flashback as she was about to attack Kata. The series isn't over. Saying she won't get a flashback is like saying Pedro can't come back when none of us know this as fact.



    I don't recall asking you Kin'emons narrative, I just proved that "being with x amount of time" amounts to nothing as SH material.
    Is that all that I listed or just 1 part of what I said? Kinemon was introduced by you and I used manga facts to show that he doesn't fit all of what I said and the specific parts you left out

  3. #6483

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There's a difference between "having an unexpected twist break patterns" and "intentionally make a character lesser and undeveloped with a shoving into the background for the sake of... not having people guess they're joining"?
    And I would agree with you as long as we both regard this as your opinion. I have no problems with this.

    If you regard it as more than opinion then I maintain that I disagree on the basis that this entire series and story can go whichever way possible because it can. We've never had a scenario where a background character ever joined the crew. That's the simple fact of it, and we don't know whether it's even possible. For a major series like One Piece where each crewmember matters? Yes, it's a big deal. But again, I'm not saying Carrot has high chances of joining, nor do I think she should. I don't find her character all too interesting, but at the same time I have no idea why she's on the ship either.

    If her problem is that her characters is intentionally undeveloped, then there has to be a reason for this. I'm not privvy to those reasons, and none of us are. They make no sense to me. Yet 'good storytelling' is also subjective, and I can confidently say what we regard is two different matters here because of a difference in opinion.

  4. #6484
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Pedro formed Nox to help a crew or 1 like it that he couldn't join. He said this is the crew before he attacked Pero. There is no purpose for a separate crew, now that he knows of the SH
    Straight up lying now? it was stated Pedro did the Nox for Nekomumashi.
    and yeah, there are still Poneglyphs missing so..



    I don't claim absolutes that didn't happen
    you literally said back there that Pedro is dead, yet you can't prove it aay lmaaao


    She had a flashback as she was about to attack Kata. The series isn't over. Saying she won't get a flashback is like saying Pedro can't come back when none of us know this as fact.
    isn't "Wano has too many other things to focus on Carrot" the usual excuse poor argumentations you guys come up with any time we ask why was she left aside for MOST of the time in Wano?

    That's still the thing, there's still no room for that, there's like a ton of characters out there actually getting spotlight and the arc is becoming shorter and shorter every chapter.

    And yean wow, great flashback before atacking Katakuri, almost like those Vivi had about Pell when he... WAIT! Oh gosh...we´ve seen this dynamic before didn't we.


    Is that all that I listed or just 1 part of what I said? Kinemon was introduced by you and I used manga facts to show that he doesn't fit all of what I said and the specific parts you left out
    I don't care, if you can't prove that "certain amounts of chapters make people crewmates", then don't bring that up.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    It's a constraint you are imposing that has never been considered for any previous member of the crew.
    EXCEPT IT TOTALLY IS.
    Nami was introduced way earlier in the series, yet it was until her personal connections in Arlong Park that her story kicked in.
    Robin came in at Alabasta, but it was until the arc with CP9, Aokiji, Buster Call, personal connections that triggered her flashback.
    Jinbro was introduced in Impel Down and we had to wait until Fishmen Island, and further more to WCI to which he's was a servant of the ruler, to learn more of him

    and Sanji´s nazi family(personal connection factor) and Luffy's sworn brother(personal connection factor) triggered Sanji´s flashback as a Vinsmoke and Luffy, Sabo and Ace's flashbacks.

    nothing imposed here, this is reality.


    And I repeat again, the point of flashbacks is not that they happen in the past, but that they provide a moment of emotional growth for the character.
    And I repeat, we're not eating that " she a mold-breaker" crap.
    zero evidence in the story to suggest this is the case.
    There's evidence of previous survivals to head on explosions, and Tarte 09 is strong hinting.

  5. #6485

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Straight up lying now? it was stated Pedro did the Nox for Nekomumashi.
    and yeah, there are still Poneglyphs missing so..
    Is it not for the crew/chosen one's sake? Where is the lie? He literally refers to the SH crew as the ones they've been waiting for. If it's not for the chosen ones, then who are the PGs for?




    you literally said back there that Pedro is dead, yet you can't prove it aay lmaaao
    I said that Pedro being alive isn't set in stone and you can't prove he's alive because it hasn't been confirmed





    isn't "Wano has too many other things to focus on Carrot" the usual excuse poor argumentations you guys come up with any time we ask why was she left aside for MOST of the time in Wano?

    That's still the thing, there's still no room for that, there's like a ton of characters out there actually getting spotlight and the arc is becoming shorter and shorter every chapter.

    And yean wow, great flashback before atacking Katakuri, almost like those Vivi had about Pell when he... WAIT! Oh gosh...we´ve seen this dynamic before didn't we.
    Another absolute that hasn't been confirmed that is based on a expiration period made up by someone who isn't the writer. Again, Usopp made a connection with giants that no reader knew existed beforehand




    I don't care, if you can't prove that "certain amounts of chapters make people crewmates", then don't bring that up.
    You don't care, now that you've introduced a character that doesn't fit the parts you left out. This is a pattern

  6. #6486
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Is it not for the crew/chosen one's sake? Where is the lie? He literally refers to the SH crew as the ones they've been waiting for. If it's not for the chosen ones, then who are the PGs for?
    That's what Pedro said, "to help Master Nekomumashi", Master Nekomumashi is still there, and the SH´s still lack several Poneglyphs, nothings stops Nox to comeback.




    I said that Pedro being alive isn't set in stone and you can't prove he's alive because it hasn't been confirmed
    https://boxden.com/smilies/HiV8Pqv.png
    here´s is your own words;
    So a contradiction is irrelevant because of a possible survival of a dead character?
    you don't claim absolutes eh?


    Another absolute that hasn't been confirmed that is based on a expiration period made up by someone who isn't the writer. Again, Usopp made a connection with giants that no reader knew existed beforehand
    Did you miss the part that Carrot is participating here because she's part of the Mink-Samurai-Ninja-Pirate alliance? is that still going to exist after Wano?

    And AGAIN, my original point is that SH´s get their flashbacks triggered by personal connections in whatever island/arc they met with them. None of the Giants Usopp have met have done this, and Carrot simply doesn't have any personal connection not even microscopically hinted in the future.


    You don't care, now that you've introduced a character that doesn't fit the parts you left out. This is a pattern
    You said "Carrot's the Mink who'se been the longest", yeah so? both being a Mink and spending time with them are NOT straight paths into joining.

  7. #6487

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    That's what Pedro said, "to help Master Nekomumashi", Master Nekomumashi is still there, and the SH´s still lack several Poneglyphs, nothings stops Nox to comeback.
    Why does he want it for Neko? Is Neko not waiting on the right people like Oden was? Did Neko not say that the SH crew were those individuals? It is literally them and for some reason, this is a lie because it's for Neko?





    here´s is your own words;
    you don't claim absolutes eh?
    The term possible is there and it is a question. Nothing about this is absolute. It is literally the polar opposite of an absolute




    Did you miss the part that Carrot is participating here because she's part of the Mink-Samurai-Ninja-Pirate alliance? is that still going to exist after Wano?
    I don't know and the fact that you are questioning it, but also saying the time is up, says everything I need to know really.

    And AGAIN, my original point is that SH´s get their flashbacks triggered by personal connections in whatever island/arc they met with them. None of the Giants Usopp have met have done this, and Carrot simply doesn't have any personal connection not even microscopically hinted in the future.

    You said "Carrot's the Mink who'se been the longest", yeah so? both being a Mink and spending time with them are NOT straight paths into joining.
    Man... which one is it? How can she travel as a Nox Pirate if there is no personal connection? Those are conflicting points

  8. #6488

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    I just want to say that Triceron is a godsend.

  9. #6489
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post

    Man... which one is it? How can she travel as a Nox Pirate if there is no personal connection? Those are conflicting points
    Ok, Carrot stays back, Pedro is the one who goes as a Nox. even tho you're the one who brought that up.

  10. #6490

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    I just want to say that Triceron is a godsend.
    There's nothing like cheering on the home team in a heated derby.

  11. #6491

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Straight up lying now? it was stated Pedro did the Nox for Nekomumashi.
    and yeah, there are still Poneglyphs missing so..





    you literally said back there that Pedro is dead, yet you can't prove it aay lmaaao




    isn't "Wano has too many other things to focus on Carrot" the usual excuse poor argumentations you guys come up with any time we ask why was she left aside for MOST of the time in Wano?

    That's still the thing, there's still no room for that, there's like a ton of characters out there actually getting spotlight and the arc is becoming shorter and shorter every chapter.

    And yean wow, great flashback before atacking Katakuri, almost like those Vivi had about Pell when he... WAIT! Oh gosh...we´ve seen this dynamic before didn't we.




    I don't care, if you can't prove that "certain amounts of chapters make people crewmates", then don't bring that up.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    EXCEPT IT TOTALLY IS.
    Nami was introduced way earlier in the series, yet it was until her personal connections in Arlong Park that her story kicked in.
    Robin came in at Alabasta, but it was until the arc with CP9, Aokiji, Buster Call, personal connections that triggered her flashback.
    Jinbro was introduced in Impel Down and we had to wait until Fishmen Island, and further more to WCI to which he's was a servant of the ruler, to learn more of him

    and Sanji´s nazi family(personal connection factor) and Luffy's sworn brother(personal connection factor) triggered Sanji´s flashback as a Vinsmoke and Luffy, Sabo and Ace's flashbacks.

    nothing imposed here, this is reality.



    And I repeat, we're not eating that " she a mold-breaker" crap.

    There's evidence of previous survivals to head on explosions, and Tarte 09 is strong hinting.
    "We are not eating" - you speak for no one but yourself. I have never used the term mold breaker. That is your mocking, sarcastic phrase to dismiss an argument out of hand without providing any counter reasoning.

    You believe Tarte 09 means Pedro is alive, but that is YOUR theory that is YOURS ALONE. Not everyone is obligated to share your opinion. Nothing right now connects that ship to Pedro. It's fine if you assume it's him, but you cannot expect others to share in that assumption.

    The point I was making is that we did not know about any of those things when those characters joined the crew. There was no way to know on Baratie that hundreds of chapters later we'd learn about Germa. There was no way to know in Alabasta that we would later learn about Ohara. You expect people to accept wholesale the extremely flimsy theory that Tarte 09 carries a perfectly okay Pedro, yet categorically dismiss even the possibility that Carrot could receive any possible future development beyond Wano.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  12. #6492
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    "We are not eating" - you speak for no one but yourself. I have never used the term mold breaker. That is your mocking, sarcastic phrase to dismiss an argument out of hand without providing any counter reasoning.
    Your whole argument is; "yeah everyone has one, but Carrot doesn't need a fb cause bla bla"
    that's mold-breaking right there.

    The point I was making is that we did not know about any of those things when those characters joined the crew.
    There was no way to know on Baratie that hundreds of chapters later we'd learn about Germa. There was no way to know in Alabasta that we would later learn about Ohara.
    And I'm making a point in noticing how we learn that thanks to personal connections existing there.

    Carrot have been living isolated in Zou(where she didn't get a flashback), she doesn't have the personal connection factor in Elbaf, or Lodestar and less likely in Laugh Tale. She's not getting a flashback at all, she'll remain the secondary character she is.

  13. #6493

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Your whole argument is; "yeah everyone has one, but Carrot doesn't need a fb cause bla bla"
    that's mold-breaking right there.



    And I'm making a point in noticing how we learn that thanks to personal connections existing there.

    Carrot have been living isolated in Zou(where she didn't get a flashback), she doesn't have the personal connection factor in Elbaf, or Lodestar and less likely in Laugh Tale. She's not getting a flashback at all, she'll remain the secondary character she is.
    I don't see why I should treat your arguments with any sort of respect if you minimize my point to 'bla bla'.

    You are completely missing my point. We could not possibly have known at the time any of the characters joined the crew which future arcs would bring them into focus. Nami received development in places where she did NOT have personal connections. I'm talking about the 890 chapters since they departed from Cocoyashi Village, the single place she has had personal connections. We could not have known about her bond with Lola for example. You absolutely cannot claim with certainty that there is no possible future storyline where Carrot could receive development. It is impossible to know this and thus a terrible argument.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  14. #6494

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    There's nothing like cheering on the home team in a heated derby.
    lol.

    But to be fair, he isn't even a Carrot supporter. What is nice about it is that he is a more unbiased person to point out the fallacies of the anti-Carrot faction.

  15. #6495
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I don't see why I should treat your arguments with any sort of respect if you minimize my point to 'bla bla'.
    I was just proving you that yeah, you're pushing for her to supposedly be the "mold-breaker" of the crew.

    not need to quote your whole stuff when that alone makes it.

  16. #6496

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I was just proving you that yeah, you're pushing for her to supposedly be the "mold-breaker" of the crew.

    not need to quote your whole stuff when that alone makes it.
    I get it. You cannot accept even the possibility that someone will join the crew without a flashback and dismiss it out of hand, but you're completely missing the point of a flashback. You're not engaging with the argument at all when you say 'blah blah mold breaker'. That's not an argument. That's a refusal to engage in conversation.

    I have tried to illustrate in the past that there is no mold. You're imposing these restrictions which do not exist outside your own expectations. No two characters have joined in the exact same way. The reason you have not been able to put together a cohesive list of constraints is because none truly exists. Most of it is pieced together through retrospect. You have to consider what is known at the time a character joined. It's hard to do that without the bias of seeing the story in its entirety. You're using things that happened much later in the story for characters already as part of the crew to argue against even the possibility of Carrot joining which makes for a very week argument.

    Again, I need to stress, that you're imposing rules for joining and changing the rules constantly because there is no checklist, no set of parameters that need to be met for someone to join.

    And about future development (included from the edit to my previous post): You are completely missing my point. We could not possibly have known at the time any of the characters joined the crew which future arcs would bring them into focus. Nami received development in places where she did NOT have personal connections. I'm talking about the 890 chapters since they departed from Cocoyashi Village, the single place she has had personal connections. We could not have known about her bond with Lola for example. You absolutely cannot claim with certainty that there is no possible future storyline where Carrot could receive development. It is impossible to know this and thus a terrible argument.

    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  17. #6497
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I get it. You cannot accept even the possibility that someone will join the crew without a flashback and dismiss it out of hand, but you're completely missing the point of a flashback. You're not engaging with the argument at all when you say 'blah blah mold breaker'. That's not an argument. That's a refusal to engage in conversation.

    I have tried to illustrate in the past that there is no mold. You're imposing these restrictions which do not exist outside your own expectations. No two characters have joined in the exact same way. The reason you have not been able to put together a cohesive list of constraints is because none truly exists. Most of it is pieced together through retrospect. You have to consider what is known at the time a character joined. It's hard to do that without the bias of seeing the story in its entirety. You're using things that happened much later in the story for characters already as part of the crew to argue against even the possibility of Carrot joining which makes for a very week argument.

    Again, I need to stress, that you're imposing rules for joining and changing the rules constantly because there is no checklist, no set of parameters that need to be met for someone to join.

    And about future development (included from the edit to my previous post): You are completely missing my point. We could not possibly have known at the time any of the characters joined the crew which future arcs would bring them into focus. Nami received development in places where she did NOT have personal connections. I'm talking about the 890 chapters since they departed from Cocoyashi Village, the single place she has had personal connections. We could not have known about her bond with Lola for example. You absolutely cannot claim with certainty that there is no possible future storyline where Carrot could receive development. It is impossible to know this and thus a terrible argument.

    Are you in plain denial of everyone having a flashback?... and claiming it to be an invention of ours... wow.
    they all do, there's quite a mold right here.

    And again, Nami has gotten no other flashbacks in any other place. my point, which I'm repeating for the gazillion time, is that SH´s get this kind of fb in places they met with personal connections with(which again, Nami doesn't have further flashbacks in any other place).

    I literally never said that SH's don't get developed here or there, they just don't get flashback in arcs where the personal connection factor doesn´t trigger it first.

  18. #6498

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    future plot lines or trivials that could involve Tama:
    - the guy with an amigasa hat visiting Crocus
    - Imus giant straw hat
    - Ace's grave
    - the spade pirates
    - the ones responsible for Ace dying, Blackbeard and Akainu
    - Ace's other brother Sabo
    - other fearsome beasts in other islands, like in elbaf or vegapunks robot animals.
    - learning or getting ninja items from usopp
    - learning about uhh.. assassinating from robin lol, or maybe just some intel gathering skills.
    - eating amazing new exotic meals cooked by sanji, and some getting some more oshiruko

    past plot lines or trivials that got expanded upon in another tama flashback
    - her origins
    - the time line error
    - drake attacking amigasa village
    - what is hitetsu to her? since he didn't provide for her, why was he her "master"?
    - other animals she tamed
    - how did she get her df
    - did she do any kunoichi/ninja training during the last few years?

    got inspired by your discussion on carrots past and future :3
    https://youtu.be/9fykY9KsnGA

    Bounties and names of every single Roger Pirate

  19. #6499

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Are you in plain denial of everyone having a flashback?... and claiming it to be an invention of ours... wow.


    And again, Nami has gotten no other flashbacks in any other place. my point, which I'm repeating for the gazillion time, is that SH´s get this kind of fb in places they met with personal connections with(which again, Nami doesn't have further flashbacks in any other place).

    I literally never said that SH's don't get developed here or there, they just don't get flashback in arcs where the personal connection factor doesn´t trigger it first.
    'an invention of ours' - again, you speak only for yourself. I'm not addressing a collective hive consciousness here. I'm talking to you as an individual. Appealing to a group or herd belief doesn't make your individual arguments any stronger. I'm saying that your arguments impose ever changing restrictions because there is no single pattern which pertains to all current members of the crew.

    I'm saying the point of a flashback is to provide an understanding of what motivates a character to sail with Luffy. I'm not saying Carrot absolutely won't or can't have one. I'm saying that she doesn't need to have one to join. It's impossible to say for certainty that there is no future island where she could have a flashback. It's a possibility that she could have a flashback of some kind at some point, but I don't believe it's a necessity.

    I'm not saying that current members haven't all had flashbacks. Robin's came much later than the point at which she joined the crew. Usopp's was a page long. Jimbei wasn't at the center of the story in his flashback. They have varied in story placement, length, degree of tragedy, and relevance to the particular location where they occurred. Robin was not personally connected to Enies Lobby. Zoro wasn't personally connected to Shell Town. Luffy's second flashback occurred on Amazon Lily. What drives those moments is the narrative, not the location.

    I don't know that Carrot won't have one. Maybe she could. Maybe there's things we could learn about Zunesha. Maybe we learn about the moon(s) on Elbaf and they have some strong connection to Uranus. Or maybe Carrot doesn't have one. I don't think it's a leap to say that Pedro's death in real time serves the same narrative purpose for her as the deaths or sacrifices made by parents / mentors for other members of the crew. Carrot seems to have had a more sheltered childhood. Maybe nothing special happened in her past. Maybe the first tragic thing to happen in her life just happened on Whole Cake Island.

    Yes, characters on the crew have flashbacks. The fact that the events happened in the past is arbitrary. The shared narrative function those flashbacks serve is what's important. Carrot has the latter without the events happening in the past. Maybe there's more to her past. I don't know and you don't either. It's ultimately irrelevant because flashbacks have already been shown to not be required before a character joins. We don't know all the places the Straw Hats will visit after Wano, so it's impossible to say if and when there could be a flashback or major event pertaining to Carrot. And beyond that point, the narrative function of a flashback has already been delivered for Carrot in the form of Pedro's death.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Your argument boils down to:

    -Characters MUST have a flashback before joining or, at the time they join, we MUST be able to predict the arc in the future where their flashback will occur
    -Carrot hasn't had a flashback yet
    -There is no possible place beyond Wano that Carrot could have a flashback with 100% certainty
    -Pedro is alive with 100% certainty and cannot serve as Carrot's dead mentor

    Ergo, impossible for Carrot to join.

    I think that's a fallacious argument.
    Last edited by Vongola_Boss_XI; May 23rd, 2020 at 03:08 PM.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  20. #6500

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)



    symbolism or a reference for Tama vs Sanjuan Wolf
    https://youtu.be/9fykY9KsnGA

    Bounties and names of every single Roger Pirate

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. Solid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts