View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 3.07%
  • Carrot

102 34.81%
  • Caribou

12 4.10%
  • Momo

10 3.41%
  • Kinemon

7 2.39%
  • Hiyori

4 1.37%
  • Bonney

9 3.07%
  • Pekoms

5 1.71%
  • Vivi

25 8.53%
  • Kawamatsu

16 5.46%
  • None of the above

94 32.08%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 347 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 345 346 347
Results 6,921 to 6,935 of 6935

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

I just wanted to point out Odas awesome monster design and the potential of a monster tamer in the crew with the picture, I seriously dont know if Shift is making arguments with his tongue in cheek or if he is dead serious shitting on anything not Carrot related lol
    https://youtu.be/9fykY9KsnGA

Bounties and names of every single Roger Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    You're one of the people here, aren't you?
    Yes, but I try not to repeat myself over and over again, that's also why I don't like starting discussions with certain people.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    I just wanted to point out Odas awesome monster design and the potential of a monster tamer in the crew with the picture, I seriously dont know if Shift is making arguments with his tongue in cheek or if he is dead serious shitting on anything not Carrot related lol
    Whatever Carrot's chances actually are, I just don't have patience for Shirahoshi 2.0.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

If anything, Carrot is Perona 2.0. Fan favorite female character that overlaps with members in the crew already with very little interaction to the straw hat captain.
    https://youtu.be/9fykY9KsnGA

Bounties and names of every single Roger Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    If anything, Carrot is Perona 2.0. Fan favorite female character that overlaps with members in the crew already with very little interaction to the straw hat captain.
    Did Perona fight side by side with the crew for even one full arc, let alone three? Did she save the crew from certain distruction and get showered with praise for it? Did Luffy ever call her by name, like Oda said was actually a sign of respect from him? And did Perona ever serve on the SHs ship like an actual crewmember?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Or let us just assume that she's just Carrot nothing more nothing less.

Just let me be clear, Carrot is not my fan favorite. She is not who I would have picked if I had my say. But I didn't side with Jinbe because I personally liked him, either.

For both of them, it was a single moment that made it clear they were possible. With Jinbe, it was carrying Luffy and telling him he had to survive on the Marineford battlefield. For Carrot, it was Luffy counting her as one of his people before going into the mirror. They are what showed the potential relationship Luffy was to build with them in the future, to be forged and galvanized in the arcs ahead.

Carrot's time to make it or break it is now. She has had time to build a rapport with the rest of the crew. The test is if she can make her mark with Luffy himself. If she can't, then that's that. But I think she has that chance.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

The final showdown between the Blackbeard and Straw Hat pirates is going to be so great

Usopp, getting his sniping skills and ingenuity pushed to their limits

Nami, bending the elements to her will on a never before seen scale at the last moment

Franky, utilizing the entire might of his arsenal as he's pounded into scrap metal

Tama, retreated to a safe distance as she sics a horde of forcefully dominated critters at the enemy, only like, really big ones this time probably

in all seriousness, if Oda wanted a "Pokemon trainer" type character in the crew, surely he'd have introduced one wayyyyyy earlier so that the trainers beasts could be developed, as well as their strengths and weaknesses, and her bond with them? When exactly is there gonna be time for Tama to collect a menagerie she or the reader actually cares about? She can't very well just summon nearby critters, they need to eat her dango. I guess you could make the case that the critters would be analogous to Usopps random plants or Frankys random weapons, but in this case they're actual living creatures, not one-and-done projectiles.

If there only were a ninja technique which could summon animals... nah, never seen something like that before, impossible...

Spoiler:

Yeah, if Oda wanted a Pokemon trainer he would've introduced them sooner, no need to wait for a ninja who could do something like that.

Carrot's time to make it or break it is now. She has had time to build a rapport with the rest of the crew. The test is if she can make her mark with Luffy himself. If she can't, then that's that. But I think she has that chance.
    Ignoring narrative devices (like: character exposure, purpose, author planning), all that would require for Carrot to go with the crew is she asking for it. Luffy wouldn't deny it to her, she's already a proven friend. Will she? Does she want to keep travelling the world? And, even if she does, does she have the ambition to go with the crew?

And then there's the other side. If not her asking, would Luffy ask her? Currently we are not searching for a specific position. But, even without a clear role, I think Luffy would ask her if she showed interest on being a pirate (like was the case with Usopp).

So, to me, the big question is: Does she want to be a member of the crew, or is this journey just one big adventure that will satisfy her?

If yes, we will see narrative devices ahead that will point to it: a dream, her own fight, a moment to show her ambitions.
    If no, then she will keep out of focus and just be a fun companion for now.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    all that would require for Carrot to go with the crew is she asking for it. Luffy wouldn't deny it to her, she's already a proven friend.
    This is exactly it. Luffy would accept pretty much anyone that he considered friendly.

He wanted to recruit GAIMON. A random useless dude stuck in a treasure chest that the crew only knew for a single afternoon.
    He tried to recruit some of the spooky things in Thriller Bark like the talking tree.
    He also extended his first invitation to Brook at their very first encounter.

Whoever joins, Luffy isn't the one deciding the criteria. He's SO easy going with it.
    At this point we know it's on the other person to show interest if they're gonna officially join.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Just let me be clear, Carrot is not my fan favorite. She is not who I would have picked if I had my say. But I didn't side with Jinbe because I personally liked him, either.

For both of them, it was a single moment that made it clear they were possible. With Jinbe, it was carrying Luffy and telling him he had to survive on the Marineford battlefield. For Carrot, it was Luffy counting her as one of his people before going into the mirror. They are what showed the potential relationship Luffy was to build with them in the future, to be forged and galvanized in the arcs ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Ignoring narrative devices (like: character exposure, purpose, author planning), all that would require for Carrot to go with the crew is she asking for it. Luffy wouldn't deny it to her, she's already a proven friend. Will she? Does she want to keep travelling the world? And, even if she does, does she have the ambition to go with the crew?

And then there's the other side. If not her asking, would Luffy ask her? Currently we are not searching for a specific position. But, even without a clear role, I think Luffy would ask her if she showed interest on being a pirate (like was the case with Usopp).

So, to me, the big question is: Does she want to be a member of the crew, or is this journey just one big adventure that will satisfy her?

If yes, we will see narrative devices ahead that will point to it: a dream, her own fight, a moment to show her ambitions.
    If no, then she will keep out of focus and just be a fun companion for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    This is exactly it. Luffy would accept pretty much anyone that he considered friendly.

He wanted to recruit GAIMON. A random useless dude stuck in a treasure chest that the crew only knew for a single afternoon.
    He tried to recruit some of the spooky things in Thriller Bark like the talking tree.
    He also extended his first invitation to Brook at their very first encounter.

Whoever joins, Luffy isn't the one deciding the criteria. He's SO easy going with it.
    At this point we know it's on the other person to show interest if they're gonna officially join.
    Can't agree more with these posts. It's that simple.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Carrot can handle herself perfectly well even without Sulong. Minks are super strong from childhood. And she doesn't need to be protected while getting something done, which she has done and Tama hasn't.

Carrot doesn't need anyone to fight her battles for her. Tama needs everyone to.
    I'll add to this:

1) Carrot was primarily responsible for Brulee's defeat without Sulong

2) Sulong is called the 'true form' of the Minks and we saw a hint in Clover's lab that the world's present state may not be the way it has always been. The absence of additional celestial bodies implies that perhaps Sulong was not always restricted and that bringing the 'New Dawn' might correct this disturbance to the natural order. It's just a theory, but at this point has more basis in the story than Tama somehow having the ability to summon monsters.

3) Honestly, Luffy is more of a 'monster tamer' character than Tama. How many big creatures has Luffy made into allies without mind control at this point? Surume, Pincers (crab in Alabasta), all the animals on Ruskaina, etc.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

I see, nobody is a Carrot supporter, but still everybody tries to come up with excuses to justify her chance of joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    I see, nobody is a Carrot supporter, but still everybody tries to come up with excuses to justify her chance of joining.
    Argue for the specific reasons Carrot will join: Goal posts shift and ever increasing number of arbitrary fan-imposed rules and restrictions are raised to prove she can't join.

Simplify the argument by saying it all comes down to character: lol see no one has any reasons! Perona! Monet! lol
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    arbitrary fan-imposed rules and restrictions are raised to prove she can't join.
    Or why she is going to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Simplify the argument by saying it all comes down to character: lol see no one has any reasons! Perona! Monet! lol
    Deicide and MDL are 100% correct.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information