+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 701 to 718 of 718

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

  1. #701

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    There were fakeouts before, Pell was just the most blatant and unjustifiable and at this point in the series it still is.
    I can only think of two fakeout deaths before Pell. Igaram and Dorry. Are there any others?

    Purely coincidence

  2. #702

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I can only think of two fakeout deaths before Pell. Igaram and Dorry. Are there any others?
    Merry was the first fakeout of a named character I can recall, from chapter 28. I also count Gin's when Don Krieg shot the poison gas bomb.

  3. #703

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    Merry was the first fakeout of a named character I can recall, from chapter 28. I also count Gin's when Don Krieg shot the poison gas bomb.
    Ah, right, Merry. True.

    I don't think Gin should count though. A lot of panel time was devoted to showing why he didn't simply die, so its not really a fakeout.

    Purely coincidence

  4. #704

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    I'm pretty sure Nero is dead.

    Spoiler:

  5. #705

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Snow bunnies in Drum were also bloodied and beaten down and left for dead and mourned by their comrades, but got right back up as soon as the arc was done.

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I'm pretty sure Nero is dead.

    Dude was only hit repeatedly by a trained assassin and then thrown into a huge raging storm on open water. Sure he should be dead. but he didn't have a devil fruit, his nickname was "sea weasel" and he had some mastery over Geppo air walk. He's fine.

    T-Bone was tossed out into the same storm after being beaten by Zoro and we know as fact he's okay.

  6. #706

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Snow bunnies in Drum were also bloodied and beaten down and left for dead and mourned by their comrades, but got right back up as soon as the arc was done.
    I'm not sure where you got "mourned by their comrades" from, but there was nothing saying that the bunnies died. Wapol and co. only said that they beat them.

    Dude was only hit repeatedly by a trained assassin and then thrown into a huge raging storm on open water. Sure he should be dead. but he didn't have a devil fruit, his nickname was "sea weasel" and he had some mastery over Geppo air walk. He's fine.
    You're doing it again. You're using circular reasoning to try and prove your point. "Oda doesn't kill because he didn't kill Nero, and we know Oda didn't kill Nero because he doesn't kill". You're doing this for so many counterexamples at this point that its becoming untenable.

    T-Bone was tossed out into the same storm after being beaten by Zoro and we know as fact he's okay.
    Zoro not killing a guy he respected is a lot more plausible than Lucci not killing a guy he disliked.

    Purely coincidence

  7. #707

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I'm not sure where you got "mourned by their comrades" from, but there was nothing saying that the bunnies died. Wapol and co. only said that they beat them.
    They were bloodied and left unconscious. Maybe I'm just remembering the anime on this one and not the manga, but they mourned. Little ones nudging up against the big ones and not getting reactions.

    You're doing it again. You're using circular reasoning to try and prove your point. "Oda doesn't kill because he didn't kill Nero, and we know Oda didn't kill Nero because he doesn't kill". You're doing this for so many counterexamples at this point that its becoming untenable.
    1-It's a joke

    2-YOU are adding the extra steps there. "Oda didn't kill Nero because he doesn't kill" is all there is to it. I wouldn't use Nero as an actual example of someone surviving until we saw him on camera again. That's why I mentioned T-bone instead.


    Though I did just remember Mr. 9 who was left for dead for about a decade.

  8. #708
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    People who had reason to know/care about Pell: Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Vivi, Crocodile, Robin, Chaka, Cobra, Igaram, Khoza. (13)

    People who had reason to know/care about Pedro: Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, BM, Perospero, Tamago, Pekoms. (11)

    We got more mourning for Pedro in WCI than Pell got in Alabasta, despite Pell having more named characters who knew/cared about him and less extraneous characters who wouldn't be affected. So Pedro's death, again, by every possible metric, was more impactful to the story.



    Why would it be weird? We're going to know about the dawn stuff eventually, and Pedro dying to protect those he identified as the bringers of the dawn sounds like a pretty big motivator. And you seriously don't think that Carrot is going to meet up with Inu and Wanda and tell them the bad news? We've got two weeks until the attack and that's an eternity in OP time. Why would Pedro's death go uncommented?



    No it didn't. If Pedro is going to survive this, then there's no reason it had to do any permanent damage to Perospero. Pedro is much weaker than Perospero and was closer to the explosion than he was, so he's going to be much worse off than Perospero.



    Only if you ignore all the deaths that have happened in real-time (Chapter 1 bandit, mr. 11, Duck Claw Squad, Ace, Whitebeard), and presume that every death that we haven't gotten confirmation on yet is alive (Monet, Vergo, Pound, Pedro). Don't you see how you are assuming that you are right in order to prove that you are right? That's a tautology, you can't do that, its extremely poor reasoning.



    Except for Pedro himself saying that this was his final voyage. Even Jimbei with all his death-flags actually promised Luffy that he'd come back.
    Sorry I'm on a phone so I will be doing listing instead of quoting individually.

    1-dont know why would u list Crocodile and Robin, neither of then would give a poop about Pell, if villains counted, theres Big Mom and her gazillions children.

    2-No, it would get weird only if it goes like Joker laughing off the lost of Vergo and Monet in half a panel, or uncommented, like Igram, for example I dont recall Vivi telling Cobra. when the author does stuff like that, those are strong signs of survival.
    and yes, despite we all being two weeks from the real thing, Holdems beat up will put Jack on the move and as of now, neither Wanda or Inu are close to Carrot, of course I would start getting more convinced once they reunite.

    3-personally I never saw deathflags on Jinbe, dont still see it at all, some people here see deathflags everywhere, last deathflagged character was Law, whom a bunch of people seemed 100% convinced of it.

    4-I got 'fishy-ness- from Pedro due to him asking BM to spare him because he wanted to see the dawn and lacking 50 years of his life wouldn't just stay like that, Im(still) expecting a much happier ending for the character, of course that stuff about his last voyage are more recent words from him, but Vergo also had to say goodbye and Pell "flashbacking" tearful stuff to his death, I would be very surpised if any new One Piece fan going thru Alabasta would've expected Pell to survive, we all fell to it, lots are falling to Pedro now








  9. #709
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Pedro's death has had and will have a lot more repercussions than the average character. The SHs feel it, Carrot does, and Dogstorm and Sicilian (and Wanda if she's present) will have to address it too. It's exactly the same as Ace and WB in the way it changes things for the main characters forever.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

  10. #710

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    I would trust in pedro's death if oda didn't do the exact same thing to Pekoms and Pound. And everyone from vinsmokes to fishmen got all left behind with BM getting there, so that counts as much as dead.

    But this is clearly one of those multiple arcs story, so too early to call it.

  11. #711

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I would trust in pedro's death if oda didn't do the exact same thing to Pekoms and Pound. And everyone from vinsmokes to fishmen got all left behind with BM getting there, so that counts as much as dead.

    But this is clearly one of those multiple arcs story, so too early to call it.
    But it's not the exact thing. Like, at all. The past couple of posts already explained why.

    Also they never said they were killing Pekoms, I don't know why people insist on pretending otherwise.

  12. #712

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They were bloodied and left unconscious. Maybe I'm just remembering the anime on this one and not the manga, but they mourned. Little ones nudging up against the big ones and not getting reactions.
    You're thinking of earlier when they're buried in the snow and Luffy saves one of them.

    YOU are adding the extra steps there. "Oda didn't kill Nero because he doesn't kill" is all there is to it. I wouldn't use Nero as an actual example of someone surviving until we saw him on camera again. That's why I mentioned T-bone instead.
    Except that earlier you said that Oda hadn't killed anyone between Pell and Marineford. And when presented with a counterexample, you just declare him to be alive with no support from the story.
    Last edited by AvocadoInTheRain; October 15th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

    Purely coincidence

  13. #713
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Pedro's death has had and will have a lot more repercussions than the average character. The SHs feel it, Carrot does, and Dogstorm and Sicilian (and Wanda if she's present) will have to address it too. It's exactly the same as Ace and WB in the way it changes things for the main characters forever.
    we're pretty much arguing that Pedro had zero similarities to Ace and Whitebeard, starting with Pedro's corpse not being around, and rather sharing more similarities with fake-deaths, starting with the tremendous amount of lack of drama, Pekomz did a similar thing to Mr 3 in Marineford about BonClay, Carrot's response to the explotion was a call-back to Vivi and Pell, and then Sanji and Carrot just poke each others head and 'mkay' lets go. waay to off compared to Ace and Whitebeard.








  14. #714

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Sorry I'm on a phone so I will be doing listing instead of quoting individually.

    1-dont know why would u list Crocodile and Robin, neither of then would give a poop about Pell, if villains counted, theres Big Mom and her gazillions children.
    Does being on your phone also prevent you from reading my comment correctly?
    I was listing the people who could conceivably have a reason to talk about his death and be impacted by it (Robin interacted with him several times, Pell ruined Croc's plan). Not just the people who would have mourned them. Also, I did actually include Big Mom and three of her people on that list because they would have had things to say about his death. Although, I should add Katakuri to that list, because he saw Pedro maim his brother. None of the other BM pirates have a reason to care about Pedro or his death.

    2-No, it would get weird only if it goes like Joker laughing off the lost of Vergo and Monet in half a panel, or uncommented, like Igram, for example I dont recall Vivi telling Cobra. when the author does stuff like that, those are strong signs of survival.
    and yes, despite we all being two weeks from the real thing, Holdems beat up will put Jack on the move and as of now, neither Wanda or Inu are close to Carrot, of course I would start getting more convinced once they reunite.
    Man, you really need to go back and read the manga in its entirety because you've clearly forgotten a lot of it.
    Doflamingo didn't laugh off their deaths, he was FUCKING LIVID. He immediately jumped out of his window and flew to Punk Hazard to murder the people responsible.
    And Vivi did tell Cobra about Igaram. She told him in the same letter that explained Crocodile's plan. Chapter 167.

    3-personally I never saw deathflags on Jinbe, dont still see it at all, some people here see deathflags everywhere, last deathflagged character was Law, whom a bunch of people seemed 100% convinced of it.
    Jimbei has repeatedly said that it was not a matter of if - but when - he would sacrifice his life for Luffy. How is that not a death flag? Again, reread the manga.

    4-I got 'fishy-ness- from Pedro due to him asking BM to spare him because he wanted to see the dawn and lacking 50 years of his life wouldn't just stay like that,
    What on earth are you trying to say here? I can't make heads or tail of it.
    Last edited by AvocadoInTheRain; October 15th, 2018 at 12:33 PM.

    Purely coincidence

  15. #715
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Does being on your phone also prevent you from reading my comment correctly?
    I was listing the people who could conceivably have a reason to talk about his death and be impacted by it (Robin interacted with him several times, Pell ruined Croc's plan). Not just the people who would have mourned them. Also, I did actually include Big Mom and three of her people on that list because they would have had things to say about his death. Although, I should add Katakuri to that list, because he saw Pedro maim his brother. None of the other BM pirates have a reason to care about Pedro or his death.
    but why would u count people who wont ever give a cent, it's perfectly obvious that the villains don't ever care who died around them.

    Man, you really need to go bck and read the manga in its entirety because you've clearly forgotten a lot of it.
    Doflamingo didn't laugh off their deaths, he was FUCKING LIVID. He immediately jumped out of his window and flew to Punk Hazard to murder the people responsible.
    In Dressrosa*
    when a death doesn't get dramatically milked, that's when there's chances of not being a real death.

    And Vivi did tell Cobra about Igaram. She told him in the same letter that explained Crocodile's plan. Chapter 167.
    ah okay, watched most of the anime thrughout my way until Shabaody so I didn´t want to mix anime/manga stuff.


    J
    imbei has repeatedly said that it was not a matter of if - but when - he would sacrifice his life for Luffy. How is that not a death flag? Again, reread the manga.
    any SH who must say 'I´die for Luffy´, is much likely never going to, so no, zero death flags.

    What on earth are you trying to say here? I can't make heads or tail of it.
    Pedro begged for his life to see the dawn and had soul extracted, I would take Oda plans on not giving Pedro the chance to see the dawn and never get his lifespan again due to being really dead, but is that really Oda´s style








  16. #716

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    we're pretty much arguing that Pedro had zero similarities to Ace and Whitebeard, starting with Pedro's corpse not being around, and rather sharing more similarities with fake-deaths, starting with the tremendous amount of lack of drama, Pekomz did a similar thing to Mr 3 in Marineford about BonClay, Carrot's response to the explotion was a call-back to Vivi and Pell, and then Sanji and Carrot just poke each others head and 'mkay' lets go. waay to off compared to Ace and Whitebeard.
    Manga: Sanji: Pedro died, damn. I feel responsible for his death *totally serious and affected*
    Carrot: Oh don't mind it he did it on purpose *fails to cry* *cries anyway*
    Sanji: *consoles Carrot*
    Carrot: *keeps crying and screaming*

    Monquito: a pat in the head and mkay let's go

    That was some interesting wording out there.

  17. #717
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    Manga: Sanji: Pedro died, damn. I feel responsible for his death *totally serious and affected*
    Carrot: Oh don't mind it he did it on purpose *fails to cry* *cries anyway*
    Sanji: *consoles Carrot*
    Carrot: *keeps crying and screaming*

    Monquito: a pat in the head and mkay let's go

    That was some interesting wording out there.
    that was super small, in comparission, Pudding spend more paneling sobbing and crying and no one dead was involved in her sadness.








  18. #718

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    that was super small, in comparission, Pudding spend more paneling sobbing and crying and no one dead was involved in her sadness.
    Don't misinterpret me, I'm not trying to pick a fight here or anything. But I find your wording amusing. And it kind of explains why we'll never be close to a similar wavelength on this matter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts