+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1519

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    It begs the question, if the Vivre Card treated Jinbe as a current Strawhat already, why didn't his card came out along with the rest of the crew in the initial set? I mean, back in September when it came out we were already in Wano, it's not like some new information came in the meantime that would have been spoiled.

Oda and his staff themselves don't seem to know how to consistently treat Jinbe situation as a SH, so it's no surprise the readers can't properly figure it out.
    This thread should be called Scrodingers Crewmate with all this Jinbe Business
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

FWIW, I highly doubt that Oda himself has much or anything to do with the character list at the beginning of each volume. The seems like something editors would do (kinda like the data books). So I don't think that's the thing to latch onto with Jimbei. As far as the actual content of the chapters (the primary source) is concerned, Jimbei is the crew's helmsman.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    FWIW, I highly doubt that Oda himself has much or anything to do with the character list at the beginning of each volume. The seems like something editors would do (kinda like the data books). So I don't think that's the thing to latch onto with Jimbei. As far as the actual content of the chapters (the primary source) is concerned, Jimbei is the crew's helmsman.
    Does Oda also not have much to do with the colour spreads?

Also, you can bet that if Oda thought Jimbei had fully joined, he would have told his editors to change the intro page. Or an editor would have double checked with him. A new crewmember joining is kind of a big deal.

Purely coincidence

The reason why Jinbe isn't on any covers yet, might be because his appearance has changed and Oda doesn't want to spoil it.
    Otherwise he is a Strawhat, Luffy said it, so it's a done deal. Why this unnecessary discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    The reason why Jinbe isn't on any covers yet, might be because his appearance has changed and Oda doesn't want to spoil it.
    Otherwise he is a Strawhat, Luffy said it, so it's a done deal. Why this unnecessary discussion.
    This rumor was proven fake if I remember correctly. The fact is that people have different opinion on what makes an official crew member. Jinbei will be in the color spread once they will have a party in his honor. Until that happen people will continue to disagree.
    Last edited by Kdom; December 4th, 2018 at 08:58 AM.

What rumor? About Jinbes appearance?
    Ok, didn't know there was a rumor. Even if, how can the rumor be proven fake, if we haven't seen Jinbe since WCI?

What rumor? About Jinbes appearance?
    Ok, didn't know there was a rumor. Even if, how can the rumor be proven fake, if we haven't seen Jinbe since WCI?
    Sure, it could potentially happen. But what he's saying is that there is misinformation being spread that Oda in a recent interview explicitly stated that Jinbe isn't being shown due to not wanting to spoil a change to his appearance.

That is fake. The interview in question did not mention Jinbe at all.

We're sure he will be a strawhat, but he literally isn't one yet. The intro page is the clearest demonstration of this so far, Oda said "these are the strawhats" and then didn't include Jimbei.

The sad fact is that despite everything, literally nothing has changed in regards to Jimbei's crewmate status since the end of FI, almost 300 chapters ago.

Purely coincidence

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    We're sure he will be a strawhat, but he literally isn't one yet. The intro page is the clearest demonstration of this so far, Oda said "these are the strawhats" and then didn't include Jimbei.

The sad fact is that despite everything, literally nothing has changed in regards to Jimbei's crewmate status since the end of FI, almost 300 chapters ago.
    I think Jimbei's not being vulnerable to Big Mom's lifedrain as a sign of devotion to Luffy was pretty significant.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I think Jimbei's not being vulnerable to Big Mom's lifedrain as a sign of devotion to Luffy was pretty significant.
    Jimbei's devotion to Luffy has never been in question. He purposefully took a blow from Akainu to protect him.

Purely coincidence

Discovered Stowaway

Jimbei's devotion to Luffy has never been in question. He purposefully took a blow from Akainu to protect him.
    But that was before the becoming a nakama issue ever even became a thing. It's one thing to throw one's life away before even getting to know him and only as a means of paying a debt to someone else, and another to say, "I know your heart, I believe in you, and I'll sail with you as long as I live." I think the best analogy is from Suicide Squad; the scene where the Joker asks Harley if she'd die for him. That's Jimbei protecting Luffy at Marinford. Joker then asking if she'll LIVE for him, that's Jimbei being immune to Big Mom's lifedrain.

What I think people are arguing is that Jimbe doesn't receive effective treatment as a Strawhat.

It's like one of those laws in the real world that is officially valid, but nobody cares about, nobody obeys it and the entire Justice system overlooks its existence. It's just not effective.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I think the real reason why Oda has been hiding Jinbei is because he's been non-stop swimming from Whole Cake Island and is now lean and lithe.

Jinbe going from Jumba to Pleakley, I like it
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Forget about the volume cover. We still don't know the name of Tama's devil fruit.

If it ends up being "Niku Niku no mi" which uses the numbers 2 & 9, then she's joining the crew for sure.

And why "niku", you are wondering. Because the word means "flesh", or "meat" in english. Not only it fits in how she uses her abilities, by tearing off a chunk of her own flesh, it also follows the same formula of combining two numbers.

The strawhat crew devil fruits listed below in case someone forgot:

Gomu Gomu - 5 & 6
    Hitô Hitô - 1 & 10
    Hana Hana - 8 & 7
    Yomi Yomi - 4 & 3
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

But the dumplings are millet grain dango, not meat and no longer flesh. It doesn't work as a double pun unless she can make other kinds of food, which she hasn't indicated.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Literally nothing? Like literally?

Jimbei's devotion was in question forever. Even after all the events of Fishman Island and Jimbei spelled out very clearly that being captain had no allure for him people were questioning if Jimbei was willing to "lower" himself and follow Luffy. Everyone during the war was trying to protect Luffy with all they had. For many readers Jimbei was just another ally in the crowd.

Some people unconvinced of Jimbei's crew mate status only started to change their tone during Whole Cake when we found out Jimbei had a man crush on Luffy.

Luffy said he was Jimbei's captain now, in story thats enough. Oda will certainly start including him in the volume recap pages once he returns in the story. For now though leaving him out of the Straw Hat section leaves the ending to Whole Cake open and bitter sweet as it should be. They crew came up with Sanji and the Poneglyph rubbings but at what cost? Pedro and Jimbei being left behind. Jimbei being there would have probably put too much of a happy spin on that ending that Oda didn't want just yet.

Maybe at the last minute Oda figured he'd leave the crew split during Wano for a while and Jimbei returning would be the final piece to an ultimate unite up scene. Luffy's free, Jimbei's back and everyone's together for a mini celebration worthy of a new Straw Hat member.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Literally nothing? Like literally?
    If someone took volumes 67, and 91 and compared them side by side, would they be able to tell that Jimbei's status with the crew had changed even one iota? I don't think so.

Jimbei's devotion was in question forever. Even after all the events of Fishman Island and Jimbei spelled out very clearly that being captain had no allure for him people were questioning if Jimbei was willing to "lower" himself and follow Luffy. Everyone during the war was trying to protect Luffy with all they had. For many readers Jimbei was just another ally in the crowd.
    Lolwut? Jimbei makes so many absolutist statements of loyalty towards Luffy that it actually became a running joke for the characters in the manga. And Jimbei was the only one standing by Luffy when he grieved for his brother. He's the one who put Luffy's psyche back together. They didn't have to think for sure that he would join, but anyone who thought Jimbei was "just another ally in the crowd" clearly has no reading comprehension.

Purely coincidence

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I think Tama's fruit name will go along with taming.
    by this point I'm pretty sure Viz is gonna call it Tame Tame Fruit.

People still holding out on a girl with no self-defense capabilities.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information