+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1856

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Jinbe was in fact that obvious, go back to the very earliest theories and reasonings put forward on him (including being name dropped 10 years in advance) but Oda obviously handled him in a way that made it unclear. But the side defending him was pretty solid from early on, in some cases before he even appeared on camera.

I think had Jinbe looked like a lean token badass, or even just more like he looked in his flashback with the slicked back spiky hair and thinner goatee, there would have been less debate about him... but instead he was a fat, weird looking dude with a very toned down personality.

ANd people argued against Franky and Brook at the time. Franky because he was TOO weird, (compared to Paulie...) and Brook because it was so sudden after Franky and seemed like a Red herring. "If he's the next guy why has he gone missing for 15 chapters?" being the biggie at the time, and the Laboon reveal having not happened yet..
    I was convinced about Jimbei way before most people were but with Oda's repeated teasing and taking him away again and again, I'm just keeping him out of examples til he stays around for good. I was convinced about Franky during his fight with Nero on top of the train car. As for Brook, I hesitated once I saw him using a sword but Oda went there, so now I don't know about that kind of thing with other candidates.

Ideally the arc right after Wano. But mostly when Luffy goes through the path that will differentiate him from every other emperor/pirate that has attempted to acquire One Piece.

Right now, Luffy is catching up to the point where you are a great pirate /emperor, something that will probably finalize during his meeting with Shanks. The story after that, after the "4 emperors arc/saga" before "Raftel arc". I would also imagine before Elbaf.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

If BB ends up with a legitimate 10th titan (not Aokiji), then I think it makes sense for the SHs to get a 10th for the clear one to one match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    uh, I never said the opposite, but in real life interviews, the usage of the word 'nakamas' by Eiichiro Oda is not the same as Luffy uses it in the series.
    Only it has been. Nakama was never used in a different context.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    There is no such thing as "it was already clarified he was talking about the Grand Fleet". That's the kind of thing that starts in the fandom as a possible explanation and then evolves into some sort of fact based solely on repetition and imposition.

"Maybe when he said that he was talking about the Grand Fleet..." -> "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Grand Fleet" -> "He was talking about the Grand Fleet, move on" -> "Seriously? We all know for a long time that was about the Grand Fleet!"

The logic just keeps moving along that line despite never actually getting any sort of actual support, just airs of fact as people just keep spreading it without questioning.
    Oda could be talking about the GF, or not. We don't know. Anyone stating their stance on this matter as a fact is being disingenuous.

As for the word "nakama", the interview was not even in japanese. Here is the original: https://www.chinatimes.com/newspaper...3000880-260102

The line in question (in case anyone knows chinese and wants to give it a try):
    Given the timing of the quote, and how long ago it happened, it is in fact fair to attribute it to the grand fleet at this point, the same way "Luffy is going to be joined by a former boss" was clearly talking about the Impel Down crew.

Sure, down the line we could end up getting two characters back to back, and one of them a villain, but... it IS a fair assessment at this point to assume when Oda was hyping a near future event... he was hyping something that was going to happen within the next five years.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

For me there is going to be one last adventure using the log pose. I would find it appropriate for the last member being introduced/part of that adventure.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

So you guys say the Vivre card numbers are bull and everyone we know in Wano is a No no member too? Any suggestions who we might meet that has that lasting impression on Luffy?

I'm going for the person in the prison. Luffy is already there and the sooner we get the new SH the better.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I'm going for the person in the prison. Luffy is already there and the sooner we get the new SH the better.
    Bone Spitter is about the only remaining character with any potential of those we've met, but it's probably not him. I don't think Oda would introduce two crew in a row that were both just sitting in jail waiting for Luffy to break them out.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Bone Spitter is about the only remaining character with any potential of those we've met, but it's probably not him. I don't think Oda would introduce two crew in a row that were both just sitting in jail waiting for Luffy to break them out.
    Well I wouldn't take this one as point against bone spitter, if he has chances at all, joining.

If we are honest Nami and Robin had similar getting into the crew stories as well.

Plus Jinbe being freed from prison might have been the start but for sure isn't the core of his joining story.

But I agree that bone spitter is the last person with chances in Wano... And well maybe Kamazou and WHB... But I think they will be retainers

Not sure how completely unknown character can look like credible straw hat. Even the grand fleet was formed way before him.

I have a question.
    A while ago maybe even a few years, there was an interview with Oda where he said something about a person with an eyepatch or something.
    Could somebody please explain to me what was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    I have a question.
    A while ago maybe even a few years, there was an interview with Oda where he said something about a person with an eyepatch or something.

"In the final scenes of ONE PIECE, there will be a pirate who appears with an eye patch. One Para (2007)"

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    I have a question.
    Oda has said a few times why he doesn't have typical pirates. With peg legs, parrots, hook hands, dagger in the teeth, eye patches, etc. So he just gives out one of those in the series. Zeff gets the peg leg, Zoro gets the dagger in teeth, Crocodile gets the hook, and the eye patch is for....

From the 10th anniversary treasure
    Indeed, a pirate. Very easy to understand, but if you take off the eye patch, there's a big difference to one with, and one without (the one without looks like a normal middle-aged man). So then, that means, eye patch = pirate. It’s just like, afro = champion type thing... so have you noticed yet? Well, you probably haven’t. That in One Piece, there has not been one single pirate with an eye patch! ... yes i know, who cares right? But this is my secret "behind the scenes policy". It’s not like every pirate has an eye patch!!! ... right? You can totally draw pirates without an eye patch!!!!

And with that thought in mind it all began; the story of a normal looking boy's pirate story.

I thought, if there's an image in everyone's head about what a pirate is, then I thought I would write/draw about the process of the boy getting there. But its not like I dislike eye patches, so in the final scenes of One Piece, there is one pirate who appears with an eye patch

I'm itching to draw this character.
    People generally assume eye patch will either be end game Blackbeard, or post-series Luffy.

Ah, okay. Thank you!

I've been nursing a wild crack theory that "Eye Patch" might end up being Vivi should the fallout from the Reverie send her back to the Strawhats, but I freely admit that's it's based on very little.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

I still don't agree with the "we need a crewmate before the end of Wano", I mean I totally get why people think that but knowing Oda it will probably be some random island we've never heard of before that just happens to pop up for story line reasons, basically another Drum Island arc

that's what I'd put my money on

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

To be fair, Zoro was also in a more or less very similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    For me there is going to be one last adventure using the log pose. I would find it appropriate for the last member being introduced/part of that adventure.
    Wow, I completely forgot that thing existed. Kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Wow, I completely forgot that thing existed. Kinda sad.
    It is something that could be easily dropped. But according to the conversation between Dog and Nami, she was told by Crocus to follow the Log Pose until the end. At that place they would learn about Raftel and the Poneglyphs. Dog also mentioned that their trip to that island had become redundant given that they already know about the Road Poneglyphs, Raftel, etc.

Considering that the crew has for the most part ignored the log pose and traveled according to the needs of others through Eternal Logs, and that the trip to the end of the pose has become redundant, we could easily discard the need to visit that island. However, I prefer/choose not to. I think that the island will be important regardless. Mostly because of the culture and the people living there.

For whom lives there, my first guess is The Three Eyed Tribe. As we learned in WCI their connection to the Poneglyphs, or at least the trip to become Pirate King has been established through Pudding, whom is not a "pure blood". They give the vibe of being secluded and mostly chased because of their ability. Them living at the end of the Grand Line grants some sort of protection from most pirates. The other protection they might receive would be from none other than Shanks. I think their island/the last island of the log pose are within his territory.

I guess, you could say I have an inclination towards the last crew member being part of this tribe. Now, how much will such a character overlap with Robin's mission cannot really be debated yet as we do not know the specifics of their special ability. But I like to think that their expertise will complement one another.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway

I had forgot about bone spitter/thrower/whatever, but I'm not sure whether the ninja they mentioned in Ebisu Town is someone we've already met and they just didn't mention them by name, otherwise I'd think they might be the best candidate for the job. They're doing what Shutenmaru was alleged to have been doing but for unselfish reasons, more like a true Robin Hood than a mere self-serving bandit. I admit I'm biased since I think at this point only a master ninja would have a skill set that differentiates itself enough from what everyone else is capable of to really be worth including on the crew.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information