+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93
Results 1,841 to 1,856 of 1856

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

  1. #1841

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Mars View Post
    Jinbe joined in Whole Cake Island and he wasn't even in the beginning, over a quarter of the arc. Since Jinbe had already interacted with the crew in previous arcs, there was less need for focus on him in contrast to previous crew mates. Same could easily apply to Carrot.
    He didn't join in Whole Cake Island though.

    He was officially asked to join in Fishmen Island arc. Oda had already planted evidence for him joining way before that moment. Especially his interaction with Luffy.

    Carrot has had *none* of that ever since she was introduced.

    Jinbe had already interacted with the crew in previous arcs, there was less need to focus on him in contrast to previous crew mates.
    Uhhh yea because Jinbei already had moments and screentime to be established before Luffy officially asked him. He *was* already a member when he appeared in WCI.

    Carrot is not a member nor has received any level of attention to warrant anything you are saying aside from again relying on the "we don't know yet" argument which is piss-poor to say the least.

    Momonosuke
    You mean the character who will be killed on sight if Kaidou pirates found him? You mean the sole survivor of Kouzuki clan who just like SH's is keeping a low-profile until things are setup? Do you even understand Momo's role in this arc?

    Carrot is NOT Momo. Relying on what Momo is doing or what he is not doing isn't going to make the argument for Carrot joining any less piss-poor.

  2. #1842

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    the arc is not really in a "who is next cremate mode" right now. Given the number of characters involved it's no wonder Carrot has not beennthe center of attention. When the minks will start to play a role ( traitor, full moon...) it will probably be different
    Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. We also know Pedro's prophetic words about "The Dawn" and how that's relevant to the Mink tribe will be explored at some point. Oda's still doing a lot of arc setup, I just don't agree with people in this thread tripping over themselves as if the Minks will be background characters the whole arc just because they are at the moment.

  3. #1843

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Nobody is saying that Minks won't play a part in this arc.

    Just that Carrot is NOT going to be the center of it nor will she be joining the crew.

    You people ought to understand the opposing argument and stop resorting to these strawman games.

  4. #1844

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Nobody is saying that Minks won't play a part in this arc.

    Just that Carrot is NOT going to be the center of it nor will she be joining the crew.

    You people ought to understand the opposing argument and stop resorting to these strawman games.
    Actually, it's your argument that's completely unreasonable. You acknowledge that the Minks will, in the future, play a part in this arc but completely writing off Carrot any and all potential for Carrot to step front and center in this arc at a later date.

    I'm not saying Carrot is joining, just that we shouldn't outright write her off right now just because she's not front and center in the arc currently. Just like the Minks aren't and neither is Momo at the present junction.

  5. #1845

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Yeah, it always astounds me how people can talk in absolutes regarding the future of a series no one knows about.

    Everything so far in Wano is going against Carrot. Taking it as a hint she is not going to join is the most logical conclusion at the moment, but seeing it as a definite fact, pretend to have some secret deep knowledge and go "this is going/not going to happen" makes one sound foolish.

    Particularly in a case like this that could change abruptly and unnexpectedly. I mean, Carrot was like just Wanda's shadow in Zou and then, surprise, guess who is on the Sunny? Not Wanda! And just like that Carrot was promoted to member of the main cast for a whole 80-chapter arc.

    Rival Mars made a very good point with Momonosuke, a character who we know will be one of the center names of this arc and so far is background character at best. So we know there will be plenty of time and occasion to develop and focus on whoever Oda wants before Wano ends.
    I would argue Carrot is a different case because, if she was really going to join, Oda should be actively trying to sell her at every opportunity just like he was with Jinbe in WCI. But, who knows? Things could change in a snap. Imagine she spotting Chopper's group on their way out of Kuri and deciding to follow them... one page and she would be deeply involved in the plot again.

  6. #1846

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Well, do you know for sure that Oda will release chapter 934 next week? Maybe he will just jump to chapter 2000 or maybe he will just not release anything, cancel the series and go off on a vacation.

    Hell, how do you even know that Minks will play a major part in Wano? Do YOU know the future? If not then how can you claim that will happen? Maybe Kaidou will suddenly die while being drunk. Maybe Luffy will reveal that he was Im sama all along and will kill the SH's and everyone on Wano.

    Certainly nobody really knows what is going to happen. Because storytelling is defined by unpredictability!

  7. #1847

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Well, do you know for sure that Oda will release chapter 934 next week? Maybe he will just jump to chapter 2000 or maybe he will just not release anything, cancel the series and go off on a vacation.

    Hell, how do you even know that Minks will play a major part in Wano? Do YOU know the future? If not then how can you claim that will happen? Maybe Kaidou will suddenly die while being drunk. Maybe Luffy will reveal that he was Im sama all along and will kill the SH's and everyone on Wano.

    Certainly nobody really knows what is going to happen. Because storytelling is defined by unpredictability!
    Are you okay? Maybe you should log out for a while.

  8. #1848

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Well, do you know for sure that Oda will release chapter 934 next week? Maybe he will just jump to chapter 2000 or maybe he will just not release anything, cancel the series and go off on a vacation.

    Hell, how do you even know that Minks will play a major part in Wano? Do YOU know the future? If not then how can you claim that will happen? Maybe Kaidou will suddenly die while being drunk. Maybe Luffy will reveal that he was Im sama all along and will kill the SH's and everyone on Wano.

    Certainly nobody really knows what is going to happen. Because storytelling is defined by unpredictability!
    or maybe your argument is completely invalid so you have to rely to such idiotic posts

  9. #1849

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    I mean Carrot hasn't joined nor Oda has given any shits about her character ever since Wano started. But yes, my argument is completely invalid. Because that's how logic usually works. At least with Orojackians like you.

  10. #1850
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    All right, all right. Before it gets any uglier, I thinks it should be accepted that everyone here is speaking from opinion, even when we use emphatic words like "won't" and "will". The important thing is to just keep explaining our reasons. No more calling those opinions idiotic or...what was that, Orojackian? Just because we disagree.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  11. #1851

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Wanda got her panel time in Zou arc, Carrot and Pedro got theirs in WCI. I hope its time for Sicillian to get some extra shine in Wano.

  12. #1852

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    If we are going to give screen time to a neglected mink, Oda better bring back Pekoms and make up for his underwhelming role in WCI.

    It kinda pisses me off that even now we were teased with both Pekoms' Sulong and DF but never got a clear look at neither.

  13. #1853
    Stowaway w/ 17k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    But the anime showed the form... Lol

  14. #1854

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    If we are going to give screen time to a neglected mink, Oda better bring back Pekoms and make up for his underwhelming role in WCI.

    It kinda pisses me off that even now we were teased with both Pekoms' Sulong and DF but never got a clear look at neither.
    Don't worry we'll see a lot more of him once he joins.

  15. #1855
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Don't worry we'll see a lot more of him once he joins.
    Pekomz cant join Luffy, Its Luffy who must join him.








  16. #1856
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Nobody is saying that Minks won't play a part in this arc.

    Just that Carrot is NOT going to be the center of it nor will she be joining the crew.

    You people ought to understand the opposing argument and stop resorting to these strawman games.
    You remind me of me when I first started arguing this topic (we appear to be in agreement as far as Carrot's chances). I still don't think Carrot is joining for the simple reason that there's nothing special she brings that none of the Straw Hats can do. I wish I still had the passion to argue but it feels like there's no point continuing. I'm surprisd anyone is still doing it, what with how the arc is progressing and Carrot is of zero significance whatsoever.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts