+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 1944

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post

Spoiler:
    I still think a full fight between Usopp and Van Augur would be the most impressive final fight Usopp could have. I already got my fill of Usopp getting pummeled to near death and finding a way to bounce back when he fought Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas. And every opponent Usopp fights is an overconfident braggart, so Burgess being the umpteenth antagonist to get humbled wouldn't really do much for me.

If I you'll bear with me retrospecting real quick, every battle Usopp has had thus far has been against people who would obliterate him in some way if they made contact with him. Whether it's Chew's Fishman strength, Mr. 4's bat, Perona's exploding ghosts, Sugar's toy transformation touch, the answer is always the same process with different factors. Make some distance, stall the enemy with some distractions or attacks that seem like they will work but don't, epically tank hits, and snipe the hell out of the opponent for a finishing move (Chew is an exception since that was before Usopp's artillery was more than gags and while the final blow on Perona was technically the 4ton hammer feint, the battle was over as soon as she got hit by the roach ball).

So fighting Burgess, who would basically be a stronger Chew, probably only adds another example to that list. The David and Goliath angle for Usopp fights have been done to death, and we will probably LITERALLY get that in some way at Elbaf (we still have yet to see how the "beating ten giant's shadows" lie will come true), so having Usopp fight Burgess will feel a tad bit redundant. And as freaking awesome as Martin's idea sounds (and it really is freaking awesome), the Dials have been left untouched for so long that it's hard for me to see Oda ever acknowledging them again.

A sniper duel might seem like Usopp's comfort zone, but I actually argue it is the exact opposite. Why? Because Usopp has NEVER fought another marksman. Not even once. Whole Cake Island had at least four marksmen in that arc (Vito's monster Zoan guns that we never got to see, Mont-d'Or had a rifle, Opera almost killed Luffy and Nami in the book prison with a crossbow instead of his burning cream Devil Fruit for some reason, and remember Katakuri flicked a couple terminal velocity jellybeans at the wedding and never did it again?) but, oh so conveniently, Usopp was never there to counter them. The closest marksman v. marksman match we've got so far thing we got was that Loguetown pseudo-canon story with Daddy the Father, but that was only Usopp performing a test under pressure.

Oda will have a guy with a freaking stone golem Devil Fruit whip out a sword against Zoro for a few seconds to preserve his arbitrary streak of Zoro only having full fights against swordsman (and a couple arc villains too weak for Luffy), but Oda is mysteriously allergic to making Usopp fight anyone who fights like him. The only explanations for this I can possibly conjure up are that he isn't all that interested ranged weapon fights, doesn't feel he's creative enough to make them look varied, and/or he thinks Usopp fighting Van Augur would look less special if Usopp fought a guy good with guns beforehand.

And that is where the appeal is. Usopp, for once in his life, has to fight someone like him. Not a hunkering brute or a bratty girl with a broken Devil Fruit, but someone who may very well be as cunning as he is. I think people are only focusing on the aspect of Usopp meeting his match in long-ranged combat and not enough on how strategic he could be. Usopp never wins by solely using his sniping skills as a crutch, he wins through mind games. Stealth, pranks, gadgets, traps, Usopp has always been more of an overall strategist than solely a sniper like how Zoro only relies on swords.

Do you think this battle is just going to be Usopp and Van Augur on two different sides of an island shooting at each other until one of them makes a lucky shot? I can never imagine a writer as quirky as Oda settle for something that monotonous and grounded. Well, except for Zoro. Every fight he has comes down to sword clash after sword clash until Zoro finally closes out the fight with a first and final slash.

So here's my idea on how it could all go down, which I'm spoiling for the sake of length moderation:

Spoiler:
    Usopp has triumphed through all of his battles by making distance and getting in a good shot. That's how Augur operates too, and it's likely that he'll be a counter to Usopp in every way.

So how about forcing Usopp to fight the other way around? Instead of winning from AFAR, what if he has to beat Augur UP-CLOSE?

What if Augur is so damn good at sniping/reacting, and his bullets can easily crush anything Usopp launches at him, that Usopp needs to constantly find ways to fool Augur into unknowingly creating openings for Usopp to eventually get the jump on him? Like Usopp tricking Augur into giving away his location, diverting Augur's attention to inch closer and closer to his where he is, and baiting Augur into coming closer to him? If you ask me, having a fight where Usopp needs to risk getting up close and personal with an opponent to land the winning blow while said opponent can still fight back is the perfect way to show him becoming a true "brave warrior of the sea."

As aforementioned, Usopp does not win his battles through sniping. He wins through mind games. Think of all the tense wacky scenarios Oda can come up for having Usopp and Augur one-upping each other through sheer BSing. It could even go as far as being a gag version of the psychological warfare in Hunter x Hunter's fights. Along with a side dish of Usopp tanking a bunch of bullet wounds because Oda's never going to resist having Usopp getting throttled like a terrified rag doll but rising back up to the occasion like a badass.

And we don't even know if Augur has a Devil Fruit yet! That alone can add so much more spice to this scenario.

This is why I can't ever agree with a sniper duel being Usopp's "comfort zone" or pitting him against a literal Hulk Hogan being the best scenario. It's the exact opposite. It strips him of a skill that defines him which every other enemy had to work around to try beating him, and flips the tables. It begs the question that when you peel away Usopp being the best, no, the only sniper around, what does he have left to fall back on? Who is Usopp if he is not Usopp the Sniper King? The answer to those questions is simple.

He is Usopp the Liar. That's the very first impression we and Luffy have of the guy before we even get an inkling that he's good with a slingshot. That is the cornerstone of Usopp's characterization, capabilities, and overall appeals. Not the sniping, a ship role that Usopp only got after his introductory arc ended like an afterthought. And that is the key ingredient that can make him overcome Augur, which would be all the more impressive if Augur has both superb sniping skill AND a Devil Fruit.

Usopp will learn what it feels to fight himself. The tables will turn on him, and he will have to feel like how all of his previous opponents felt: having no choice but to go on the offensive against an annoying, tactical coward. Except that is not what Usopp is used to. Operating on the prowl to seize prey is not his specialty because he is only skilled in hiding and attacking from a distance as the prey. And that is where the compelling tension comes in, as this is Usopp truly fighting outside of his comfort zone. This is why Usopp's final fight focusing around having to out-Usopp a dark Usopp is the most compelling way to round out his string of conflicts thus far in an ironic full circle way. And while I don't know if Oda will go this deep with it, it's also kind of a way for Usopp to confront the type of person he used to be and prove that he's become more than that. A brave warrior of the sea like he always dreamed of.

I know a lot of this is still purely a theory on my part. But think about this. How much do you want to bet that the final moments in this duel are going to be Usopp and Augur quick drawing each other like a western movie's high noon showdown between a sheriff and outlaw? Oda is ADDICTED to having his fights end with clashes where only the stronger/faster person wins. It's how he effectively shows who is the stronger brawler/swordsman. It happened as recently as Luffy vs. Katakuri. So considering how these guys are both used to fighting at long-range, it's not much of a stretch to suggest that the fight will mostly be a competition of who can get the drop who faster/stealthier until the inevitable final cowboy quickdraw contest.

But for the sake of the current discussion, if Usopp's final fight has him landing a blow on a Blackbeard Pirate with an Impact Dial blast (which, again, I admit does sound really freaking awesome), I think it's actually more meaningful to have that happen to Augur than Burgess. It won't be as impressive on the surface, sure (although smaller/scrawnier characters in One Piece obliterating bigger opponents with one hit are a dime a dozen so that's absolutely nothing new). But it's the perfect way to cement what separates Usopp from Augur. Usopp, the Straw Hat Pirates' sniper, always gets back up to defend his friend's dreams. Augur, the Blackbeard Pirates' sniper, cannot. Hell, imagine if Augur never even gets majorly injured in the fight until that moment too, implying that he has only dished out the hurt all his life but has never been able to take it like Usopp does time and time again as a testament to the latter's most charismatic moments. THAT is how Usopp can prove he is both a brave warrior of the sea and the one-and-true sniper king in one fell swoop. I doubt that will happen considering how irrelevant the Dials are, like I said earlier. But imagining it makes me feel positively giddy.

I do enjoy this scenario as well. Come to think of it, I really didn't think of your point on the past villains Usopp has faced off against until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I'm honestly not expecting anymore fights after the Black Beard vs Straw Hats

BB vs Luffy will be the final confrontation to decide the Pirate King, and then will have the epilogue (which will probs last a good amount of time)

I just wonder if at the end the straw hats will remain a crew or if they will split up and live there lives separate, I'd really like it if the crew stays together and decides that now that there the pirate kings crew they can go anywhere and do anything since Luffy's always assumed that meant being the most free

I'd rather that then them going there respective ways (Zoro a bounty hunter again, Nami to her village, Usopp a peaceful life with his girl, Sanji on the All Blue with Pudding, Chopper with the Minks, Robin always moving trying to find new ponygelphs or with the revolutionaries, Franky back with his family, Brook with Laboon, Jinbei on Fishman island etc.)
    Misses the point of having the final war after One Piece is found, a point Whitebeard stressed in his last speech.
    BB is incredibly important, we know, but people tend to see their own narrative as factual when there are several points that need to be addressed in a satisfying manner for that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Misses the point of having the final war after One Piece is found, a point Whitebeard stressed in his last speech.
    BB is incredibly important, we know, but people tend to see their own narrative as factual when there are several points that need to be addressed in a satisfying manner for that to work.
    Your completely missunderstanding me, I wasn't talking about a one on one match at Rafael to decide who the pirate king lol
    like many people have said before both Straw hats and BB pirates will get to Rafael and the war after they get out, (which will involve a war with the entire world, both sides of the Marines, the countries we've visited the revolutionaries, all the ancient weapons etc.) and in that final war after the last battle. Between Luffy and BB will decide who the real pirate king is and who's version of what it means to be a pirate king also

I just realized that the last time Oda did that climax fight-o-rama like Alabasta and Enies Lobby was fucking Fishman Island.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

You could say Dressrosa had that, but with the future Straw Hat Grand Fleet stealing the spotloght there and there and half of the crew being out to their to Zou, it just not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Do all Fishmen have fangs?
    Not Hachi, Kuroobi and Chuu as far as I know.

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I just realized that the last time Oda did that climax fight-o-rama like Alabasta and Enies Lobby was fucking Fishman Island.

You could say Dressrosa had that, but with the future Straw Hat Grand Fleet stealing the spotloght there and there and half of the crew being out to their to Zou, it just not the same thing.

Not Hachi, Kuroobi and Chuu as far as I know.
    I Know people here aren't as a big of fans of the all straw hats get a one v one in an arc cause they say it slows it down to much

But I'm really hoping that it happens in Wano, cause I'm itching for some good fights!

I Know people here aren't as a big of fans of the all straw hats get a one v one in an arc cause they say it slows it down to much

But I'm really hoping that it happens in Wano, cause I'm itching for some good fights!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

To be honest, I love the fight-o-rama parts. Alabasta and Enies Lobby were some of my favourite arc because of those parts. And it really is a way to bring the crew into the spotlight and make them grow. I really miss those kind of sequences in recent arcs. Dressrosa was ok, because they showcased the fleet characters, and fights only lasted one chapter. But Fishman Island was a serious disappointment for me because of Nami and Robin not having a 1 x 1. That was terrible. Tag team them together, like Jinbe and Sanji, or something. But leaving them out was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    To be honest, I love the fight-o-rama parts. Alabasta and Enies Lobby were some of my favourite arc because of those parts. And it really is a way to bring the crew into the spotlight and make them grow. I really miss those kind of sequences in recent arcs. Dressrosa was ok, because they showcased the fleet characters, and fights only lasted one chapter. But Fishman Island was a serious disappointment for me because of Nami and Robin not having a 1 x 1. That was terrible. Tag team them together, like Jinbe and Sanji, or something. But leaving them out was sad.
    I agree with everything you said here

Really hoping that Wano is one of those arcs

Your completely missunderstanding me, I wasn't talking about a one on one match at Rafael to decide who the pirate king lol
    like many people have said before both Straw hats and BB pirates will get to Rafael and the war after they get out, (which will involve a war with the entire world, both sides of the Marines, the countries we've visited the revolutionaries, all the ancient weapons etc.) and in that final war after the last battle. Between Luffy and BB will decide who the real pirate king is and who's version of what it means to be a pirate king also
    I did understand it, and i know it might seem pointless to discuss this at this point since we are both guessing, but if we really believe WB and take it somewhat literal, which makes sense or not depending on your viewpoint (for me it does), the war, at least the major events, will have the OP being found as catalyst, which in turn is pretty much the only requisite to becoming Pirate King.
    Oda kind of tries to sneak in "beating the Yonkou and Admirals" in there but that´s never really part of it. Roger never beat Big Mom, probably neither Whitebeard, still was considered Pirate King for being the only guy reaching Raftel.
    So just following this logic, just to make it really basic, find Raftel and One Piece -> become PK -> world engulfing war.
    The war might be already on, considering the Revos movement and the declaration Im and the Gorosei made, quite likely, but there is no doubt at all that the Strawhats will be part of it, especially with the "carrying hundred of years on their backs" thing that WB pointed out, which obviously is referring to Luffy.
    Which brings the problem, will BB be an opponent before or after Luffy finds the One Piece, which he will do and has to do to achieve his dream, since anybody else doing that and Luffy beating them does not make him Pirate King, not how it works.
    If after, well BB not being part of the struggle for the throne in any shape or form is nonsense really.
    If before, how is Oda going to incorporate BB in the war in a satisfying manner, still make him an immense threat, despite Luffy having beaten him.

The only possible scenario i can imagine right now, and admittedly i am somewhat limited in my creativity, is that either Luffy beats BB but BB finds something/gets a new power (like for example an ancient weapon like many suggested, heck it´s not unlikely that each side will have one) that will make him relevant again, or both actually find Raftel, so really qualify as Pirate Kings, and then fight, which in turn still begs the question, how Luffy is going to face the World Government despite a immensely hard fight against BB.

Those are the problems i referred to before, which Oda has to find or already has found a solution for.

I did understand it, and i know it might seem pointless to discuss this at this point since we are both guessing, but if we really believe WB and take it somewhat literal, which makes sense or not depending on your viewpoint (for me it does), the war, at least the major events, will have the OP being found as catalyst, which in turn is pretty much the only requisite to becoming Pirate King.
    Oda kind of tries to sneak in "beating the Yonkou and Admirals" in there but that´s never really part of it. Roger never beat Big Mom, probably neither Whitebeard, still was considered Pirate King for being the only guy reaching Raftel.
    So just following this logic, just to make it really basic, find Raftel and One Piece -> become PK -> world engulfing war.
    The war might be already on, considering the Revos movement and the declaration Im and the Gorosei made, quite likely, but there is no doubt at all that the Strawhats will be part of it, especially with the "carrying hundred of years on their backs" thing that WB pointed out, which obviously is referring to Luffy.
    Which brings the problem, will BB be an opponent before or after Luffy finds the One Piece, which he will do and has to do to achieve his dream, since anybody else doing that and Luffy beating them does not make him Pirate King, not how it works.
    If after, well BB not being part of the struggle for the throne in any shape or form is nonsense really.
    If before, how is Oda going to incorporate BB in the war in a satisfying manner, still make him an immense threat, despite Luffy having beaten him.

The only possible scenario i can imagine right now, and admittedly i am somewhat limited in my creativity, is that either Luffy beats BB but BB finds something/gets a new power (like for example an ancient weapon like many suggested, heck it´s not unlikely that each side will have one) that will make him relevant again, or both actually find Raftel, so really qualify as Pirate Kings, and then fight, which in turn still begs the question, how Luffy is going to face the World Government despite a immensely hard fight against BB.

Those are the problems i referred to before, which Oda has to find or already has found a solution for.
    Okay I got what your saying now

You make some good points..... I honestly have no idea the answer Oda will come up with, which honestly just excites me even more for the future of One Piece

Seriously every time I think about what Oda will do in the future just makes me want to build a time machine go to the future and read it all in one sitting

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I don't expect much from BoneSpitter's design now that he's been revealed to be a red scabby, and him being so, it much likely rules him out from chances of a candidature here.
    Komazo is now more likely Denjirou and Witching Hour Boy cannot be other than Meadows.

So is now officially a no nakama arc.

the war, at least the major events, will have the OP being found as catalyst, which in turn is pretty much the only requisite to becoming Pirate King.
    We don't really know that. Oda has been pretty vague about exactly what constitutes as someone being recognized as a PK.

I mean in chapter 506, Ray mentions that Roger pirates "conquered" all of grand-line and only then did Roger started being recognized as PK. But "conquering" is still vague as we don't know exactly what that means. And we know for sure that Roger didn't receive any badge or paper that says, "congrats! You are now the PK". Only that the people started calling him that.

If it's like you are saying then how come there isn't any mention of this giant war that must've been triggered when Roger found Raftel and OP? So this indicates that simply finding Raftel and OP wouldn't trigger the war. There HAS to be some kind of a "trigger" or some event or some action from the SH's that will trigger it.

You are the only one who is obsessed with the actual title of PK. Luffy himself doesn't care about the title itself but what, according to him, that title represents which is total freedom which can be achieved AFTER the war.

You are trying really hard to make BB seem like some pawn that Luffy will defeat before the war but forget the fact that the war will be caused by the revelation on Raftel which as we know so far relates to the ancient kingdom and D clan. If you remember BB is ALSO part of the D clan and he likes to study history......Pretty damn obvious that Blackbeard is being built up as a prominent player in the final war then the small villain that you are making him into.

No way in hell Oda is going to make the final fight of the entire series to be against some random yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    We don't really know that. Oda has been pretty vague about exactly what constitutes as someone being recognized as a PK.

I mean in chapter 506, Ray mentions that Roger pirates "conquered" all of grand-line and only then did Roger started being recognized as PK. But "conquering" is still vague as we don't know exactly what that means. And we know for sure that Roger didn't receive any badge or paper that says, "congrats! You are now the PK". Only that the people started calling him that.

If it's like you are saying then how come there isn't any mention of this giant war that must've been triggered when Roger found Raftel and OP? So this indicates that simply finding Raftel and OP wouldn't trigger the war. There HAS to be some kind of a "trigger" or some event or some action from the SH's that will trigger it.

You are the only one who is obsessed with the actual title of PK. Luffy himself doesn't care about the title itself but what, according to him, that title represents which is total freedom which can be achieved AFTER the war.

You are trying really hard to make BB seem like some pawn that Luffy will defeat before the war but forget the fact that the war will be caused by the revelation on Raftel which as we know so far relates to the ancient kingdom and D clan. If you remember BB is ALSO part of the D clan and he likes to study history......Pretty damn obvious that Blackbeard is being built up as a prominent player in the final war then the small villain that you are making him into.

No way in hell Oda is going to make the final fight of the entire series to be against some random yahoo.
    It means being the only one to have seen the Grand Line in its totality, it has been made pretty clear.
    We do know Roger did not have territories, we do know he made no significant allies and so forth.
    Dude has gathered the majority if not all Poneglyphs, or rather their content, and brought it to Raftel.

That´s obviously going to be dealt with, the reason why Roger was not able accomplish anything by himself or what conclusions they drew after having learned the true history.
    But once again, it has been made clear that there were circumstances and Roger wanted to accomplish something and was not able to.
    Crocus said the Strawhats might be the pirates he and Roger were waiting for, Rayleigh pretty much groomed Luffy towards a certain end, Whitebeard pretty much articulated Roger is waiting for someone to inherit his will, and specifically pointed out that Blackbeard is not the guy Roger is waiting for despite also having the D middle name. And it´s certainly not finding One Piece in of itself, since Roger already did that, but it is something beyond.
    And the "carrying hundreds of years on their back and challenge the whole world to a war" is pretty clear on that as well.

"Luffy himself does not care about the title", your entire post lost any legitimacy after this statement, just stop.

Blackbeard is not the guy Roger is waiting for despite also having the D middle name. And it´s certainly not finding One Piece in of itself, since Roger already did that, but it is something beyond.
    And the "carrying hundreds of years on their back and challenge the whole world to a war" is pretty clear on that as well.
    Pretty sure Whitebeard is referring to the fact that Roger was a "good" D and is waiting for someone like him rather than someone like Blackbeard who is evil and will use OP or the knowledge for something evil.

We already know that the historical aspect isn't black and white as Ray quite literally told Robin that she and SH's might come to a different conclusion after they have seen the entire world. Combine with the fact that ancient kingdom built three weapons of mass destruction that can destroy the world. Not everyone in D clan is a "good" guy. Hence why Whitebeard is talking about "who" Roger is waiting for; someone who represents the good D. While Blackbeard represents the "evil" D.

"Luffy himself does not care about the title", your entire post lost any legitimacy after this statement, just stop.
    Read the text, my dude.

Luffy isn't interested in conquering or whatever. His goal is to have freedom. That's where the title comes in. The title just by itself doesn't mean much to Luffy. He doesn't care if people call him PK or not. He simply wants to become the king to achieve freedom. That's why his goal cannot be achieved simply by going to Raftel and uncovering OP. It will happen after the war.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Pretty sure Whitebeard is referring to the fact that Roger was a "good" D and is waiting for someone like him rather than someone like Blackbeard who is evil and will use OP or the knowledge for something evil.

We already know that the historical aspect isn't black and white as Ray quite literally told Robin that she and SH's might come to a different conclusion after they have seen the entire world. Combine with the fact that ancient kingdom built three weapons of mass destruction that can destroy the world. Not everyone in D clan is a "good" guy. Hence why Whitebeard is talking about "who" Roger is waiting for; someone who represents the good D. While Blackbeard represents the "evil" D.

Read the text, my dude.

Luffy isn't interested in conquering or whatever. His goal is to have freedom. That's where the title comes in. The title just by itself doesn't mean much to Luffy. He doesn't care if people call him PK or not. He simply wants to become the king to achieve freedom. That's why his goal cannot be achieved simply by going to Raftel and uncovering OP. It will happen after the war.
    Pretty sure does not cut it. It has been mentioned several times Roger is waiting for someone, heck you can see the entire Great Pirate Era as his legacy to inspire people to follow his footsteps, even Usopp came to that idea.
    And how and why Roger did what he did, and then retired, got together with Rouge and so on, instead of acting on what he found out, that is obvious from a narrative standpoint we will learn about once we also learn about the truth.
    As far as i am concerned, Roger might even seen himself as the one who prepares for the guy who will change the world.
    Like for example, we do know that the Rio Poneglyph is simply the accumulation of all the texts of the Poneglyph with information on them.
    Well obviously, somebody had to gather all the texts and bring them to Raftel, just like Roger stated he did with the Poneglyph on Skypeia.
    Well, we also know that Roger, in 800 years, is the only dude who has managed to get there, and at this point at least, we have no reason to doubt that statement, so he obviously had to do it.
    And if you look at that how long he took to reach Raftel (Brook stated Roger was a rookie 50 years ago pre-TS, 22 years ago he became Pirate King, so that´s a journey of 28 years, compare that to the three years Luffy will take, if we include the training span of 2 years in it), it becomes pretty plausible that´s what he did.

Of course, but only one organization has come out as leader of the world 800 years ago, and has since shaped the world to their liking.
    BB being the same in some points yet completely different in other aspects than the other D will surely come up, no argument there, putting aside whether the distinction is as easy as good or evil, but that neither denies what has been mentioned of Roger and what he did, nor what the World Government represents.

Yeah, that´s all legitimate.
    That does not equal not caring about the title though. It is just his interpretation of what the title means to him personally, but not caring about the title, that´s nonsense.
    Luffy can not even tolerate some nobody like Hody calling himself the future Pirate King, you can even make the argument that the reason for Luffy wanting to defeat all the Yonkou, except Shanks of course with whom he has a more personal promise, is because they are said to be the closest to the One Piece, and of course they happened to have requisites aka Road Poneglyphs to even get to Raftel, so that Luffy does not only have to act on that feeling from a narrative standpoint, in addition to of course Sanji´s dilemma and Wano´s occupation.
    And it never mattered that their definition of Pirate King and what it represents was different to Luffy´s, so that you might make the argument that Luffy does not care about being called PK instead of others, Luffy is pretty adamant about becoming Pirate King.

And the all conquer thing is a synonym for having travelled the entire Grand Line to its end, the page you linked to is from the chapter that makes that pretty obvious.
    It´s once again a difference in interpretation. While most people talked about Roger pretty much putting his stamp on the entire sea by doing what nobody else did before, reaching Raftel, Luffy sees it as something different due to his personality, and that personality is what makes him so endearing to Shanks and Rayleigh in the first place, because they see the similarity to Roger.
    What you are doing is taking the definition of Pirate King of other characters and claiming Luffy does not care about that.
    Well yeah, he does not care about their definition, he does not think about it as having the most military might like Crocodile saw it for example, or ruling over the sea like others, but by being able to do anything he wants to and feels like, the ultimate freedom, represented by something nobody seems to be able to except one, reaching Raftel.
    Combine that with Luffy´s childishness, the same attributed Roger was said to have, yeah, he is caring about the title a lot.
    And once again, that title was given to Roger after he did what nobody else did before, reach Raftel. He did not get the title because he was the strongest, Whitebeard was called that.

In regards to BB, like nobody in his right mind would deny that the dude is the most characterized besides the Strawhats themselves, and everything about him screams end game antagonist, whether it´s him being a mirror of Luffy in some aspects and different in others, his actions so far, being the only dude to have two abilities, probably even three at the end, representing darkness and whatnot and so forth.

But one, most who recognize this underplay the significance of the World Government, the only constant factor in almost all arcs so far in one way or the other, or their symbolic value as the sheer opposite of Luffy and his ideals,
    and two, do not recognize the problem i stated above.
    Nobody as an individual even comes close to BB´s value as a character, at this point you can make arguments for Akainu, or Im himself (for now, Oda has enough time to remedy that fact), but BB is miles ahead in that regard, but the World Government as an institution?
    Yep.

I never thought bone spitter guy was gonna join anyway but now that we know he's a samurai I doubt it even more.... still won't make a final opinion until we see his design though

I'm so sorry, I forgot we have to wait till Sunday to discuss thank you so much Monquito for reminding me, again so sorry!
    Last edited by Shiebs; March 15th, 2019 at 06:27 PM.

Now I can officially say it, I think all chances for Kawamatsu to join are officially dead, if he was any other type of Yokai outside of a Kappa I'd say it would increase his chances, but the fact that he's a water dwelling type yokai when we already have a fishman, who we also met in a jail cell, makes me very doubtful

ashura doji definitely won't join, I highly doubt Kawamatsu now, Deniro's silhouette looks awfully similar to the man slayer Kamazou, so that's doubtful

all we've got left out of characters mentioned in this arc so far is witching hour boy, and whatever sort of ghost/evil spirit thing they mentioned in this page (unless that was just brook)
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/926/page/3
    even then I doubt we'll get a spirit creature when we have brook

I still don't think we are getting our last crewmate this arc, but in one of the few that follow, but that's just me

what do you guys think?

I think that was just Brook. And Witching Hour Boy is prolly just some samurai or some guy who'll become a samurai.

I kinda fancy O-Lin though.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Think it's a bit early to say Kawamatsu's a Kappa, regardless of his chances for Nakama-hood (or lack thereof). There's been some speculation that he's an Otter mink (apparently his "Kapapa" laugh is reminiscent of the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound otters make, and supposedly there's an otter-yokai that's famous for spitting fishbones), but at the end of the day I'd simply say this: we haven't even seen him yet.

To my mind, the biggest mark against him thus far is simply that he's a Kozuki vassal, which is much the same reason that Kinemon, Kanjuro, Raizou, and O-kiku are unlikely to join. Their loyalty is to Momonosuke first and foremost, and then to their homeland and people. Wano's going to need a LOT of rebuilding once the battle with Kaidou is over, so I find it hard to believe that any of Momo's vassals could even remotely consider leaving with the Strawhats, no matter their gratitude.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Discovered Stowaway

I wish there was someone who could do all these ninjitsu arts like Raizo and Shinobu, but bigger and better, so it becomes a no-brainer who the real master ninja is and they become a shoe-in. Someone with skills that would put a Devil Fruit user to shame but it's all through training and learning, not magic. We're seeing progressively cooler and cooler techniques but they're not all coming from a single source. Where's the king of the ninjas, if they're going to be serving under the King of Pirates?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information