+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ONE PIECE Opening 21, SUPER POWERS by V6 (Inuyasha Opening 1) Debuts October 7th

Default Re: ONE PIECE Opening 21, SUPER POWERS by V6 (Inuyasha Opening 1) Debuts October 7th

Why are they back on Sabaody?

Spoiler:

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Default Re: ONE PIECE Opening 21, SUPER POWERS by V6 (Inuyasha Opening 1) Debuts October 7th

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Why are they back on Sabaody?
    They're just re-using footage from episode 522. Not sure why, guess the actual opening animation isn't finished yet

As long as the Vinsmokes are in the opening, then i will be satisfied :)

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

New Scan !

Not having high hopes about this one.
    V6 has been declining and the only good thing I remember about them is Take Me Higher and that was from Ultraman Tiga and I was 7.
    They gave a lackluster effort for Fairy Tail's opening and all the other albums I feel like they were losing gas(they lost long ago though).
    One Piece opening has always been like this nowadays:
    a row of mediocre ones, one really good one, another fillerish one.

Pretty sure this one is going to be that cos you know, all that creative juice and budget went to Namie Amuro's powerful amazing Hope.
    Ideally, it surprises me but realistically it's just going to be another half-damn given one because the studio/singer has no idea how to direct a song without a thematic emotion going on in the narrative.
    Good ones always have something emotional going on, with the old ones embracing the themes of adventure and settling at 1:30 and the newer memorable ones like One Day, Fight Together, We Go and even Share the World having somewhat of an emotional theme/drastic change in regards to the ongoing story.
    Oh well.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; October 3rd, 2018 at 11:52 AM.

I'm really going to miss Hope.

It was the best opening song since Kokoro No Chizu.
    Donquixote Rosinante deserved what happened. He was a liar and a traitor. I hate when characters betray, even if its happening on the villains side.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

New Pics

They look off. i mean we get openings once and a while so i expected it to be better than this.
    OPTC (JPN) FC: 223.189.439

Still too cheap to use new outfits.

(I know somebody will angrily shitpost that these are the “official” post-timeskip outfits even though pre-timeskip there was plenty of diversity in outfits in openings despite THOSE “official” outfits being used in much greater quantity in the actual series)

Well, this is shaping up to be another stinker. I should just stop hoping for any decent new world openings anymore. "Hope" was the closest we got to Toei maybe giving a fuck again. Rip.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

Is there some inside joke I'm missing where we act pessimistic towards an opening we haven't seen yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Is there some inside joke I'm missing where we act pessimistic towards an opening we haven't seen yet?
    we're giving an opinion to the 4 pictures that we've seen. take it or leave it.

Those four pictures show things currently happening or soon to be in the anime

Spoiler:

Like Katakuri's Block Mochi arms, but dang i wanted more "new" stuff, i guess those scenes will change as the arc goes on..

Still, maybe there are, we'll see tomorrow... Give me a super cool shot with the moon and Suulong Carrot pls!

I guess im spoiled with OP openings, do you remember Share the World?

It started in Sabaody, it spoiled the crew fighting the Pacifista, it spoiled Boa, Amazon Lily and even Impel Down ( which was recent in the manga, in fact, in the opening you can see the Blu-gori have a incorrect color )

Maybe its just me but old openings used to spoil a bit more

Hopefully it sounds good and catchy, one day remaining

Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
    we're giving an opinion to the 4 pictures that we've seen. take it or leave it.
    But these similar negative opinions happen almost every time there's a preview or clip of a new opening. I'm pretty familiar with how cynical opinions towards the anime are, whether they are warranted or not.

4 pictures taken out of context that most likely last less than a second each. We haven't seen anything in motion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    But these similar negative opinions happen almost every time there's a preview or clip of a new opening. I'm pretty familiar with how cynical opinions towards the anime are, whether they are warranted or not.

4 pictures taken out of context that most likely last less than a second each. We haven't seen anything in motion yet.
    I am commenting on the picture alone not the animation and yes they all look off. stop being so sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
    I am commenting on the picture alone not the animation and yes they all look off. stop being so sensitive.

There's nothing to gain from this discussion so I'm just going to drop it here.

You "We want SPOILERS" crowd know that there is also another faction that DOESNT want to be spoiled and these make up quite the sizeable crowd. Im not one of them but you should keep them in mind too.

I'm not feeling this intro...at all. The song moves at an agonizing speed that technically isn't slow but sure feels like it. And for the visuals, it feels like the team was genuinely trying to make some artistic concept shots, but few of them actually delivered and they all felt jumbled together. A mess overall.

Spoiler:

New opening was okay. Surprised it was all WCI stuff - thought for sure they would at least hint toward Reverie or Wano, but nope. I get the feeling that there's going to be a lot of scenes in the opening replaced with new ones once WCI ends, though, especially with the Vinsmoke scene that was literally just reusing the animation from a previous episode. Either that, or this opening is going to be outdated pretty quickly - we're really not all that far from the arc's conclusion, all things considered.

Some well-animated bits in there, especially the Luffy vs. Katakuri stuff, but also some not-so-good bits, especially the non-WCI crew members fighting at the end and the overuse of still shots. More good than bad overall though, I'd say.

Pacing was totally off for the opening, which I think comes largely from the weird pacing of the song. They showed Luffy vs Katakuri 3 times with large stretches between each one, the non-WCI crew fighting felt weirdly sluggish and slow and was broken up by random images from the arc that didn't correlate at all, and it felt like every now and then the opening just decided to remind you that the rest of the crew existed without actually doing anything with it.

Not a bad opening imo, but definitely a big step down from the previous one.
    Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information