+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 920: For Love of Oden

Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    It still shows that you don't need to be super jacked/huge to be a top tier character.

The original point of this argument was that in One Piece size and power are not strictly related.
    Depends what you call huge because most are under elbaf giants but can still be double the size of normal humans or more. Katakuri himself is like the size of WB, or not much under him.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 920: For Love of Oden

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    With all the possible characters we'll see, I'm already mentally preparing myself for the Wano flashback to be the longest ever.
    yeah I didnt care much for Moria at the beggining, but now Im so much in the Moria boat, real hype.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post

Nope, we just don’t know what Law’s motivation is until now. He wants Kaidou gone but we don’t know if it has to do with red poneglyphs or what. We just don’t know because Luffy doesn’t care to know. We know that the entire thing with Doffy was motivated by other things that were only introduced way after the Kaidou plan started. I mean Law isn’t presented like Capone, who’s entire motivation is that he’s a shit stirrer and that’s why he went after Big Mom. Law just got sidetracked by the Doffy stuff for personal reasons. That would be equivalent to like if one of the Big Mom children was revealed during the Assassination plan to have killed Capone’s sister or something. Capone would still be just a plain shit stirrer but then there would be a sidetrack of a revenge plot of something. Oda instantly presents Capone with a full known reason for his motivations to beat Big Mom because Luffy asks Jinbei. Luffy never asks Law this and the only flashback of his we’ve seen is about Doffy.

So Oda knows he hasn’t Presented Law’s grand ambitions yet, he puts Law in Marineford intentionally so that Luffy will trust him without asking questions in Punk Hazard. I mean it could all be that Law is also a shit stirrer like Capone or he is planning a double cross or something to do with “D will cause a storm” stuff he keeps yammering, It’s just a mystery in the story, and we’ll just have to wait and see how how it plays out
    Uh
    what?

Law's entire motivation for bringing down Doffy was because he killed his own brother and is a complete scumbag, fueled with his terrific childhood caused in part by dick moves of the WG that traumatized him
    No way is his character some Aizenesque guy. Heck, that guy is pretty much Robin genderbent at this point with a more shounenish/piratey ambition.
    His era or whatever arc he had is over. He's only conveniently used now for 1) Pushing the straw-hats towards Kaidou for (insert generic pirate king ambition reason here) 2) occasional fanservice because he's the smart and cool guy.
    His crew only redeeming traits is a kungfu bear and that's about it.
    And that is okay. There is no need for him to have some master vengeance against Kaidou or some kind of snarkly master plan, it's obvious his character arc was long over and even now I wonder if his character arc was even planned in the first place (seeing how little the emotional stake against Doffy was, I had all the reason to believe that Oda did not think that much ahead when planning Law.)
    It's fine the way it is but no one should be denying that the entire plan he had to take down Kaidou was nothing more than a plot device/ convenience for the SHs to get involved and for it to be marketed as something bigger than it already is.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYama View Post
    (...)

TL;DR it's called empathy, people. The fact that the Straw Hats can feel strong empathy for the sorrows of people they care about is what makes them HEROES and the PROTAGONISTS. They didn't JUST meet Momo or Kinemon, they've known them for a while now and we as readers have known them for YEARS.
    (...)

ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT TAKING YOUR BRAIN MEDICINE? YOU KNOW, THE MEDICINE THAT HELPS YOU THINK?
    I agree. Chopper, Carrot, Nami and Brook feel the pain of Momo's loss,cause each of them has lost a beloved one (Nami lost Bellemere; Brook lost his Crew; Carrot lost Pedro; Chopper lost Hiruruk). People are going through such Feelings again when they hear of a loss.
    I'm repeatedly Close to tears when Otohime dies and her sons try to cheer up their sister although they could cry af. Maybe cause I also lost someone.

We'll cry once we actually read that flashback.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

About the size Thing: usually big guys are as slow af. Katakuri and also Jozu are quite the exception to that rule.
    But I rather have Sanji fight a really fast one (so anything between Sanji's size and IKD, Pika's size).
    Wadatsumi was too huge to be an actual threat to Sanji.

Nice sidenote: small animals' heartbeat is many times faster than a big one, which also means smaller animals have a shorter lifespan.
    I know, it is from real life, but try to consider that when OP-giants can become three times older than humans.

I really wonder what Kind of favor BM did to Kaidou. She maybe gave him a really Long life-span and now he is trying to take away this lifespan by suicide-attempts.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

kaidou seems to have the regenaration fruit à la wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    ...but he didn't beat him with Bound Man.

The fight between these two top tier guys was settled based on haki and speed, not on sheer size and strength and who got more jacked up.

It's a perfect example.

Go figure...again?

So that may be the case with Jack as well

He's been getting a lot of panel time put into him after all

Last bit of a fight was decided with speed and endurance mate. Not with haki(Katakuris was still stronger, they were equal as it seemed only in CoC).

Fight could have not been decided with Snake man if not for damage from bound man. It accumulated over time and continous damage to breaking point. Snake man seemed way weaker when it comes to fire power than Bound man, it was used for finishing off Katakuri only because of speed.

Fight was not simply decided at end, it was thanks to heavy damage Katakuri took at start of the fight from Blund man and all throughout the fight.

As for Jack - Oda does not waste hype material like that. Jack being peak of Beast pirates and being thrown first would be bit boring to me. Even if he would be shown as absolute beast... though I would enjoy if Calamities are about equal and all have insane durability. It would keep Katakuri bit special.

Hi guys, I got a quick stupid question:

Wano is based on feudal Japan and afaik the only country with that setting, clothing, hairstyles, architecture and so on. Only people from wano wear those kinda clothes. So where did Jimbee come up with his style? Was he in Wano, did he meet someone whom inspired him? As wano is closed, there shoudn't be many Wano people in the rest of the world? Do we have an explanation for his Samurai style? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Uh
    what?

Law's entire motivation for bringing down Doffy was because he killed his own brother and is a complete scumbag, fueled with his terrific childhood caused in part by dick moves of the WG that traumatized him
    No way is his character some Aizenesque guy. Heck, that guy is pretty much Robin genderbent at this point with a more shounenish/piratey ambition.
    His era or whatever arc he had is over. He's only conveniently used now for 1) Pushing the straw-hats towards Kaidou for (insert generic pirate king ambition reason here) 2) occasional fanservice because he's the smart and cool guy.
    His crew only redeeming traits is a kungfu bear and that's about it.
    And that is okay. There is no need for him to have some master vengeance against Kaidou or some kind of snarkly master plan, it's obvious his character arc was long over and even now I wonder if his character arc was even planned in the first place (seeing how little the emotional stake against Doffy was, I had all the reason to believe that Oda did not think that much ahead when planning Law.)
    It's fine the way it is but no one should be denying that the entire plan he had to take down Kaidou was nothing more than a plot device/ convenience for the SHs to get involved and for it to be marketed as something bigger than it already is.
    You’re speaking with such authority... This is hilarious. I guess we’ll just wait and see. My entire argument was because I thought people were misunderstanding something but here I find a guy who is completely sure with no evidence to the point of calling out Oda on it... Fine, that “no evidence” part tells me all I need to know about where this argument will go so...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by sweetspot42 View Post
    Hi guys, I got a quick stupid question:

Wano is based on feudal Japan and afaik the only country with that setting, clothing, hairstyles, architecture and so on. Only people from wano wear those kinda clothes. So where did Jimbee come up with his style? Was he in Wano, did he meet someone whom inspired him? As wano is closed, there shoudn't be many Wano people in the rest of the world? Do we have an explanation for his Samurai style? Thanks in advance.
    Well Otohime dressed up in a kimono as well. I don’t think Oda is so strict on how culture elements are spread in the story. I mean everyone in the One Piece world uses honorifics like “san” “kun” and “sama” and yet if Oda was trying to be so serious about where certain culture elements pop up then this wouldn’t be the case... This sort of thing is just an effect of the author’s own culture bleeding into the story, like how in Star Wars you find every race in the galaxy using American phrases and all that.

It's not really the clothing and style that Wano stands from the rest of the world, but how the political system is set, like the Samurai ranking and the Shogunate.

Hidden:

and the yokai

16 chars

The structures, the people, the land/setting, and the lore are all things were looking forward to.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Most of the structure were seen in many places like the Dojo where Zoro trained and the Marine HQ.

Wano is just pushing those to the eleven.

Hidden:

Their swords are all over the world. The country is evidently not so closed as to not let any part of their culture out.

Of course, we can't say if all OP katanas originated in Wano, considering it's a fabricated world with its own history, but we know that "some" swords came from there at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

So the rêverie will finish 1 week before they go after kaidou. And since news don't reach wano, then luffy won't find out about event from rêverie, like Im capturing vivi and fishman princess or something, only after wano arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Their swords are all over the world. The country is evidently not so closed as to not let any part of their culture out.

Of course, we can't say if all OP katanas originated in Wano, considering it's a fabricated world with its own history, but we know that "some" swords came from there at least.
    prolly Wano was an open nation before the void century, spread their clothing, weaponry, manners, zepoku until a great event happened and they were just like 'shit!!, close the doors!!'
    -should we do something about it sir, besides closing our nation?
    -yes, we're the masters of gossip, tell everyone what happened, print me a 100 Poneglyphs and 4 special editions, asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Nice sidenote: small animals' heartbeat is many times faster than a big one, which also means smaller animals have a shorter lifespan.
    I know, it is from real life, but try to consider that when OP-giants can become three times older than humans.

I really wonder what Kind of favor BM did to Kaidou. She maybe gave him a really Long life-span and now he is trying to take away this lifespan by suicide-attempts.
    So those 70 year parrots are just as large as humans? :-P

I wonder how old is Toki? she birthed 2 children so I assume she is not that old, she could be in her 30s. I also wonder if there is a limit to the years she can travel at a time, if she came from the void century how many times did she time-travel to reach Oden's Era? also was she the one who taught Kozouki's ancestors how to read and write on the poneglyphs? before she was introduced I thought Kozouki's were survives from the void century and that's how they knew how to read and write..

I hope we see her soon on that fateful night.

I really can't imagine Luffy and Co. staying still for 2 full weeks! loool I give them 2 days max

The only thing that makes me wonder about them somehow lasting the two weeks is because of the mention of the fire festival.

The fire festival fits perfectly if kaidou has the Zoan dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    What does the Fire Festival entail? Is it like a worshiping type of ceremony?

People use fire to wish for their safety and prosperity. Like burn down shrines and is offered to the gods as example.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; October 14th, 2018 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    The fire festival fits perfectly if kaidou has the Zoan dragon.
    What does the Fire Festival entail? Is it like a worshiping type of ceremony?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information