+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 342

Thread: Chapter 920: For Love of Oden

  1. #41
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Just realized one of the silhouettes on page 8 is Jack. *facepalm*
    So this is the first time we see the other 2 execs.

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Also if Momo could remember having met Roger, Tama should be able to remember of one of her loyal retainers...
    I don't buy the theory, but it's unclear how old the daughter is there. She might have been 3, and I wouldn't be able to remember someone I met at that age.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    She couldn't have known how Wano state would be like 20y in the future right?
    Its pretty clear that she can, actually. She gave a prophecy, remember? That's a pretty strong indication that she can at least partially see the future.

    She probably sent the main forces with Momo (who could at least walk and handle himself) 20y from then and Hiyori with somebody else to live in hiding/increase the chance of on of her children to live.
    Yeah, but you would send them AFTER the point where you could reasonably expect them to be safe, no?

    Purely coincidence

  3. #43

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Toki doesn't even need to see the future. The fact that she conversed with Kin'emon and co. beforehand makes it more likely that she just lied her ass off. From Orochi's perspective, it may as well have been a prophecy.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Toki doesn't even need to see the future. The fact that she conversed with Kin'emon and co. beforehand makes it more likely that she just lied her ass off. From Orochi's perspective, it may as well have been a prophecy.
    I don't know. The thing about 9 shadows and the moon seemed way too specific to not mean anything.

    Purely coincidence

  5. #45

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Interesting chapter eventhough it mostly confirms stuff we were already aware of.

    So, just to get things straight, the plan is to keep a low profile and secretly invade Onigashima island in 2 weeks' time ? With emphasis on not getting exposed until then ?
    ...Yeah, that's totally going to work with Luffy & Zoro basically making a public declaration of war in Flower Town the same morning

    The only chance for this plan to not completely fail is if Hawkins somehow chooses not to rat on them. At the moment he is probably the only person in Kaido's forces who is aware of their identities, while other subordinates might just keep blaming Shutenmaru.


    Anyone else got a feeling that the "5,000 strong" force to wage war is laying ground for a future call to the Straw Hat fleet ? (when every hope of secrecy inevitably goes down the drain thanks to Luffy's present and future blunders)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

  6. #46
    Brookstache Sick_Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    That was such an enjoyable read. I'm glad that Oda didn't fully reveal the backstory just yet. Great chapter.

    Somebody pointed out (over at OJ) that the 5th retainer, the one to the left of Raizou when they were standing in front of the castle and to Kanjuro's right when they were kneeling before Toki, could be the mysterious person that Crocus is having a drink with in a cover story, and that he could have been the one to have fled with/taken care of Hiyori. Hugely interesting theory.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

    -Gentleman Skeleton Brook

  7. #47

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I don't know. The thing about 9 shadows and the moon seemed way too specific to not mean anything.
    Well maybe lying's too strong of a word to use. But if you just spoke with your retainers, where they say that they will absolutely fulfill Oden's wishes, and then knowingly send them 20 years into the future with their consent with a shared goal in mind, you can very easily roll with that knowledge and effectively create a prophecy.

    Although prophecy is not even the right word, because it's not like Toki said it will absolutely come true. Just that this is basically her one wish she deeply wants to see fulfilled. If her time travel abilities weren't connected to a Devil Fruit, then it would be a lot easier to buy the possibility of her being able to casually look into the future. It's just worth noting that this chapter gives us a very simple alternative to consider.

    And don't get me wrong, of course it'll come true, as it's ultimately just foreshadowing at the end of the day. I was just saying that it doesn't need to be due to Toki being able to see into the future.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Just realized one of the silhouettes on page 8 is Jack. *facepalm*
    So this is the first time we see the other 2 execs.

    It could still be that guy that was watching the footage from Punk Hazard tho.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Jack has those Viking Braids thing if I remember correctly.

    Spoiler:

  9. #49
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/920/page/9

    The Samurai before Lady Toki... Could the right one be the the person who had a drink with Crocus? The hat fits. Or am I missing something?

    http://www.opfanpage.com/2018/01/04/...g-with-crocus/


    Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Personally I don't think those 3 silhouettes are the calamities, even though the left one looks like Jack the other two don't seem like inspired designs especially when one of them literally resembles Pica. Could just be a case of Pica being inspired by him I guess?



    Year of Sanji, let's go!

  11. #51
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Why would a retainer be talking to Crocus?
    This question bugs me a little bit. Why not?

    The angle is there. They could likely have a connection (assuming that Crocus was on Roger's ship at the time they visited Wano) and that's all that is needed for Oda to make them interact and give those interactions meaning in terms of the larger plot points.

    Why would Shanks visit Fushiga Village? Probably even twice, since he likely is the father of Makino's baby?


    Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

  12. #52
    Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Just realized one of the silhouettes on page 8 is Jack. *facepalm*
    So this is the first time we see the other 2 execs.

    Spoiler:
    It appears that Pika was cosplaying the middle one of the disasters. And if the right one is queen, she'd look like Smoothie's sister (Citron or Cinnamon but somehow "uglier").

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/920/page/9

    The Samurai before Lady Toki... Could the right one be the the person who had a drink with Crocus? The hat fits. Or am I missing something?

    http://www.opfanpage.com/2018/01/04/...g-with-crocus/
    That was also suggested in the Spoiler thread. Anything's possible. Their hats even look the same with the black square on it, but maybe this is a common Thing with those hats.
    However, when it Comes to Body shape and head-size (in the Panel above you can see Raizou and hat guy are equally tall), it could also be the tengu guy iirc his figure.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    This question bugs me a little bit. Why not?

    The angle is there. They could likely have a connection (assuming that Crocus was on Roger's ship at the time they visited Wano) and that's all that is needed for Oda to make them interact and give those interactions meaning in terms of the larger plot points.

    Why would Shanks visit Fushiga Village? Probably even twice, since he likely is the father of Makino's baby?
    I also was wondering why Shanks visited Fusha village. Maybe Roger told him that the will of D. is strong there...
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

  13. #53

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Awesome chapter.
    Mystery on top of mystery piling up.

    Now the big question is.... where is Lady Toki & Hyori and are they still alive, and just where is Lady Toki really from? if she is also from the void century, that would be crazy, it could be mean she's another person from there along with the mystery ruler of the Celestial Dragons.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Did I hear fire festival?
    Spoiler:

    By fire be purged

  15. #55
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    Did I hear fire festival?
    You mean this?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyre_Festival


    Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

  16. #56
    Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    (...) if she is also from the void century, that would be crazy, it could be mean she's another person from there along with the mystery ruler of the Celestial Dragons.
    TBH, she really gave me "Imu-Vibes" from the visuals. The (quite) Long neck, female Silhouette and the Long Dress around her sitting-Position. I know, this could just be a carpet, but damn, she really could be from the same period as Imu.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

  17. #57

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    They did say there were "9" red scabbards with kinemon, lnjuro, raizo and kiku we need 5 more counting the unnamed retainer that brings the number to 5 so we need 4 more. The 5 other scabbards could have stayed in the past and defend the land of kuri i believe tengu did say 5 samurai were killed during X. Drake's attack. So either those were the 5 other scabbards killed or we will know them eventually either alive or in the flashbacks. Also jibuemon was the retainer of the shogun? Then orochi could have also killed sakayuki?

  18. #58

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    I also do wonder what the true name of Lady Toki is...clearly it isn't that...since she's been jumping further and further into the future, she'd have adopted that name to conceal her true identity.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    This girl is hiyori, she has long neck like kozuki toki




  20. #60
    Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Europe

    Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    They did say there were "9" red scabbards with kinemon, lnjuro, raizo and kiku we need 5 more counting the unnamed retainer that brings the number to 5 so we need 4 more. The 5 other scabbards could have stayed in the past and defend the land of kuri i believe tengu did say 5 samurai were killed during X. Drake's attack. So either those were the 5 other scabbards killed or we will know them eventually either alive or in the flashbacks. Also jibuemon was the retainer of the shogun? Then orochi could have also killed sakayuki?
    Jibuemon said:"We looked for remains of the nine scabbards, but didn't find 'em." Did he mean "mortal remains" like corpses or Skeletons? So without Momo the number of (visible) retainers is just 5, not 9. At least the 4th Kozuki grave is explained now with Momo's sister.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

  1. Crazy88
  2. mrsword

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts