+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 920: For Love of Oden

Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

Quote Originally Posted by nif90 View Post
    I gonna throw a curveball and say Hiyori(weather) is actually Nami.
    She will have been 20 years old now if she had stayed in the past.
    This sounds very plausible mainly because of the pun, but also to give her a development she has been missing since the TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Jibuemon said:"We looked for remains of the nine scabbards, but didn't find 'em." Did he mean "mortal remains" like corpses or Skeletons? So without Momo the number of (visible) retainers is just 5, not 9. At least the 4th Kozuki grave is explained now with Momo's sister.
    Does inuarashi and nekomamushi count as 2 of the scabbards? Kinemon did say they lost the two while running to the castle and assume the two both died too. So with kinemon, kanjuro, raizo, kiku, hatguy, inuarashi and nekomamushi we have 7 that means 2 more missing scabbard?

So Zoro is lost.. I hope he will come across Jack and his forces.

Zoro loosing.. mmmmm... ;)

Not gonna happen though...

Interesting to see that other 2 Calamities seem to be around same size as Jack. Those 3 will be real beasts, like at least 3 Jozus, which is insane fighting power if we remember that Jozu went toe to toe with Admiral Aokiji and he was caught off guard because Whitebeards near death situation.

Fantastic fights are incomming. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    This question bugs me a little bit. Why not?

The angle is there. They could likely have a connection (assuming that Crocus was on Roger's ship at the time they visited Wano) and that's all that is needed for Oda to make them interact and give those interactions meaning in terms of the larger plot points.

Why would Shanks visit Fushiga Village? Probably even twice, since he likely is the father of Makino's baby?
    I should clarify: Why would a retainer be all the way over there, when, uhh, they'd have more pressing matters to attend to? How would they have gotten there to begin with?

It becomes an even bigger stretch if we're also assuming that he's been protecting Hiyori all this time.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    Does inuarashi and nekomamushi count as 2 of the scabbards? Kinemon did say they lost the two while running to the castle and assume the two both died too. So with kinemon, kanjuro, raizo, kiku, hatguy, inuarashi and nekomamushi we have 7 that means 2 more missing scabbard?
    I would say they would count. It's not like the average person is familiar with Zou after all.

Here a Scenario I’d like Guys to consider. Please inform me of any holes in it. I’m very confident it’s true and finding holes in it will help me refine it.

I think the last Retainer is the guy from Crocus’s Cover story and Tenguyama Hitetsu is waiting for him. And that last retainer was at the Reverse mountain meaning he is traveling from the other blues not the Grandline... that’s far as real evidence I have... the rest is speculation...

I think that guy was given Custody of Hiyori because of some limit with the devil fruit about the number of people Toki can transport or something... And that guy took Hiyori as far as he could go. Out of the Grandline. To East blue.... and that’s as much feasible speculation I can make up... the rest is now me reaching because it would just be awesome...

The Retainer raised the girl in East blue taking up the only occupation he reasonably can, a Samurai Dojo. But the Girl died one day before the 20 years when he was supposed to return her to Wano. And now all that’s left for him to do is go back and tell the bad news. There’s some hope though, because she befriended some punk who carries on her dream on her behalf.

Now let’s Examine some things involving this.

We don’t know where Kuina got the Idea that women are inferior to men. She was better than every male swordsman except Koshiro that she had ever met so you’d think it wasn’t about actual reality around her. Koshiro as well doesn’t seem to be the kind of person who taught her this sort of thing since he still taught her swordsmanship. So where did she get it. What if she got it from A story Koshiro told her? A story about how her mother chose to save the male heir to the Kozuki clan instead of her, because males are the ones who can be the Rulers.

And now for some even less plausible evidence.
    We never saw or heard of who Kuina’s Mom was. Kin’emon was introduced as Momonosuke’s father so I expect this trick isn’t very hard to pull off by the other retainer Koshiro saying that He is also Kuina’s father. Lastly Koshiro didn’t seem as grief stricken as you’d expect from a single parent,apparently, who lost his child. He never raised his voice or cried or anything. Pretty cold right?

Anyway the real last “evidence” is.
    We saw the revolutionaries on the Island Zoro grew up. So I would wonder what they are doing there. They most probably move around to places that need revolutions. But Certainly that island didn’t need them. So they must have been there to talk to someone who needed a revolution elsewhere. And Who would need a revolution if not the guy who’s master was usurped of power and who had lost one of the heirs to the throne.

Oh yeah and if Hiyori in that picture is 2 years old in chapter 920 then she’d be the exact same age as Kuina.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Those 3 will be real beasts, like at least 3 Jozus, which is insane fighting power if we remember that Jozu went toe to toe with Admiral Aokiji and he was caught off guard because Whitebeards near death situation.
    Size isn't really an indicator of power in One Piece.

This is also just a really weird thought train to go on
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post

Maybe they'll finally bring back some respect for the big guys.

The big dumb brutes shall rise again. Lack of planning be damned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Maybe they'll finally bring back some respect for the big guys.

The big dumb brutes shall rise again. Lack of planning be damned
    The Blackbeards are now the Wolf Pirates

San Juan next pirate king confirmed
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

The Blackbeards are now the Wolf Pirates

San Juan next pirate king confirmed
    It just struck me that once Shanks croaks it all the other rulers of the new world are weirdly proportioned freaks of large to crazy large size. Talk about reversing the giant effect late in the game. Maybe prince giant won't even be useless. Interesting times ahead for sure

Sometimes it is.

Oda said once that he draws some important characters bigger/ taller than the rest - example being Admirals or especially he was referring to scene with all Warlords being present on double page spread and tiny marines before them. And who you are to judge my thought train going most straightforward line of thoughts most of the time ? I am not commenting on that, you also could avoid it.

Beside size of Calamities, Kaidos crew seems to have more structure alike to Whitebeards(top commanders) and Big Mom Pirates(Sweet Commanders) with few individuals being especially strong.

With Jack in crew, centric Calamity that we seen might be Katakuris equivalent in Beast Pirates crew.
    Last edited by Watch-man; October 4th, 2018 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    This sounds very plausible mainly because of the pun, but also to give her a development she has been missing since the TS.
    It's not plausible, because Nami was a baby when Bellemare found her, and Hyori is clearly at least a few years old in that picture.

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

The chapter title reminds me of when Gan Fall told Wiper "I love pumpkin juice!"
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Sometimes it is.

Oda said once that he draws some important characters bigger/ taller than the rest - example being Admirals or especially he was referring to scene with all Warlords being present on double page spread and tiny marines before them. And who you are to judge my thought train going most straightforward line of thoughts most of the time ? I am not commenting on that, you also could avoid it.

Beside size of Calamities, Kaidos crew seems to have more structure alike to Whitebeards(top commanders) and Big Mom Pirates(Sweet Commanders) with few individuals being especially strong.

With Jack in crew, centric Calamity that we seen might be Katakuris equivalent in Beast Pirates crew.
    When I think of really strong characters the last person I would think of is Jozu, why Jozu? Is it because he's similarly bulky like Jack? I hope the Calamities are strong as Katakuri

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    When I think of really strong characters the last person I would think of is Jozu, why Jozu? Is it because he's similarly bulky like Jack?
    Jozu is strong enough to suplex a iceberg. That's something.

I hope the Calamities are strong as Katakuri
    So only Luffy has a chance against the three of them?

Hidden:

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    Yeah, that is quite likely. They argued about sth (probably they blamed each other for not protecting Oden properly). Kinemon (or Inu or Neko) stated that those 2 were his retainers as well. Probably fled and Orochi thought they died in the fire as well.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

F*ck, this was one hell of a solid chapter. This actually felt at least two chapter worth. Oda managed to tell us the whole story as far as what is plot relevant for now while saving us what is "story telling" worth for later, I am amazed at the ability here. You can feel things are going to start from this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Here a Scenario I’d like Guys to consider. Please inform me of any holes in it. I’m very confident it’s true and finding holes in it will help me refine it.

I think the last Retainer is the guy from Crocus’s Cover story and Tenguyama Hitetsu is waiting for him. And that last retainer was at the Reverse mountain meaning he is traveling from the other blues not the Grandline... that’s far as real evidence I have... the rest is speculation...

I think that guy was given Custody of Hiyori because of some limit with the devil fruit about the number of people Toki can transport or something... And that guy took Hiyori as far as he could go. Out of the Grandline. To East blue.... and that’s as much feasible speculation I can make up... the rest is now me reaching because it would just be awesome...

The Retainer raised the girl in East blue taking up the only occupation he reasonably can, a Samurai Dojo. But the Girl died one day before the 20 years when he was supposed to return her to Wano. And now all that’s left for him to do is go back and tell the bad news. There’s some hope though, because she befriended some punk who carries on her dream on her behalf.

Now let’s Examine some things involving this.

We don’t know where Kuina got the Idea that women are inferior to men. She was better than every male swordsman except Koshiro that she had ever met so you’d think it wasn’t about actual reality around her. Koshiro as well doesn’t seem to be the kind of person who taught her this sort of thing since he still taught her swordsmanship. So where did she get it. What if she got it from A story Koshiro told her? A story about how her mother chose to save the male heir to the Kozuki clan instead of her, because males are the ones who can be the Rulers.

And now for some even less plausible evidence.
    We never saw or heard of who Kuina’s Mom was. Kin’emon was introduced as Momonosuke’s father so I expect this trick isn’t very hard to pull off by the other retainer Koshiro saying that He is also Kuina’s father. Lastly Koshiro didn’t seem as grief stricken as you’d expect from a single parent,apparently, who lost his child. He never raised his voice or cried or anything. Pretty cold right?

Anyway the real last “evidence” is.
    We saw the revolutionaries on the Island Zoro grew up. So I would wonder what they are doing there. They most probably move around to places that need revolutions. But Certainly that island didn’t need them. So they must have been there to talk to someone who needed a revolution elsewhere. And Who would need a revolution if not the guy who’s master was usurped of power and who had lost one of the heirs to the throne.

Oh yeah and if Hiyori in that picture is 2 years old in chapter 920 then she’d be the exact same age as Kuina.
    Since making this kind of pretty crazy theory, why not throwing in the mix the crazy idea that maybe Tashigi is actually Kuina but just lost her memory, and Koshiro just lied that she died.

When I think of really strong characters the last person I would think of is Jozu, why Jozu? Is it because he's similarly bulky like Jack? I hope the Calamities are strong as Katakuri

He was first Yonko commander shown to make Admiral bleed and first character beside Rayleigh who managed to damage Admiral.

One calamity likely is Kaidos right hand man so its likely. With Beast Pirates and characteristics of their bodies I expect that some of Calamities might have nearly invincible CoA haki. Like Katakuri had insane CoO, some of them might be monsters with CoA making it nearly impossible to heavily damage them.

So in fight of Luffy vs Jack I expect only King Kong Gun to be a thing to finish off Jack or send him flying of the Wano.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Jozu is strong enough to suplex a iceberg. That's something.

So only Luffy has a chance against the three of them?

I would love to see Sanji and Zoro going all out together against one of Calamities..

Sanji either going Power Ranger mode with suit given to him by Germa or denying his family so strongly he goes Life Return and turns into buff Okama-like form(not gonna happen, it would be fun if it would).

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It could still be that guy that was watching the footage from Punk Hazard tho.
    I guess it's possible.

Personally I don't think those 3 silhouettes are the calamities, even though the left one looks like Jack the other two don't seem like inspired designs especially when one of them literally resembles Pica. Could just be a case of Pica being inspired by him I guess?
    It makes sense to feature Kaido on one side and 3 of his most prominent crew members on other. But yeah, hard not to think about Pica when you see that center dude and I kinda doubt it's a coincidence, considering how Oda operates. Sibling, maybe?

P.S. Since it shows Jack from 20 years ago, he might not have had the braids back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I Love Oden. He's a cool guy. Love the chapter.

Now, how interesting would it be if Hiyori was raised by Kaidou.

So much to digest and I love it.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information