+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 920: For Love of Oden

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Here a Scenario I’d like Guys to consider. Please inform me of any holes in it. I’m very confident it’s true and finding holes in it will help me refine it.

The Retainer raised the girl in East blue taking up the only occupation he reasonably can, a Samurai Dojo. But the Girl died one day before the 20 years when he was supposed to return her to Wano. And now all that’s left for him to do is go back and tell the bad news. There’s some hope though, because she befriended some punk who carries on her dream on her behalf.
    Possible holes, in chapter 0, if we consider it as canon material, there are Kuina's parents just after she was born discussing that they hoped for a boy to take over the dojo for them. Also, IIRC in the anime Kuina overhears her dad saying that Zorro will someday surpass her..but this is just anime stuff.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Chompp View Post
    Since making this kind of pretty crazy theory, why not throwing in the mix the crazy idea that maybe Tashigi is actually Kuina but just lost her memory, and Koshiro just lied that she died.
    See the problem is Oda confirmed their Ages... Tashigi is one year older than Kuina... So...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Possible holes, in chapter 0, if we consider it as canon material, there are Kuina's parents just after she was born discussing that they hoped for a boy to take over the dojo for them. Also, IIRC in the anime Kuina overhears her dad saying that Zorro will someday surpass her..but this is just anime stuff.
    Oh I haven’t read chapter 0... Where did you get that chapter?

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I should clarify: Why would a retainer be all the way over there, when, uhh, they'd have more pressing matters to attend to? How would they have gotten there to begin with?

It becomes an even bigger stretch if we're also assuming that he's been protecting Hiyori all this time.
    I see where you coming from. But this would mean that the guy is a Red Herring. From what we know, especially when it comes to importan characters who somehow lurk in the background and are going to become important later (think Rayleigh), this so definitely fits Oda's style. I really think that in caes of this, as long as it doesn't go against any established rules of the OP-World, Oda can have the Hat-Guy appear when he likes, simply because the angle fits. Even if on a first glimpse, important reasons would stand against all this.

I think that fit's his MO more.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

I also like the idea that Momo's sister is in Kaidou's/Orochi's Hands.
    Before this we hd this Situation with Urashima and Okiku (the former wants to marry the latter).
    Now, what if Orochi wants to marry Momo's sister to gain the title of Shogun "legally"?
    IDK about edo-japanese laws, so IDK if that is even possible this way, I am just tossing around thoughts.
    Momo's sister being Queen doesn't seem likely to me. We see all 3 disasters (in Kinemon's mind) while the Castle burnt.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Thank god it was afterall a DF ability and not them being ghosts.
    Also travelling forward in time but not backwards cuts a lot of potential problems.
    Still having the second time related DF (Toki and Foxy) it leaves the possibility open for someone to have a time stopping DF.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Oh I haven’t read chapter 0... Where did you get that chapter?
    The first page will explain everything.

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...apter-0/page-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Tama being Hiyori would make a lot of things make sense, it would also justify she being sent away before Kin'emon and Momonosuke could meet Luffy's group.

To know if it fits, though, I would need to reread the chapters to see how exactly her interactions with Kiku went. I remember Kiku rushing instantly to rescue Tama when Gazelleman kidnapped her even before Luffy, so that would work. Things that wouldn't work though are how relaxedly Hitetsu and Kiku seem to treat her: Hitetsu was perfectly fine letting her go alone to the city (even though he himself wouldn't risk there) scorted just by this pirate they just met, Kiku just one chapter ago let Tama go alone scorted only by an enemy's officer... you would think Kozuki's retainers would be more cautious about her safety.

If she is Hiyori, though, we'll learn at the next chapter since she will obviously tell this to Kin'emon and Momo.

Quote Originally Posted by nif90 View Post
    I gonna throw a curveball and say Hiyori(weather) is actually Nami.
    She will have been 20 years old now if she had stayed in the past.
    Since Nami is 20 now, it would require Hiyori to be a newborn in that panel and she is clearly a toddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Thank god it was afterall a DF ability and not them being ghosts.
    Also travelling forward in time but not backwards cuts a lot of potential problems.
    Still having the second time related DF (Toki and Foxy) it leaves the possibility open for someone to have a time stopping DF.
    Remember the toad-like guy from DB's ginyu force? Guldo iirc. If the time-stopping ability is as limited as Guldo's, I'd be fine with it.

Even if the tengu guy is not the hat-guy, he has to be one of the missing (2) retainers. That's why he is waiting for someone and that's why he isn't allowed to enter the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    damn I have to go back into my hole now see you guys later .
    Spoiler:

By fire be purged

I just think its so interesting with Kanjuro and Raizou parting ways separating on differnt islands. It's also cool that they did the reverse trip of where the strawhats went.

Kozuki crew>Wank>Zou>Dressrosa>Punk Hazard
    Strawhats>Punk Hazard>Dressrosa>Zou>Wano.

I like how this was all starting since like 6 + years ago. In the end these guys weren't a bunch of random characters, they are well thought out characters on an important and deep mission. There existence is super relevant.

If that was the case, re-imagine Nami's interactions with Momo, which would be really disgusting in retrospective.

Tama doesn't make sense to be sister of momo. If she was able to send all 5 in the same place and time, then she can control her time fruit, and would not make sense to send tama alone 5 years ahead of everyone's else in orochi's hands.

Momonosuke's sister has to be over 20 now and maybe like viola serving under Orochi or is ninja waiting for her bro and co 20 years. And yes, RÍverie again in the 2 weeks, this may be the last chapter we got for now and next rÍverie starts.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    (...) And yes, RÍverie again in the 2 weeks, this may be the last chapter we got for now and next rÍverie starts.
    OR we see what Kind of huge mess Zoro is causing by getting lost deep within the enemy-territory...
    O-tsuru might be a retainer as well. She said she moved there recently, but, come on...!
    And that crane-logo of her tea-house Looks waaay to similar to the kozuki-Emblem.

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

This whole setup with "we're meeting important characters who are relatives of infamous royalty who become contemporary companions and stay with us for at least some islands, with an island (Totland) serving as something completely different along the way before the big endgame" is basically the Alabasta Saga concept pushed even bigger.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

Can't we all just hope we have a Khutulun story? Sounds fun.

Though Hiyori does look more like a toddler.
    Hereís how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what heís doing. Luffy replies ďThinkiní bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!Ē and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Tama doesn't make sense to be sister of momo. If she was able to send all 5 in the same place and time, then she can control her time fruit, and would not make sense to send tama alone 5 years ahead of everyone's else in orochi's hands.

Momonosuke's sister has to be over 20 now and maybe like viola serving under Orochi or is ninja waiting for her bro and co 20 years. And yes, RÍverie again in the 2 weeks, this may be the last chapter we got for now and next rÍverie starts.
    She wouldn't have been sent alone since we know there was one more retainer with Kin'emon's group when they got to the castle and he wasn't sent with them to the future. Wherever Hiyori went, that 5th retainer was most likely entrusted with her by Toki. Assuming she is Tama, that guy would be Hitetsu.

As for to why send her to a different point in the future, that could be justified. Hiyori was even younger than Momo, who is a kid already, so it's reasonable for Toki to want to keep her safe. Orochi knew, through Toki's prediction itself, that his enemies would be arriving in 20 years and is preparing for that, so if Toki wanted to keep Hiyori safe it would make sense for her to not send her to that point.

Hiyori being Shutenmaru would be much better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    This sounds very plausible mainly because of the pun, but also to give her a development she has been missing since the TS.
    You know, that'd be fantastic. So now we can read back and really, truly enjoy the numerous times Momo has lecherously oogled and groped Nami, knowing she is, in fact, his (grown up) little sister!

I mean, we need to make One Piece creepier somehow, right?

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    She wouldn't have been sent alone since we know there was one more retainer with Kin'emon's group when they got to the castle and he wasn't sent with them to the future. Wherever Hiyori went, that 5th retainer was most likely entrusted with her by Toki.
    A small hint that supports this assumption is Tama's Job, which is weaving hats. Hats like that guy was wearing.

I'm sorry but my memory has been deceiving me.
    Suddenly I remember something.
    Where's Robin? She, Franky, haven't join yet.

Truth is, I remember that the poneglyph that Brook copied from big mom, there haven't really any progress about the reading, yet have it?
    Can't wait for Brook to show the writing to Robin.

See the problem is Oda confirmed their Ages... Tashigi is one year older than Kuina... So...
    Well, that could be easily explained away, but I didn't really mean to get into this this much since I just threw that idea there pretty much as a joke, so no need to continue this :D

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information