+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 920: For Love of Oden

Default Chapter 920: For Love of Oden

Last edited by Shitsunen; October 3rd, 2018 at 11:16 PM.

Default Re: Chapter 920

Ah, there ya go. You can't travel back in time. Everyone can relax now.

But uh, wow, I gotta digest this chapter for a bit, a lot to take in.

Default Re: Chapter 920: I Love Oden

Is it just me or did we already know, or strongly suspect, like, 90% of this?

Purely coincidence

The panic from last week from some people dies down with that "you can't travel to the past" line.

I never would've expected to see the other silhouetted Calamities this soon, that was a very pleasant surprise. One of many dope panels of the chapter. Dopest being the giant alliance panel.

Guess I need to watch 47 ronin! Wano is references on references.

Oni Island looks sick. I wonder what size it will actually be? It needs to be quite large if that's where the entire battle is taking place. Though I'm quite certain the Flower Capital will not remain untouched, that's not Oda's style.

So Onigashima is an island of Wano Kingdom or far away from it?
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

I’m so happy that you can’t travel to the past with this fruit. Thank you Oda for not going full time machine with this fruit.

The fact we didn't hear everything Kinemon says means we'll be getting a flashback to 20 years ago.

So, is the 5th samurai on the flashback Tenguyama ? Was he left behind to take care of Hiyori ? Is Hiyori Shutenmaru's real identity ? Will she join the crew :) ?

Among all the silhouetes, there is one retainer who kneel in front of Toki but isn't sent with Kinemon. Could he have been sent with Momo's sister at another time ?

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

One disaster Looks like Pika and the other Looks like Polchemy (from Luffy's flashback) or Charlotte Cinemmon (or Citron).

Zoro is so gonna mess things up now. He'll sail right to Onigashima Island.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Good chapter, but not amazing. A chapter focused on a story without telling the story. Noice.

Well, I can't really empathize with it if most of the story was omitted and most of what we got was reaction shots of the Strawhats... but it must be really good if Luffy didn't fall asleep.

I don't have anything to say regarding the few things that we actually learned in this chapter, but it was an enjoyable reading nonetheless.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

The page where we can't see what Kinemon is telling them is really weird. I don;'t know if it's my fault for reading it in the wrong order but Kinemon appears laughing with Luffy about something, Sanji is awestruck by something and then Nami&co are smiling/laughing also. If this is the right order then it means Sanji caught a gist of what happend before then, hence has made a connection that the others didn't at first. They look griving in the next panels on the top again, but Sanji's one is in the middle of the "smiling" panels so idk what to make of it.

Yeah, was just thinking how there's bound to be a big flashback.

Dare I hope for the Lady Kozuki to spill the beans on some things from the past? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Those name drops were crap.. was expecting more badass character design than the smiling buddha, an old monk, sushi master and a dojo master.

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    The page where we can't see what Kinemon is telling them is really weird. I don;'t know if it's my fault for reading it in the wrong order but Kinemon appears laughing with Luffy about something, Sanji is awestruck by something and then Nami&co are smiling/laughing also. If this is the right order then it means Sanji caught a gist of what happend before then, hence has made a connection that the others didn't at first. They look griving in the next panels on the top again, but Sanji's one is in the middle of the "smiling" panels so idk what to make of it.
    He told them the whole story with ups and downs. Those reaction panels are most likely not simultaneous but at different parts of Kinemon's recount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    He told them the whole story with ups and downs. Those reaction panels are most likely not simultaneous but at different parts of Kinemon's recount.
    Yeah, it could be that. The story probabil tells also about the "Pirate Incident" 23y ago (https://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/909/13). And btw, i love that buddha monk guy.

Best part of the chapter was when Sunkist and Sauron knocked each other out and each thought he won lol

Pavement Supervisor Gecko Moria's Avatar

Hmm, so Momo’s mom is probably from the Void Century, and along with her daughter (Tama?) is probably still alive. The last retainer is the person who met with Crocus, and could also be Tama’s caretaker Tengu.

Otherwise this was a predictable chapter, excited for what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Among all the silhouetes, there is one retainer who kneel in front of Toki but isn't sent with Kinemon. Could he have been sent with Momo's sister at another time ?
    I would've guessed maybe the Tengu guy was sent to land in an earlier time period with Hiyori and she was raised undercover as Tama, but Kiku doesn't respect Tama like she does Momo. And Tengu would have to be the shittiest retainer ever to let his lord's daughter continuously run off to neighboring villages on her own and repeatedly consume poisoned food/water.

I predict a future plot thread being that Orochi kidnapped and raised Hiyori just as an extra dick move, and she'll have to be convinced to come back to the Kozuki side.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Hmm, so Momo’s mom is probably from the Void Century, and along with her daughter (Tama?) is probably still alive. The last retainer is the person who met with Crocus, and could also be Tama’s caretaker Tengu.
    Kiku knows Tama. If Tama was Momo's sister, there's no way she would just be allowed to slum it with no food in the middle of nowhere.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    I predict a future plot thread being that Orochi kidnapped and raised Hiyori just as an extra dick move, and she'll have to be convinced to come back to the Kozuki side.
    Maybe she became "Queen". None of the three silhouettes alongside Kaido looked female.

Purely coincidence

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information