+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 856: ''The Forbidden Secret! Katakuri's Merienda''

Default Re: 856: ''The Forbidden Secret! Katakuri's Merienda''

I'm so used to be disappointed in the anime but this actually surpassed my expectations. First off the pacing was spot on. There wasn't this "look at every character's expression after one of them talks" thing going on. And holy shit, the animation. The animation was top notch. I love how they animated Luffy kicking Katakuri. You could tell just how important it was, and the filler afterwards of Luffy dodging the attacks was quite fitting.

I only have two minor complaints.

1. I wish they'd stop using the same animation when Luffy goes gear 4th. Mix it up a bit.
    2. There HAS to be some other kind of filler they can do besides Luffy getting knocked around, and then falling to the ground and struggling to get up. There has to be, and I wish they'd use it.

But damn that Kong Gun was satisfying to watch. I'm actually looking forward to next week.
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooughnuts!!!! Oh! Delicious precious doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooough nuts!!!!

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    but it's also no "Search for the Wind"
    I actually loved Search for the Wind :P This opening... well... it's probably my least favorite in the series thus far.

Good episode on the whole, though. I think Toei did a really nice job of changing things up to keep them fresh by implementing the manga-styled panels.

Search for the Wind was a great opening and this thing wishes it were half as well executed.

The only reason I dont listen to it 24 hours and 7 days a week to piss off every single member of the "One Piece shouldnt have PuriKyua shit for opening" crowd is because that opening was composed by a raging asshole misoginist sexual Harasser. Yes, its true. Look it up. The song is extremely good.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    The only reason I dont listen to it 24 hours and 7 days a week to piss off every single "One Piece shouldnt have PuriKyua shit for opening" crowd is because that opening was composed by a raging asshole misoginist sexual Harasser. Yes, its true. Look it up. The song is extremely good.
    Well, this thread took an unexpected turn.

And keep in mind that this all happened before the Me Too Movement so its the guy got away with it all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information