+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Results 441 to 458 of 458

Thread: Chapter 924 : Ha*

  1. #441

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Could the mystery person in the cell be the former Shogun, Kozuki Sukiyaki ? Idk if anybody thought of this before (it's a common scenario), but instead of Oden himself, Sukiyaki could be a logic addition to this arc since he could step in when Orochi goes down and be a father figure to Momo until he comes of age.
    Kaido wouldn't be searching for Momo if he already had somebody who could read the poneglyphs.

    Purely coincidence

  2. #442
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    The Shogun would first have to be willing to read them for Kaido.

    Too many complications for it to be old Shogun, I think. Too bad Oda hid the flashback from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  3. #443

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Damn rip to that one guy who shared how he wanted the chapter to go. Why y’all shitting on him so much lol

  4. #444
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Because they have nothing better to do. If Oda did it, you bet there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  5. #445
    Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Romania

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Kaido wouldn't be searching for Momo if he already had somebody who could read the poneglyphs.
    Is it a fact that Kaidou knows of Momo's existence ? I thought nobody knows they reappeared 20y later except Raizou (cause Jack asked specifically for him). And also i think back in Zou it was said that Momonosuke didn't inherit the ability to read/write poneglyphs and thus Kaidou would not need him. Also, i bet there are others that can do that besides the shogun and Oden.

  6. #446

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by epoch View Post
    This is a coming of age story, a bildungsroman, and it is supposed to shows character growth after extreme crisis. But crisis after crisis Luffy keeps doing the same thing. Character should develop at least some to give us, if I may say, a satisfying denouement and an ending. At this rate, we will have to wait till the very end to see any. And I'm tired of this troupe where the peril of death at the hands of antagonists is non existent because it can flimsily be excused after all the build up.

    In my opinion, the excuse of breaking Luffy's will by torture, after witnessing his use of CoC even when unconscious is just lazy. Kaidou should have killed him once and for all to kill of the 20year prophesy rebellion. Maybe he is too strong to care.

    Something else; why shoot a small nail instead of a bullet to disable Law. Why is Law allowing himself get hit by bullets from someone like Hawkins when it can end his life. That is just so lazy.

    Anyway, let's hope things get tighter as the plot thickens.
    Completely disagree. One Piece, as many other mangas, is a story about a protagonist with an unflinching will, that pushes him forward against huge obstacles. The fact that he chooses to face them heads on is Luffy's growth. He is presented with the challenge of angering a Warlord as soon as he enters Grand Line: Luffy gets excited and welcomes the challenge. He is face to face with an Emperor: he challenges them. A huge dragon threatens everyone: normally a person would be scared or resort to other tactics: but Luffy chose to attack him head on and braved any fear of the huge beast: this should be inspiring and exciting for the readers, to imagine Luffy having that huge willpower and choosing to do the hard scary heads on face off. That is growth in manga. It is only the guy who punched Kaidou as soon as he saw him that will become Pirate King!

  7. #447
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by epoch View Post
    This is a coming of age story, a bildungsroman, and it is supposed to shows character growth after extreme crisis. But crisis after crisis Luffy keeps doing the same thing. Character should develop at least some to give us, if I may say, a satisfying denouement and an ending. At this rate, we will have to wait till the very end to see any. And I'm tired of this troupe where the peril of death at the hands of antagonists is non existent because it can flimsily be excused after all the build up.
    I would have to respectfully disagree here, epoch. Character development actually doesn't take center stage too much in One Piece, in comparison to say, Shinji ikari in Evangelion (a classic case which has been described as an anime "bildungsroman". I'm obviously even able to spell this German word correctly. ).


    Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

  8. #448
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    maybe bone spitter is the phaesant








  9. #449

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    damn im excited to learn more of how Kaidou operates and his empire

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I see Franky acquiring the skill to make things with seastone...maybe even some weapons to add to the ship...maybe some weapon to fight Kaidou
    One Piece ,\/,,

  10. #450
    Hawk D. Raven Sephi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma (formerly Florida)

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    damn im excited to learn more of how Kaidou operates and his empire

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I see Franky acquiring the skill to make things with seastone...maybe even some weapons to add to the ship...maybe some weapon to fight Kaidou
    that would actually be quite awesome!

    I do wonder whay developments this arc will bring... I feel like its going to be HUGE based on fights alone...but you make another interesting point: what will it do for thr Strawhats long term?

    Perhaps another bounty increase...especially if they really do take down Kaido!

    I hope to see Zoro finally face a true challenge. Everything has been too easy for him. I wonder if Robin or Brook or Usppp could gain from this. I would really like something to bring them more attention.
    I published an Epic Fantasy Novel!:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1542799449..._D3jYybVWR9N5V

  11. #451
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    that would actually be quite awesome!

    I do wonder whay developments this arc will bring... I feel like its going to be HUGE based on fights alone...but you make another interesting point: what will it do for thr Strawhats long term?

    Perhaps another bounty increase...especially if they really do take down Kaido!

    I hope to see Zoro finally face a true challenge. Everything has been too easy for him. I wonder if Robin or Brook or Usppp could gain from this. I would really like something to bring them more attention.
    Honestly, I would have rathered want to see Zoro get bitch-slapped more then Luffy. Especially by an actual samurai.

  12. #452

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Is it a fact that Kaidou knows of Momo's existence ? I thought nobody knows they reappeared 20y later except Raizou (cause Jack asked specifically for him). And also i think back in Zou it was said that Momonosuke didn't inherit the ability to read/write poneglyphs and thus Kaidou would not need him. Also, i bet there are others that can do that besides the shogun and Oden.
    Well Kaidou knows he didn’t kill Momonosuke back 20 years ago so surely if Raizo is back then that should be enough confirmation for him that all the people who didn’t get killed must have returned

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    It happens with some themes and Opera browser. It works fine on firefox and fishmen island theme
    How do you change themes

  13. #453

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post


    How do you change themes
    Left bottom corner, from the drop down menu, fishmen island is my favorite.

  14. #454

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    I would have to respectfully disagree here, epoch. Character development actually doesn't take center stage too much in One Piece, in comparison to say, Shinji ikari in Evangelion (a classic case which has been described as an anime "bildungsroman". I'm obviously even able to spell this German word correctly. ).
    This. One shouldn't be disappointed to not see character growth in One Piece because the author has not built his 900+ chapters story on that. Expecting it will only bring you disappointment. It would be similar to be disappointed because there is no romance in One Piece. That's not this kind of story. If you want a story about character growth you can read plenty of other stories and continue to enjoy One Piece for what Oda does the best.

  15. #455

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    So is it sure that fish bone guy is not kid? That whole scene is confusing.

  16. #456
    Hawk D. Raven Sephi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma (formerly Florida)

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Honestly, I would have rathered want to see Zoro get bitch-slapped more then Luffy. Especially by an actual samurai.
    I don't know about that but I do know that I wanted to see him not win so easily for a change. I want Zorro to face a true challenge, like he did against Kaku in part 1. Or like he did against Das bones in part 1. Or like Luffy did against Katakuri just last arc. Something to force Zoro to actually break a sweat and then some.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    Left bottom corner, from the drop down menu, fishmen island is my favorite.
    ooh! Sooo using the Dressrosa one now that I know AP has themes. (this is the only vbulletin forum I still use these days...havent had one with multiple themes in ages)
    I published an Epic Fantasy Novel!:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1542799449..._D3jYybVWR9N5V

  17. #457
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    So is it sure that fish bone guy is not kid? That whole scene is confusing.
    Yeah. The guards brought Luffy into a hall where the fish bone guy was, then they took him into another room and threw him into a cell next to Kid.



    Spoiler:

  18. #458

    Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    That whole scene is confusing.
    Only if you read it like if it was a recent HunterXHunter chapter.

    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. Kanwo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts