+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 548 FirstFirst ... 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,940 of 10949

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

It may be a very minor thing, and it's so minor I'm not even gonna spoiler tag it, but I like that it doesn't look like Carol herself named Goose.

Carol being a huge Star Wars nerd is a big part of why I like her in the comics, so I'm hoping future movies can still explore that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    So you don't think she'll be getting her own movie?
    I think with four Captain Marvels to choose from, and them having already skipped the first one, the newest freshest one with a more unique power set, attitude, race and religion that hasn't really been represented yet, and whose entire gimmick is that she's the setup as a "next generation" hero following is the most likely if the franchise does at well.

Monica can absolutely show up and sidekick, ala War Machine, but Captain Marvel would have to be a ridiculous hit to warrant giving her a spinoff. (They've barely even gotten Black Widow going.)

After they've cranked out three Captain Marvel movies, if there's still gas in that tank, Khamala is certainly the next in line for a film in like, 2028.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    The exact same thing happened with the latest season of Doctor Who, too. So yeah, some people seem to think that having a female lead automatically makes your product "SJW Propaganda"
    TO BE FAIR

uggh

Please note I'm not defending those assholes or their starting bias against the new Who season before they ever even saw it based entirely on the new lead. And that I am about to use "SJW" unironically purely as a cultural shorthand to lump in all that it implies, good and bad, but I feel dirty in doing so.

But.

TO BE FAIR
    The new season of Doctor Who started by loading up on a whole batch of racially diverse companions and then proceeded to actually focus really heavily on social and racial politics for multiple episodes, such as an episode about Rosa Parks and another about the Partition of India, during which people's races and religions were major discussion points.... rather than focus on alien robot invasions.

It actually IS a legit case of the current showrunner doing a major swerve on the tone of the established franchise in order to focus on SJW politics and issues into a show that largely has just ignored the racial stuff in the past. Who has dipped its toe very lightly in those waters from time to time, but moooost of the time "oh you have a girl wearing the union jack on her shirt during WW2" or "oh, you have a black companion, is she your servant?" are given a line or two of cheeky dialogue and then the historical issues are glossed over entirely, if they're ever brought up at all. Most of the time it's just ignored.

A lot of the season has felt a lot more like Quantum Leap, which dealt with those issues all the time (30 years ago!) rather than Doctor Who which is traditionally only able to go as far as "The Pepper shaker robots are a Nazi allegory."

Add onto that the fact that the current doctor is kind of .... dull? And has no really interesting quirks besides "being a woman for the first time" and a lot of the stories have been pretty dull, all while ignoring the entire archive of a rogue's gallery... well... The actress is fine but she's not leaving much of an impression, be that because of the scripts or just what she's actually bringing, I dunno.

It actually IS a legit case of SJW progressiveness completely stamping into a show to push a message, and not subtly or gradually.

Not for the reasons the assholes are citing out of hand, because the same show with the same scripts but having a male doctor in the role would STILL be a heavy slide into that territory... and it would still be a pretty dull and boring season. So... they're right? But not for the reasons they think they are.
    Last edited by Robby; March 14th, 2019 at 11:32 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I'm really curious what the hell the plot of this going to be. I mean, making a 2½hour blockbuster out of "The Avengers go to Thanos farm and demands he comes out of retirement to fight them" sounds very unexciting.
    Maybe they'll focus on the characters since they are getting rid of some. Generic plot but good character beats?

I like the trailer. It gives you a feel of the movie but not a plot.
    Last edited by desa; March 14th, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

Rumors going back a while for Infinity War suggest that... and uhm, spoiler, because its sort of speculation, but if its true it might actually be a huge spoiler

Spoiler:
    Timetravel will be involved and that will be a lot of the movie's focus, taking us back to the first versions of the characters we saw like 10 years ago.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Cap with his shield back, can't tell if that's a flashback memory or actual last-fight footage.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    There is no way Talus is forgettable.
    I thought he was pretty forgettable, too. Felt like a character on a random episode of a decent cartoon. I truly didn't get the hype for Mendelson at all. Samuel L was the only performance that I really enjoyed.

Black Widow with red hair and Cap with his real shield makes me happy and ready.

World is ending everyone is depressed
    Better make sure my hair is back in red

-War has started-

DCU- And we are hopelessly outgunned.

I'm guessing her hair being long and red is to show a passage of time. Instead of having a proper montage song.

The last scene on the trailer doesnt make sense. Why is Thor and Black Widow with their Infinity War Looks but Captain Marvel is there too. Did she travel trought time to that day before the snap?

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
    The last scene on the trailer doesnt make sense. Why is Thor and Black Widow with their Infinity War Looks but Captain Marvel is there too. Did she travel trought time to that day before the snap?
    Spoiler:
    Watch Captain Marvel to learn why

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Spoiler:
    Watch Captain Marvel to learn why
    Spoiler:
    I did, but check Black Widow's hair, in the post credit she has long red hair and in the trailer is blonde and short

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
    Spoiler:
    I did, but check Black Widow's hair, in the post credit she has long red hair and in the trailer is blonde and short
    Spoiler:
    Wut??, you might be mixing up stuff, Black Widow doesn't have red hair on the post credit scene, you confused me, but thankfully a quick search on google image showed me Black Widow with short blonde hair

Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Hey, now he directs both the suicide squad and guardians team up movies, lmao. Props to disney to admit their mistake at least, even if it took a while.

I just hope both movies will have a different feel between them.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Am I remembering incorrectly or wasn't Kevin Feige being on vacation at the time and thus unable to point out how stupid it was to react that way a big part of why he got fired in the first place?
    Complicating things since 2009.

So Disney changed their mind?

I just think there was just some overreaction about the entire James Gunn thing. I mean did anyone look at his past resume which includes the movies, Tromeo and Juliet and Super. Anyway, its good news that he's back to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information