+ Reply to Thread
Page 548 of 567 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538 546 547 548 549 550 558 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 11331

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

I would like him to do Suicide Squat first. Some of the Marvel sequels have been coming out too fast. I want the actors to grow older etc.

i'll post my full thoughts on Captain Marvel some other time. I saw it last thurday, and really liked it overall. Not one of my favorites, but still enjoyable. I think this would have felt much better for me had it come at the end of Phase 2, kind of like where Ant-Man ended up coming out. It just feels odd in retrospect for such a powerful gamechanging hero to be introduced in an ominous way, and then to get a very "phase 1" feeling solo film.

I was actually very surprised and happy with the references to Agents of SHIELD made in it. Nothing huge and nothing too plot relevant, but in specifics with things with the Kree

Spoiler:

The inhibitor chip in Carol reminds me of the ones put on the Inhumans in the future held under the Kree as slaves.

The second one, and bigger one, is the use of Kree blood. While the movie never specified if Carol died after the accident, or was simply severely injured, it was shown in Agents of SHIELD that Kree blood can heal people of life threatening injuries(Daisy in season 1) or revive someone dead for over a week(Coulson). And in Coulson's case, he also had his memory tampered with as it was shown that others revived without the initial memory tampering would go crazy and start writing in Kree.

Incidentally, the movie does actually serve as a nice round way of how Furry would know to make medicine from Kree blood. And of course, the idea of Project TAHITI(using Kree blood) was to revive a fallen Avenger. It makes sense that Furry would know of how to revive an Avenger, based on Carol "The Avenger"'s experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    i'll post my full thoughts on Captain Marvel some other time. I saw it last thurday, and really liked it overall. Not one of my favorites, but still enjoyable. I think this would have felt much better for me had it come at the end of Phase 2, kind of like where Ant-Man ended up coming out. It just feels odd in retrospect for such a powerful gamechanging hero to be introduced in an ominous way, and then to get a very "phase 1" feeling solo film.

I was actually very surprised and happy with the references to Agents of SHIELD made in it. Nothing huge and nothing too plot relevant, but in specifics with things with the Kree

Spoiler:

The inhibitor chip in Carol reminds me of the ones put on the Inhumans in the future held under the Kree as slaves.

The second one, and bigger one, is the use of Kree blood. While the movie never specified if Carol died after the accident, or was simply severely injured, it was shown in Agents of SHIELD that Kree blood can heal people of life threatening injuries(Daisy in season 1) or revive someone dead for over a week(Coulson). And in Coulson's case, he also had his memory tampered with as it was shown that others revived without the initial memory tampering would go crazy and start writing in Kree.

Incidentally, the movie does actually serve as a nice round way of how Furry would know to make medicine from Kree blood. And of course, the idea of Project TAHITI(using Kree blood) was to revive a fallen Avenger. It makes sense that Furry would know of how to revive an Avenger, based on Carol "The Avenger"'s experience
    Spoiler:
    Good point, although we already saw a similar control disc used in Thor: Ragnarok too. Those appeared far more effective at controlling the subject compared to Carol's which burnt off, while Thor's strongest powerup didn't manage to fry his. The Kree could have benefited from some of Sakaar's technology. Should have made friends with the Grandmaster, LOL.

I didn't understand that bit about Carol's nose bleeding blue blood in her very first flashback, or why she saw a Skrull shooting her and Mar-Vell when it was Yon-Rogg. Yon-Rogg revealed that he gave her a transfusion of his own blood when he met with the impostor, but it wasn't clear WHY that was the case or why it had any significance since she didn't get her power from that the way Inhumans did, it came from the infusion of energy from the Tesseract engine (the first known instance of a human being empowered by an Infinity Stone, even before Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) and the way it looked, she didn't appear to have been ripped apart by the blast, but either needed blood anyway or giving her the transfusion would give them some means of controlling her. Like maybe that inhibitor thing wouldn't work without her having some Kree DNA or something. It didn't make a lot of sense there.

That said, I don't really know what would make Fury think that Kree blood could revive or heal humans. To my recollection, the only dead aliens they had any specimens of were Skrulls, and Carol's transfusion played so little significance that it doesn't really wash. So whatever Kree they recovered after the fact that was used for TAHITI had to have been found later on and any effects its blood had on people had to have been stumbled upon entirely by accident. I wouldn't mind seeing that flashback explored on Agents of SHIELD but this movie didn't prep us for all that on its own. Even if Fury assumed that Kree blood was allegedly compatible with human (if Carol really needed it after the blast), there's no way that would be a viable hypothesis because she was empowered by the Tesseract and other humans weren't, so there's that major physiological difference to consider.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

How does the Disney stock go down after acquiring FOX?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    No one's watching the X-men without Huge Jackman

Discovered Stowaway

Because it's Fox.

I don't know if anyone has had a similar experience at Captain Marvel, but I started a wave of clapping among the other theater patrons at the end of the logo where it said "Thank You, Stan", both times I saw it. I literally just clapped twice and it started the whole theater applauding, which I thought was kind of funny, so when I went to see it the second time, I did it again just to see if I could get the same kind of reaction, and it was even more raucous of an applause the second time. I can't wait to see what Endgame does so I can experiment with audience manipulation some more. LOL.

I like to think it might have something to do with them closing down Fox 2000 studios and laying off people following the merger but the Stock market has never been my forte.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Watched Captain Marvel. Was never bored and there wasn't any development I disliked, but it still wasn't a very memorable film overall. The villain being boring is basically a crime for a Phase 3 Marvel film. A movie I would buy at a thrift store and watch to kill time.

Spoiler:

I watched parts of Cap Marvel. I enjoyed the hell out of Fury especially with the cat(there's really no trace of the guy he will become) and Carol wasn't bad she even had some good lines. I also enjoyed old shield despite how obvious the joke is.
    I really enjoyed the family. Shame she wasn't in more.

I'm sorry, it's too funny.

Endgame reported to be 3 hours long. Holy....

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Endgame reported to be 3 hours long. Holy....
    Infinity War was 2 and a half hours. Which makes sense when you have a million characters to juggle.

That was also too damn long when the entire movie was death, death, death, death, death.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I don't mind at all. It's the end of a 21 movie saga. It has earned this length.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't mind at all. It's the end of a 21 movie saga. It has earned this length.
    Except its not. Like 80% of the brands still have loose ends and will keep going after.

Its almost certainly the end for Tony and Steve, because Downey feels he's getting too old, and Evans is tired of the constant work outs and wants to direct) but everyone else is up in the air and can keep going. Thor might be done but Helmsworth has indicated he's cool with doing it more if they do more things like Ragnarok. Hulk is CGI so it doesn't matter how long Ruffallo stays on but since he doesn't have to be in super good shape he could do it for a while.) Strange, Panther, Spiderman, Marvel, Guardians, probably Ant-Man are all getting more films. The cast of Cap's franchise can continue without him. Black Widow is getting her own movie.

It will be a wrap to the Infinity Stones stuff, and the final Stan Lee cameo, so there is that.
    Last edited by Robby; March 24th, 2019 at 05:31 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I can take this movie being 3 hour long, but for the love of Stan Lee, please, put an interlude in the middle to pee, a proper true interlude, not a quiet scene that last too long.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

If this film is as engaging as Infinity War was, I don't mind the length. Infinity War's 2 1/2 hours just flew by for me, I was just too entertained by basically every scene. And tonight I'll finally see Captain Marvel! I'm stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Except its not. Like 80% of the brands still have loose ends and will keep going after.

Its almost certainly the end for Tony and Steve, because Downey feels he's getting too old, and Evans is tired of the constant work outs and wants to direct) but everyone else is up in the air and can keep going. Thor might be done but Helmsworth has indicated he's cool with doing it more if they do more things like Ragnarok. Hulk is CGI so it doesn't matter how long Ruffallo stays on but since he doesn't have to be in super good shape he could do it for a while.) Strange, Panther, Spiderman, Marvel, Guardians, probably Ant-Man are all getting more films. The cast of Cap's franchise can continue without him. Black Widow is getting her own movie.

It will be a wrap to the Infinity Stones stuff, and the final Stan Lee cameo, so there is that.
    It's 100 percent the end of a saga. You'd think on a One Piece forum folks would understand the connotations that word has, but I'll just leave this article which describes an interview in which Kevin Fiege explicitly names the first three phases of the MCU The Infinity Saga. If it wasn't by name, I feel that Captain Marvel being positioned as a second sort of beginning, and once again, being framed around the tesseract, is proof enough that the stones are what binds these stories together, as much as the Avengers themselves.

A proper saga is more closed off than that. It has a very specific beginning, middle and end. The pieces are more a part of that story.

In this a huuuge chunk of the pieces are going to still be flying around after. Maybe if Guardians 3 was wrapped inside of it so that everything in that plot thread was an actual end for it, if there was no chance of more Thor, if they hadn't JUST started five other franchises to continue afterward, it'd be different. Maybe if Hulk or Thor 2 or Spiderman:Homecoming had anything to do with the rest of it. Maybe if the big plot threads JUST started in Strange and Marvel weren't so looming.

It's definitely the end of the current story arc, but too many pieces are separated and still ongoing to fairly lump it all together under a single umbrella of a finished saga when massive chunks of story won't be finished off by it, and other parts had little to nothing to do with it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It's 100 percent the end of a saga. You'd think on a One Piece forum folks would understand the connotations that word has,
    One Piece fans also insist Water 7, Enies Lobby, and Water 7 return are separate story arcs, that Skypeia and Foxy are filler, and try to label the entirety of the pretimeskip as the "Super Rookies Saga", and has no idea how to break up the New World stuff. Plus, prior to the timeskip, they labeled things "East Blue Saga" "Alabasta Saga" "Skypeia Saga" etc, and then decided after the timeskip they were just arcs after all. The One Piece community is nuts when it comes to labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    A proper saga is more closed off than that. It has a very specific beginning, middle and end. The pieces are more a part of that story.

In this a huuuge chunk of the pieces are going to still be flying around after. Maybe if Guardians 3 was wrapped inside of it so that everything in that plot thread was an actual end for it, if there was no chance of more Thor, if they hadn't JUST started five other franchises to continue afterward, it'd be different. Maybe if Hulk or Thor 2 or Spiderman:Homecoming had anything to do with the rest of it. Maybe if the big plot threads JUST started in Strange and Marvel weren't so looming.

It's definitely the end of the current story arc, but too many pieces are separated and still ongoing to fairly lump it all together under a single umbrella of a finished saga when massive chunks of story won't be finished off by it, and other parts had little to nothing to do with it overall.

One Piece fans also insist Water 7, Enies Lobby, and Water 7 return are separate story arcs, that Skypeia and Foxy are filler, and try to label the entirety of the pretimeskip as the "Super Rookies Saga", and has no idea how to break up the New World stuff. Plus, prior to the timeskip, they labeled things "East Blue Saga" "Alabasta Saga" "Skypeia Saga" etc, and then decided after the timeskip they were just arcs after all. The One Piece community is nuts when it comes to labels.
    You have a narrow definition of what a saga is and all the paragraphs in the world you write aren't going to convince me that Kevin Fiege, the actual visionary and leader behind the MCU, is wrong in calling the first 22 parts a saga instead of an arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information