+ Reply to Thread
Page 572 of 572 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 562 570 571 572
Results 11,421 to 11,437 of 11437

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

On netflix, theres a series called "The Chef Show", and the second episode has Robert Downey, Tom Holland, the Russos and Kevin Feige. Stuff like Tom Holland's screen tests comes up. It's fun.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Thor 4 pretty much confirmed.

Lets just all admit is being made to make fun of DC not being capable of making one good Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

Lets just all admit is being made to make fun of DC not being capable of making one good Superman movie.
    Eh, Shazam shows they can do it. THey just havent done it with Supes himself since the 70's.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    On netflix, theres a series called "The Chef Show", and the second episode has Robert Downey, Tom Holland, the Russos and Kevin Feige. Stuff like Tom Holland's screen tests comes up. It's fun.
    Is this the show where Paltrow kept insisting she wasn't in Homecoming to Jon Faveru?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

Would kind of be a bit backhanded considering no one's made a good Fantastic Four movie ever. All but one of the Wolverine movies sucked. And looping back to the Thor films while they were successful the only one that people seem to care about the most is ironically the third movie which as everyone knows tends to be the weaker films in a series/franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I honestly enjoyed all the Thor movies, each one had great moments. Yes, I even enjoyed Dark World, I really loved that final battle sequence along with Loki changing his form to Thor which included Captain America. Though I do think I enjoyed Ragnarok the most out of the three of them.

Signature:
    Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

It's time for Beta Ray Bill!

Oh me? I'm just here to defend, The Wolverine. Not the popular consensus, but I like it more than I do Logan by a fair bit. As for Thor, Ragnarok>Thor 1>>>>>>Thor 2. I'm hoping they get a really great villain this time. I wanted to like Hela a lot more, but she didn't work for me, dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Oh me? I'm just here to defend, The Wolverine. Not the popular consensus, but I like it more than I do Logan by a fair bit. As for Thor, Ragnarok>Thor 1>>>>>>Thor 2. I'm hoping they get a really great villain this time. I wanted to like Hela a lot more, but she didn't work for me, dawg.
    Agree completely on your take on Thor's films.

And...I kind of agree with you with Wolverine's movie.

I like "The Wolverine" in the sense that it's a nice, self contained Wolverine film. Outside of the end credit scene, someone who knows next to nothing about Wolverine could walk into this movie and see a great action film set in Japan about this torn up Mutant with a mysterious past who grapples with his mortality, or lack thereof.

And while I love many of the ideas and depictions shown in Logan, what kills me is how HALF tied in it is to the rest of Wolverine's film appearances.

If someone saw just the first X-men film, or the first two, then saw nothing until Logan...well it'd honestly probably feel like the perfect trilogy.

In my personal opinion, Logan is ruined because of the shit show that is the continuity of the entire Fox X-men film franchise.

After what is personally my favorite X-film, Days of Futures Past, it resets all the fuckery at that point in the X-men films history. It left it ambiguous enough to suggest that certain things would be very different(Mystique being good, Jean and Scott living). It served as honestly the perfect open ending to the first X-men trilogy. Nothing suggests the stigma around Mutants are any better, just that the X-men as a team are alive and fighting the fight another day. It left it well enough for the prequel films to tell good stories with a new cast, while putting a nice end to the first cast.

Now Singer and Kinberg destroying the prequel series aside, Logan unfortunately completely undoes that good ending. The only way I can rationalize enjoying Logan when I watch it is to imagine it is in it's own unique timeline.

Mostly just because it depresses the fuck out of me to imagine after the "Hey the X-men live to fight the good fight for Mutants!" ending of DOFP ends up into "Actually you've been genocided, Xavier killed his beloved students, and some Mutants MIGHT survive".

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Logan is bad by any means. As a film in it's own right, it's entertaining, well shot, great acting, including a GREAT child actor performance. But after nearly two decades of X films, it just puts just a bad taste in my mouth that in the southern trailer park orgy dumpster fuck that is the continuity of this franchise, it ends with Xavier accidentally killing a few X-men, loosing the school, Mutants being all but killed off(after SAVING their race in DOFP), and ending in a future for mutants that looks downright awful given the track record of them at the end of Logan.

So while I can enjoy Logan for what it is, and for all the things that make it shine as a GREAT film in it's ownright, in terms of ranking it in a series of films around Wolverine, "The Wolverine" is a more enjoyable film for that character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

To be fair in the comics the mutants future is always shit.

Continuity is a luxury even with the same authors, getting tied up in it is just not worth it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Logan is bad by any means. As a film in it's own right, it's entertaining, well shot, great acting, including a GREAT child actor performance. But after nearly two decades of X films, it just puts just a bad taste in my mouth that in the southern trailer park orgy dumpster fuck that is the continuity of this franchise, it ends with Xavier accidentally killing a few X-men, loosing the school, Mutants being all but killed off(after SAVING their race in DOFP), and ending in a future for mutants that looks downright awful given the track record of them at the end of Logan.
    Could've been worse they could've went the original premise and had Logan kill them himself though without Mysterio or some Hand influencing that could've made things weird.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    To be fair in the comics the mutants future is always shit.
    Pretty much I read "What if Magneto Formed The X-Men" and while things are better for Mutants and X-Men in that story Sentinels still exist in that story because well they do.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Would kind of be a bit backhanded considering no one's made a good Fantastic Four movie ever.
    Brad Bird's done two of them. One in 2004, and one last year. The first one was amazing and the second one was okay.

All but one of the Wolverine movies sucked.
    You can't hold the mistakes of the Fox studio against the main Marvel studio.

And looping back to the Thor films while they were successful the only one that people seem to care about the most is ironically the third movie which as everyone knows tends to be the weaker films in a series/franchise.
    Because they didn't figure out what to DO with Thor until the third film. His second movie is generally just forgotten or ignored as pointless. But they got it now and handled him great in 3 and the Avengers movies, so now we can get good Thor.

Can't they just gave She-Hulk her own movie just so Hulk can have a second movie?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Can't they just gave She-Hulk her own movie just so Hulk can have a second movie?
    Hulk is complicated because the rights to a full blown solo movie still belong to a different studio.

He can appear in crossovers, but solo its a different can of worms.

They got shit worked out for Spiderman so I'm sure they could manage there too... but given they've already done Planet Hulk there aren't a whole lot of obvious big Hulk stories left to go to unless they adapt his grey hulk mobster era stuff... and that doesn't seem like it would fit where they left the character after Endgame.

Taika will release Jojo Rabbit this October, a movie he's written, directed and acted in (as Adolf Hitler. Yes.) Then he'll write and direct (and I hope, act again as Korg) in Thor 4. And then he's going to do Akira. Oh, and this year he's also directed 3 episodes of the TV Series adaptation of "What we do in the shadows". And he'll be part of The Mandalorian TV Series.

My question is not when does this guy sleep/eat/live. My question is. . .when is he gonna find the time to do "We're Wolves"?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Brad Bird's done two of them. One in 2004, and one last year. The first one was amazing and the second one was okay.
    That'd being the case why they'd go from the first two into Trank's "attempt". The only time I've seen something like that is with Marc Webb's Spider-Man movies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information