+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shaman King Omake and TV Specials?

Default Re: Shaman King Omake and TV Specials?

:g rin::gri n:

I know Shaman King got a bit lost after a certain point, there's a reason why it got cancelled. But there's also a reason why it kept enough of a fan-base to warrant the kanzenbang realeases, with the actual end of the story, when it's good it really connects with me.
    Lil tidbit, my nickname on this forum (and other places) is Folha because it means Leaf in my native portuguese. Yoh's name is written with the kanji for, you guessed it, Leaf.

Cannot fucking wait!!!

And for anyone interested, here's a great vid/interview with the author, Hiroyuki Takei

Will be curious to see if any of the original's voice cast and ost are used for this, since that was the reason Takei declined the previous proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenness View Post
    Will be curious to see if any of the original's voice cast and ost are used for this, since that was the reason Takei declined the previous proposals.
    The opening's used in the teaser so probably.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Give him normal lips or make him lipless like the rest, easy.
    Hao was the pay-to-win shaman while the rest where filthy grinding scrubs so of course a deus ex would be necessary but imo
    Spoiler:
    The spoiled brat Hao being hit with the Soul Train and regaining a little of humanity is better than Ichigo's kid effortlessly vanquishing the almighty Yhwach or the space bunny goddess race harvesting planets (thanks Boruto you took a awful concept and turned up to 11).
    Eh not for nothing but it doesn't sound any better really especially after all that buildup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    The opening's used in the teaser so probably.
    Yeah that's what is giving me hope currently, but can never be too sure in case any compromises were made.

Another thing I am hoping is that unlike many anime reboots this adaptation won't blast through all of the chapters that are already adapted in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Eh not for nothing but it doesn't sound any better really especially after all that buildup.
    I'm not arguing that it wasn't a train wreck, heh, but imo I seen worse train wrecks.

Would Japan even care if they remade and anime with an offensive character even in 2020? Has an anime greatly changed a core character's features for anime before?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Would Japan even care if they remade and anime with an offensive character even in 2020? Has an anime greatly changed a core character's features for anime before?
    Hanji and Pitou were turned in definitely females in the anime whereas in the manga they are androgynous and unconfirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Hanji and Pitou were turned in definitely females in the anime whereas in the manga they are androgynous and unconfirmed.
    That's not really changing the design though. They didn't look any different and their gender didn't really matter that much or at least wasn't much of a plot point. Making Choco look different by altering his lips, possibly changing his name and omitting the Gang relations and prison stint is a lot.

New teaser trailer is out.

My greatest wish is if we could get the 4Kids English cast back without the 4Kids censorship. And yeah, for that to happen it'd have to be union, since a lot of the main cast like Sebastian Arcelus and Andrew Rannells are pretty big time now. Maybe it won't be possible to get the whole gang back together, but if Mike Sinterniklaas' company NYAV gets to handle it, maybe...

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    My greatest wish is if we could get the 4Kids English cast back without the 4Kids censorship. And yeah, for that to happen it'd have to be union, since a lot of the main cast like Sebastian Arcelus and Andrew Rannells are pretty big time now. Maybe it won't be possible to get the whole gang back together, but if Mike Sinterniklaas' company NYAV gets to handle it, maybe...
    I also hope this as well. In my opinion, Shaman King and Ultimate Muscle were 4Kids best dubs.

BAD MOD! BAD! You cant say 4Kids did anything good on a One Piece Forum!
    Last edited by Captain Krupp; September 16th, 2020 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Dont Ban Me. PLEASE dont ban me!

Hmmm this sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    You can't?

Guess me Robby and everyone else that liked the 2003 TMNT series might have to delete all our positive comments about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The NY actors are great in general. Much of the hit or miss nature of 4Kids dubs is the aforementioned censorship combined with the script choices and voice direction. The 4Kids dub was quite good considering all that, and I think the majority of the actors would do an even better job on a new dub with less kid-focused bottlenecking (and less forced accents).
    Last edited by Shift; September 17th, 2020 at 03:02 AM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

awesome anime, will re run this

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    You can't really said that. Yeah, 4kids were pretty bad how they handle One Piece and some of their other show. But they did give us in my opinion, the best adaption of TMNT. As well a really good dub of Shaman King and Ultimate Muscle (Heck, if it wasn't for 4kids, we wouldn't had the 2nd season of Ultimate Muscle).

Video unavailable. Okay.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Can we all agree that Billy was the best filler character in the history of anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    You can't really said that. Yeah, 4kids were pretty bad how they handle One Piece and some of their other show. But they did give us in my opinion, the best adaption of TMNT. As well a really good dub of Shaman King and Ultimate Muscle (Heck, if it wasn't for 4kids, we wouldn't had the 2nd season of Ultimate Muscle).
    Im kidding! Im just kidding. After all I think the Shaman King dub was pretty great! And the uncut dub was even better!

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

I'm all for this.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information