+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shaman King Omake and TV Specials?

Discovered Stowaway AnimeForever's Avatar

Default Shaman King Omake and TV Specials?

Sorry for asking yet another Shaman King releated question. As you can probably tell I really love this anime just as much as One Piece

I read somewhere that beside the TV series of Shaman King there is a Movie and some TV specials but I can not find any evidence as to their existance. I have also herd of the OVA which I think is called Shaman King Omake which can be downloaded on some torret sites but I am not 100% sure on what it is.

I did a google search under these name but came up hopeless. Is there anybody out there who could possibly provide a link to a site which tells me all about them or even tell me through their own words what they are or even if they exist? <3

Please and Thank you and sorry for all of the questions

hmm.... try Wikipedia?
    Anyways, wikipedia says:
    Special 1: The Documents of the Shaman Fight
    Special 2: (Yujo no Katachi) The Form that Friendship Takes
    Special 3: (Ai no Katachi) The Form that Love Takes

You could also use Anime News Network
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Quote Originally Posted by yokaiforte
    hmm.... try Wikipedia?
    Anyways, wikipedia says:
    Special 1: The Documents of the Shaman Fight
    Special 2: (Yujo no Katachi) The Form that Friendship Takes
    Special 3: (Ai no Katachi) The Form that Love Takes

You could also use Anime News Network
    OH........Thank you so much. I have never herd of wikipedia before :mellow:

Cool signature by the way

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

May I ask a question, AnimeForever? Out of curiosity?

How did you feel about the Shaman King ending? I am not sure about how things turned out in the manga, but I know the Anime, like Inu-Yasha, was a huge disappointment. Not to spoil anything (though is there anything to be spoiled), but did you like how things turned out for Yoh?

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    May I ask a question, AnimeForever? Out of curiosity?

How did you feel about the Shaman King ending? I am not sure about how things turned out in the manga, but I know the Anime, like Inu-Yasha, was a huge disappointment. Not to spoil anything (though is there anything to be spoiled), but did you like how things turned out for Yoh?

Thanks for asking Malintex_Terek but to be honest, I haven't seen the ending yet (manga or Anime) XD I have only been watching the series for 6 months now and up to episode 20 in the dub (YTV are now re-running 10-20 once a week :banghead: so I don't know when new epiosdes will start) and in the Jap version, well i have seen up to episode 10. I have gotten most my info through spoilers :ohmy: on AMV's, sites and by flicking quickly through the episode downloads I have. Manga wise, well I am up to book 5 I think! From what I have seen of the ending it does look a little strange and has a surpising outcome. I herd about how disapointing it was to some people which makes me sad. I am unsure what happens to Yoh in the end but one thing I do know is that the story is continued from where the series left off in the manga version so I think that once I have finished up the anime and read to that point in the manga, I will read on with the manga and see if if things are made clear =) Maybe after that, we can talk about the ending together

Sorry I could not be of any help

P.s. Out of curiosity, would you happen to have any recorded dub episodes lying around your place? <_<

Yeah the ending of the anime sucks if you want to read farther ahead of viz i have a site for you to read if you want

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

check out stoptazmo.com for the manga up to like 150+

Actually, now it's up to chapter 161

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

i didnt know what chapter exactly. My brother reads it and i remember downloading something around there

Whew, glad I didn't spoil anything.

So, the Shaman King manga is still being serialized? That's good to hear; I was extremely annoyed with the Anime ending, as well as in a fit of dire rage with the endings of the Inu-Yasha anime, and both the Ranma 1/2 anime/manga. I think the Ranma 1/2 manga had me bashing a few heads; Takahashi was criminal to end this so abruptly. >=(

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    Whew, glad I didn't spoil anything.

So, the Shaman King manga is still being serialized? That's good to hear; I was extremely annoyed with the Anime ending, as well as in a fit of dire rage with the endings of the Inu-Yasha anime, and both the Ranma 1/2 anime/manga. I think the Ranma 1/2 manga had me bashing a few heads; Takahashi was criminal to end this so abruptly. >=(

I am not sure of its recent status, but last I heard the manga got cancelled and was left with no ending.

Wikipedia says the manga ended, but I know full well of the inaccuracies such a website is capable of, so I will disregard that information.

However, why would a company like Viz license a manga they know has no ending? Readers would be outraged; even if the manga was cancelled after Viz aquired the licensing rights, what would the company say to English readers? Ye gods.

yeah i checked wikipedia too it said it had an ending short story... man this sucks. tho it has 285 chapters thats what wikipedia said

Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Quote Originally Posted by warp
    yeah i checked wikipedia too it said it had an ending short story... man this sucks. tho it has 285 chapters thats what wikipedia said
    Don't accept everything Wikipedia says as fact; I wouldn't use that website for anything more than getting the "jist" of a topic, or for link refferrals.. I have...an embarassing story I no longer wish to share regarding potential abuses first hand, so accept this notion from experience.

After a few minutes of searching, I found this.

http://www.forosdz.com/foro/archive/...p/t-39153.html

-=[Possible] Spoiler Warning=-

So, Yoh did become Shaman King, and everyone's going to visit him?

-=End Spoiler=-

spoilers:

i translated it on bablefish though it was a very crappy translation of the guy who translated it. It seems hao became the shaman king or something. Though the art seems very different from the art in volume 8 it kinda looks worse.

-=spoiler=-

Technically, Yoh *is* Hao; the original Hao (Yoh's ancestor) has continual reincarnations in his efforts to become a Shaman King, and in his most recent one, his soul split into two factions, one becoming Yoh and the other the "Hao" better known as "Zeke" in the 4Kids dub. That's an ambiguous ending, if I ever heard one. Meh~

-=end spoiler=-

tho isnt that in the anime only

Not sure, as I do not read Shaman King. Apparently, we do have an abrupt end in the manga, though there's an ambiguous "optimistic" end in the Anime. Both are pretty bad, I must say. :glare:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information