+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

Based on what they said about fighting back against the guards, fishbone guy may have lost something. And I wonder who is the warden, king?

So we will see Crocodile buying weapons from Wano ?

Some gun deal was mentioned, I imagine that Crocodile would be second after Doflamingo when it comes to underworld deals.. Maybe he is the one who was hinted at by King, Queen and Jack conversation in earlier chapter?

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    Master Dobon. Just Master Dobon.

Another, more serious thing: Did I read that right, amputation is punishment? I didn't see Kid's left arm anywhere, so I guess he indeed talked back to the guards and they decided to take his metal arm?
    Since we saw him just with his metal arm after the timeskip, I guess he lost it somewhen during those 2 years. Maybe that is the reason why he is after Shanks:"Guy also has just one arm, but he can't make a metal one like me, so he's gotta be handicapped." If he only knew Shanks better...
    EDIT: you can tell he isn't amused about the Amputation-punishment:"If they amputate my arm, I have no arms left."
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Based on what they said about fighting back against the guards, fishbone guy may have lost something. And I wonder who is the warden, king?
    Queen probably. King hinted it in the last chapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

VISIT SITE:
    Dawn Of One Piece
    One Piece Collection

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Geez, it seems that I'll only get disappointed if I hope to get an "act" more focused on the other Strawhats (or somebody else in the alliance) instead of more Luffy. Damn! But I won't get more upset than I should because this stuff with Luffy & Kidd would have to come eventually... although I'll keep praying to the heavens to give Oda the strenght to take his eyes away from Luffy for some time during Wano.

Putting my grievance aside and looking at the chapter on its own merits... welll, I actually didn't enjoy Luffy and Kidd's chemistry in this chapter too. Honestly, that was a very bland presentation of the typical "competitive rivalry" that we've seen many times before. Also, their bonding could have been developed from something more unique than "joining forces to defeat fodder".

I'm not a fan of this chapter. Hopefully, we'll get something more meaningful next time.
    My thoughts exactly. Unsurprisingly, Kid comes of as a Zoro rehash this chapter.

What a fantastic chapter. Been a while since I've laughed so much at a manga chapter, in general, not just One Piece. Oda was on a roll here for the entire 18 pages.

Not just the comedy though; the first pages are kinda subdued, but they work wonders to get us in "the mood". When Oda goes micro instead of macro, when he lets himself get into the details of the story, the characterization, the humor, and not just "boom, revelation!" he can be just as good, if not straight up better. This chapter is proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Man, you think all this prison stuff is gonna be all grim and rough and then bam, the One Piece kicks in! Seeing Luffy and Kid go all out was delightful, and it's a great way for them to build a rapport.

Didn't catch Caribou in the prison at first, but cool that he's gotten there too. Anime watchers are gonna be a bit confused as to how he got from Fishman Island to a Wano prison, but oh well, if Toei didn't explain Jinbe's Poneglyph then they're not gonna explain this (even though I love his cover story and want to see it animated ;_;)

Oda just keeps topping himself with the SMILE user designs, and I wonder how anyone is gonna top Dobon. Having a character's legs be the bottom lip of a hippo is not something normal people think about...

Overall, an absolute classic. Perhaps my least favorite part was Nami's scene, perhaps it was a bit overdone, but I would prefer that over a super serious spy montage.
    Agree with everything you said, except the Nami scene. I loved it! Shinobu is hilarious. The cat moment alone was worth it. "oh, it's just a cat" "AAAAAARGH!" "Wait, it's a cat and A PERSON!".

Another highlight: "Say something!" "Fully chew your food before swallowing".

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

Seems Sunkist might have a competition with another chef.
    The only thing I didn't quite get from the chapter was that (second) shadowey silouette, who I guess was getting annoyed by Sanji? I'd love it if it was as you say a competitor chef.

Sanji's bout to get challenged to a shokugeki

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    The only thing I didn't quite get from the chapter was that (second) shadowey silouette, who I guess was getting annoyed by Sanji? I'd love it if it was as you say a competitor chef.
    Just the first thing I thought of. Only someone who works with food would be that bothered by a new chef in town making waiting lines.

Since he calls Sanji a boy, I doubt it's a biggest ladies man on the island or something like that.

It seems like the WG is really moving on something big, as the officials made the comment that “are they going to start a war” based on the size of the sea stone weapon shipment. Maybe more credence to the thoughts of the WG going against the Shichi.

I really liked this chapter. Good to see Kidd and Liffy getting prison buff, even with seastone shackles on. Kidd was at a higher bounty than luffy, yes he would’ve been more ruthless but still, he’s up there with him in terms of resolve strength and will! They both have different styles (luffy paying close attention to the half dead old man in each panel whereas kidd really didn’t give a f) but they are on the same level. Going forward they can’t be too weak when faced against such seastone weapons. It’s the new world and if they are at the level they are they can’t afford to be bested by a mere seastone weapon or shackle alone. So a show of seastone tolerance is a level up for them that Oda wants to show for sure.

PS chances are the mysterious fishbone prisoner doesn’t have... hands?

Krazy

"He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"

Quite fun chapter i laughed quite bit, Oda is having fun with Smile users.
    Hmm Nami is receiving Kunoichi training don't know why i find quite appropriate, more dodge skills are welcomed for her since she is glass cannon .
    Usopp is doing job quite well on is own which is always nice to see.
    Things are being setup quite nicely.

Am I the only one who thinks Shinobu is by far the most annoying character in this arc?

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Just the first thing I thought of. Only someone who works with food would be that bothered by a new chef in town making waiting lines.

Since he calls Sanji a boy, I doubt it's a biggest ladies man on the island or something like that.
    Killer better be part of that cooking contest. SBS did confirm he is the cook of the kid pirates, about time he shows up again after kaidou attacked KHA alliance.

Btw kid's cook is part of the supernovas of worst generation, unlike sanji.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Also, regular Karate is also a thing in Wano.
    Ah remember back in the day when we were all hyped for the Fishman Karate Dojo.

good times
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Shinobu is by far the most annoying character in this arc?
    I'm undecided between her and Sanji.

My first thought for Kamazou was that he's Killer unmasked given the choice of weapon and the fact he's one of the Kid-Hawkins-Apoo alliance not accounted for post-Kaido suicide attempt.

6.5 or a 7 for me on this chapter. Pretty solid transition and set up chapter. Liked Luffy and Kid's interaction the most.

Highlight of the chapter is the Shiba Inu
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

I don't like at all how the saga is being conducted.There's no thrill, and this prison seems a joke.Even Dressrosa seemed more scary

Quote Originally Posted by Brack View Post
    My first thought for Kamazou was that he's Killer unmasked given the choice of weapon and the fact he's one of the Kid-Hawkins-Apoo alliance not accounted for post-Kaido suicide attempt.
    I didn't even remember Kira used scythes. That would be interesting, good way to use a rather ignored supernova. But I don't think so.

Had Oda given Kamazou a generic silhouette, I would take it as a placeholder design used just not to give any hints on Kamazou actual look. But the one he used seems distinct enough to believe it actually is the guy's actual appearance - and it actually seems to fit the sillhouette of Kawamatsu/Denjirou, so I think this one is a given.

If ive got to say anything about this chapter, its that its really awesome and hilarious to see Captain Kidd in action again. As little as he's been shown, almost every appearance has been epic to see and I feel like he's definitely gonna be one of the best parts of this Wano arc. Really hope/wish we still get to see the Kaido VS Kidd fight flashback.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information