+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 169

Thread: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

  1. #81
    Kishishi. Yo. Ho. Ho. BekaDidAct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Destroying fools in NW

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Kaido has over 500 of those users. You can't expect all of them to be a Lucci.
    They'll be fighting Moria's loser zombie army

    Hidden:


    Moria the Great
    ...

  2. #82

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Usopp, Nami, Robin, and Franky are the real Strawhat MVPs this arc.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  3. #83

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by Forseeable Future View Post
    Excellent chapter, classic SH hijinks galore

    Lol at Beast Pirates plan to break Luffy's spirit with food and exercise
    haha yeah so true, what are they even thinking. boredom and being locked up unable to do anything are luffy's nemesis'

  4. #84
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Smiles continue to be a curse on your consensual sex life.



  5. #85

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Based on how luffy and kid are able to workout just fine with seastone cuffs, this makes it even more likely that kaidou's club is fully seastone, it doesn't affect him at all because he got trained with it like luffy and kiddo.

    Not that I like it, seastone was the only real counter for the fruit users yet now you can train to be less weak against it.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 30th, 2018 at 12:00 PM.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I hope for rather dramatic fight at the end of arc. No sloppy jokes when fighting Kaido, still its clever way for Oda to do some small training for both of them.
    It won't be a joke, Kid hates the way Luffy's name is always in front pages. It will be a race to KO kaidou. It will be a lot of fun.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

  7. #87
    Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Joliet, IL

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    I can't wait to see how how Luffy's and Kid's rivalry develops throughout the arc. I wonder who it was that was watching Sanji?

  8. #88

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    I don't like at all how the saga is being conducted.There's no thrill, and this prison seems a joke.Even Dressrosa seemed more scary
    And I dislike that seastones doesn't make devil fruit users weak anymore.
    And that Kidd seems to be a buddy now. Kidd was introduced as exaggerating violent and brutal. That's definitely not Luffys friend type.

    So this chapter basically changed the canon.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Changed the canon? Kid's a buddy? What?

  10. #90
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    I sure hope there's a rank between Headliner and All-Star, because the non-Supernova Headliners are a bunch of damn goobers.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I sure hope there's a rank between Headliner and All-Star, because the non-Supernova Headliners are a bunch of damn goobers.
    There doesn't need to be one, it can (and is) working exactly like the Minister position.

  12. #92
    AAAaaaAAAaaAAAA~ MrBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by One Piece Fan View Post
    And I dislike that seastones doesn't make devil fruit users weak anymore.
    A guard in this very chapter said that the seastone was weakening them, and that they would be stronger without them. The two of them are just super strong to begin with. And even way back during Enies Lobby and Marineford, a handcuffed Robin and Ace weren't so weakened that it had any visible effect.
    Last edited by MrBits; November 30th, 2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  13. #93
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    There doesn't need to be one, it can (and is) working exactly like the Minister position.
    But the Sweet Commanders were also Ministers.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I sure hope there's a rank between Headliner and All-Star, because the non-Supernova Headliners are a bunch of damn goobers.
    Doesn't need to be actual rank, but sure is time for kaidou to show his perospero, snack, daifuku, tamago, oven, and who else was there. The supernovas don't count since they are bound to betray and they just got here like 1 month ago(except drake).

  15. #95

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    The fact we have a term for King, Queen and Jack as the Calamities, I am under the impression there may be non-Calamities All-Stars, the Calamities being the strongest among them. Joker (Doflamingo) could be an All-Star, for example, who knows who else.

  16. #96
    AAAaaaAAAaaAAAA~ MrBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    I'm satisfied with how the minor headliners have been handled so far. Between King, Queen, Jack, Hawkins, Apoo, and Drake we've got plenty of serious minibosses to keep us busy, and that's not even counting Orochi and any of his potential minions. Anyone else would just bloat an already huge arc. Having them just be wacky diversions is exactly what I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The fact we have a term for King, Queen and Jack as the Calamities, I am under the impression there may be non-Calamities All-Stars, the Calamities being the strongest among them. Joker (Doflamingo) could be an All-Star, for example, who knows who else.
    It's possible, but it seems more likely that it'll just be parallel to the 3 Sweet Commanders. When a Headliner can be as strong as a Supernova, there isn't really any reason to have more than 3 All-Stars. It just needlessly lessens the role somewhat IMO when you already have a position that has characters with wildly varying amounts of strength.

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    But the Sweet Commanders were also Ministers.
    Not sure how that disputes what I said.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Having them just be wacky diversions is exactly what I want.
    They are facing a freaking Yonkou crew; I expect a bit more then just wacky diversions

  19. #99

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    It's possible, but it seems more likely that it'll just be parallel to the 3 Sweet Commanders. When a Headliner can be as strong as a Supernova, there isn't really any reason to have more than 3 All-Stars. It just needlessly lessens the role somewhat IMO when you already have a position that has characters with wildly varying amounts of strength.
    Yeah, but what about the Daifuku, Oven, Perospero and the likes on the Beast Pirates? The Big Mom Pirates had a lot of monsters who were not among the Sweet Commanders but clearly the Headliners are not going to be around that level (we already saw Holdem, the headliner immediately below Jack, and...).
    A headliner being as strong as a supernova at this point apparently seems to be exclusive to the headliners who are a supernova, as every other headliner we saw so far is leagues below that level - and the supernovae are not real real real Beast Pirates, they are just a temporary addition, Kaido's crew can't seriously have just him and the 3 Calamities as threats.

    Even if we have more All-Stars, we'll still have the 3 Calamities to be a parallel to the 3 Sweet Commanders (and even the SC were actually 4 until a while ago). Actually, we always thought of the Calamities as being the Sweet Commanders equal, the term All-Stars only appeared a few weeks ago.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Yeah, but what about the Daifuku, Oven, Perospero and the likes on the Beast Pirates? The Big Mom Pirates had a lot of monsters who were not among the Sweet Commanders but clearly the Headliners are not going to be around that level (we already saw Holdem, the headliner immediately below Jack, and...).
    A headliner being as strong as a supernova at this point apparently seems to be exclusive to the headliners who are a supernova, as every other headliner we saw so far is leagues below that level - and the supernovae are not real real real Beast Pirates, they are just a temporary addition, Kaido's crew can't seriously have just him and the 3 Calamities as threats.

    Even if we have more All-Stars, we'll still have the 3 Calamities to be a parallel to the 3 Sweet Commanders (and even the SC were actually 4 until a while ago). Actually, we always thought of the Calamities as being the Sweet Commanders equal, the term All-Stars only appeared a few weeks ago.
    Why is that clear already? The arc's just getting started. You bring up Oven and Daifuku, but we didn't even know they existed until Ch. 861. (And Katakuri in Ch. 860.) And Perospero wasn't confirmed as a "monster" until that chapter as well.

    It makes far more sense for there to be stronger Headliners lurking about than for there to be more than 3 current All-Stars IMO. The only thing I would say is apparent so far is that perhaps SMILE users aren't worth taking seriously. (Outside of maybe Sheepshead for the weaker SHs, if he's still alive anyways) If the first decent Headliner is an actual Zoan user, I wouldn't be surprised tbh. In the end, it's not like it truly matters which of us is right here I suppose, as we'd get stronger crew members regardless. But I would certainly find it odd if there were more than 3 All-Stars.

    And yes, the Calamities are the Sweet Commanders' equal. It doesn't really matter that there used to be 4 of them; when we're introduced to them, there is currently only three of them. As for the All-Star rank, we were not introduced to it recently in Wano. We knew about it since Zou, though it was the synonymous title of "Lead Performer". It's just that everyone preferred to refer to them as Calamities I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts