+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 926: The Prisoner Mine

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Epoida isn't a centipede. He's a cartepillar.
    Boy, what a lackluster power.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Sorry it's late, but here are this week's translation comparisons.
    • The news kid shouts in Mangastream "They've come out again!", whereas in Jaimini's Box and VIZ, he says there's been "another sighting". Also, where in MS he says "Angry spirits", in JB he says "'I'll haunt you'" in quotes (like that's what the ghost was saying), and in VIZ it's "A tale to chill the bones!"
    • Similar to "tsujigiri" at the beginning of the arc, the word for "man-slaying" (MS) / "manslayer" (JB) is kept as "hitokiri" in VIZ. MS translates the full name to "man-slaying sickle", JB goes with "Kamazou the Manslayer", and VIZ keeps the full thing in Japanese but then explains what it means right after: "Hitokiri Kamazo, the man with the scythe", though that does make it seem like that's his actual name.
    • Also, for the Robin Hood-like thief, MS makes it sound like it's a grown man, referring to him as "Mr. Ox Three" without mentioning at any point (like JB and VIZ do) that he's a boy. JB calls the boy "Mr. Witching Hour", while VIZ takes the same tack as above by going with "Ushimitsu Kozo, the 'boy who strikes at the third hour of the bull'" (and the person gushing over him says "It's Ushimitsu!")
    • In the official translation, Usopp rhymes when calling people over to see his toad oil demo: "If you've no haste, with time to spare, then step right up, and see my wares!"
    • In the scanlations, the dark figure who's watching Sanji make noodles wonders if he knows whose island this is. In the official version, the figure instead wonders if Sanji knows whose "turf he's muscling in on".
    • In MS, Luffy calls Kid "Spikyhead idiot". In JB, the TN notes that Luffy calls Kid "Jagged-guy" similar to how he calls Law "Tra-guy" (and Kid calls him "dumb monkey bastard"). VIZ keeps this by having Luffy call Kid "Jaggy" like he calls Law "Traffy".
    • Something MS doesn't mention, but JB and VIZ do, is that in addition to being the Vice Warden of the jail, Dobon is also a Headliner.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    • In the scanlations, the dark figure who's watching Sanji make noodles wonders if he knows whose island this is. In the official version, the figure instead wonders if Sanji knows whose "turf he's muscling in on".
    Nice, that makes them sound even more like rival cook.

Kinda hoping Oda puts in some relevant side quests like that one in the arc. You know, gaining unexpected allies in an unconventional and unpredictable way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Unsure how I feel about keeping all those terms untranslated as if they are actual names... but it's hard to tell when it comes to samurai and feudal Japan and such, as people often ended up adding epithets to their actual names or going entirely by them, so the distinction is not very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    Don't think anyone can eat more then one smile, much the same way they can't eat two devil fruits.

Doflamingo "mass produced" them in order for more of Kaido's men to become smile users, supposedly: not to have users eat multiple smile fruits.

Perhaps the effects of smiles are proportionate to the fruit's perfection: if you remember back in the factory (Dressrosa) most of the smile fruits had imperfections on them, which is why the dwarves were being wipped.
    Smiles might not work like devil fruits though. Their effects might not be permanent too. We don't know enough about them. The animal they produce might be related to the one who consumes them. So the theory goes that they need to eat them again. That is possible why they had so many produced at Dessrosa factory. And the ones with imperfection might not be effective at all.

Quote Originally Posted by forgion View Post
    Smiles might not work like devil fruits though. Their effects might not be permanent too. We don't know enough about them. The animal they produce might be related to the one who consumes them. So the theory goes that they need to eat them again. That is possible why they had so many produced at Dessrosa factory. And the ones with imperfection might not be effective at all.
    That just complicates things needlessly. The simpliest option is that CC takes an animal gene and mixes it up with fruit's gene, and the person who eats the fruit can transform into the animal whose gene was in the fruit.

The differences in transformations can be attributed to different versions of the fruit, to difference in quality of each piece of fruit, or to difference in users themselves.

Depending on how big Kaido's crew is, I don't think there needs to be an additional reason as to why the fruits were mass produced. Not to mention Law was on PH for a while and should have been aware of something like that and it would make little sense to keep quiet about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

The Problem we've seen with some Smiles is, that some of the animal parts have their own consciousness (Holdem's Lion and that Hippo) and those consciousnesses aren't in line with the Smile-user's.
    Speed, mouse-man, Gazelle-man and bat-man didn't have those issues.
    I checked if mouse-man has eaten a real zoan DF. He ate a smile, but his hybrid form Looks almost like a real zoan hybrid.
    Holdem and Dobon really had back luck with their smiles.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Smiles almost seem as if Gastino simply gave zoan df to Apples the same way Vegapunk found how to give df to objects and then just modified them to function in a symbiothic relationship with human hosts when ingested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Discovered Stowaway Farsighted Annie's Avatar

Man..... did I loved this chapter , especially Kidd's and Luffy's interactions and it sounds like Killer survived .
    I still, have no idea what I'm doing

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information