+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw-man

Default Re: Chainsaw-man

There's some limitations on who and what she can control. She has absolute control over small animals, but on humans, fiends, and devils it seems that: a) they must belong to the structure where she is the boss; b) is more effective under direct eye contact or touch; c)there's bound to have a time limit or an awareness limit (such as Angel breaking free) ; d) stronger the will the less control she can inflict.
    Still don't explain the bit with the prisoners though.

Maybe it's one of those cases where the controlling-related power doesn't work on MC because the MC is too stupid to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    So first theory that popped into my head is a lot of people fear not being in control. Of course there are plenty of people who love not being in control and cling to religion and whatever but we'll forget about them. Anyway, I think the fear of not having any control over your life is a much bigger fear in Japan and if people fear not being in control than a "Control" Devil that can give you orders and take your control away could be a thing.

Next question is who does/has known about Makima? Angel knew, but forgot, so can Makima give "orders" for people to forget? Can she give orders for people to "love" her and then make them forget that she gave the order so they always act to protect her without really knowing why? Clearly Angel lost part of his memory and time when he suddenly regained control and realized it was night and what he had done. Yet he then forgot that.
    It feels nice when you're vindicated.

As someone who has lived in Japan I find it strange that he showed that Christian church being targeted in Japan. Japan was one place that Christianity never proliferated and one reason is that the Japanese actually killed the Christians to try and snuff out the foreign religion. Christian churches exist there, they just don't have a huge following or anything and I hardly ever saw any. Maybe he wanted to show that the gun devil had no problem massacring children but instead of targeting Japanese children in a school or park the idea that it might have been murdering foreign Christian children instead of Japanese children might have gone over better with the Japanese readers? I don't know if that makes sense but it just seemed very unnatural to show a Christian church in Japan of all things.

Also, does the Gun Devil really not target adult women? Makima has the appearance of an adult woman so something isn't matching up. Either the Gun Devil can kill anybody so it makes perfect sense to let the Gun Devil kill her from range or the President doesn't know it can't kill her because she already put a "control" on the Gun Devil. America only has 20% of the Gun Devil but of course Makima was the one that told us so she could have been lying. On the other hand Makima asked Denji to kill the Gun Devil from the very beginning. It seems like the entire story has come down to Makima, the Control Devil, being the most feared Devil so that when the Soviets found the Gun Devil, they willingly split it with America, China, and others to intentionally build up the fear of guns in order to raise the Gun Devil's power so that it would be capable of defeating Makima.

Honestly, I think like the Gun Devil, the Control Devil is so powerful it can't be killed but I think she would be impossible to control as well so killing is their only real option.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Still don't explain the bit with the prisoners though.
    Considering she seems to offer the life of the prisonners in exchange for the death of targets, I would see it as a contract she passed - or forces controlled victims to pass - with another devil (that she may or may not have under her control regardless).
    Last edited by Seafarer33; June 28th, 2020 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Considering she seems to offer the life of the prisonners in exchange for the death of targets, I would see it as a contract she passed - or forces controlled victims to pass - with another devil (that she may or may not have under her control regardless).
    Makes to much sense and is too tame for Fujimoto's wild ride.
    On other news, Gun Devil attacked Fuji's home town, what a madlad.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Makes to much sense and is too tame for Fujimoto's wild ride.
    Now we know there's a control devil, it may, but back then all we saw was her ask somebody to say a name and she crushed the target. It could also be her own power, just look at what happened with the Darkness devil.
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

So I've been re-reading the series. A lot of it makes more sense in retrospect than it did the first time, especially the Santa Claus Who's Who. Still as funny and brilliant, too.

I'm a bit fuzzy, however, when it comes to Devils. As far as I can tell we've met 3 categories of Devils on earth, or possibly 4 :
    - Devils who incarnate in their true form and roam freely, some of which are eventually killed or captured. Includes Bat from the early chapters , Future, Angel. Makima also ?
    - Devils who are not permanently incarnated but still manifest when a contract is made with them. Kon. The Stone devil. Could possibly be the same as above except they stay to themselves most of the time.
    - Devils who merge with a living human, making them practically immortal. Denji of course. Reze, Katana, and maybe Quanxi, fall under that same category.
    - Devilmen, or Fiends (I'm assuming they're a single entity labeled differently by different translators). Power, Violence, Quanxi's girls. What exactly are they and what makes them different from Denji ? Devils who take over the body of a dead human ?

Fiends are Devils taking a human corpse, just like power and just like Violence took up Arai.
    Devilmans are persons merged with a devil just like Denji, Reze, Shad and Quanxi.

Yes, they are fiends, power is just the blood devil, while denji is not the chainsaw devil, but denji.

I wouldn’t trust president Frump’s word at face value tho. Do we ever see a devil take human form? Was doll also a hybrid and not a devil as well?
    The point being, that for the random enemy, denji is the chainsaw devil, not denji. Makima could be the same.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think Santa only had a contract, a very specific one, she only became a devilman after eating part of Darkness Devil.

I dunno, the nature of their hive mind seemed to go back to before the darkness tasting.

While that wouldn’t discount a contract, that means that the doll devil was moving Santa’s soul around since forever, instead of Santa ... I don’t know, any option is weird. Being a devil man (devilfolk?) before and being a hive mind also is strange, the one that makes the most sense to me is that it is the doll devil itself, but then Germany deals with free devils is very strange to me.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Well someone with a contract with the Doll Devil should be able to also the puppeteer, the offering would be the ones that Santa failed in turning into perfect dolls.
    But yeah, Santa could also be a devilman

Thanks !

And yes, Santa/Doll is a whole other level of messy. I would assume Doll Devilman, because we didn't ever see creating puppets come at any cost (and how many of them there were !) whereas using Curse's nails did.
    Or did we ? Early on, she mentions having only 6 months left to live, so this might be it.

We just never saw the cost she paid. Like the President offered up 1 year of every American citizens life, she could have offered the Doll Devil years of her life or maybe there is something in particular that the Doll Devil craves.

The Future Devil usually made people give up a lot for contracts. One person gave half their lifespan and another gave up three of their senses. Aki just got lucky because he is a central character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    We just never saw the cost she paid. Like the President offered up 1 year of every American citizens life, she could have offered the Doll Devil years of her life or maybe there is something in particular that the Doll Devil craves.

The Future Devil usually made people give up a lot for contracts. One person gave half their lifespan and another gave up three of their senses. Aki just got lucky because he is a central character.
    I would not call it lucky and more that the Future devil is like Ryuk and knew that Aki would entertain him. I would rather lose three of my sense than live all the things that Aki has gone through since his childhood.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

Love how this series attracts a lot of really talented fan artists. Kudos to the people who made that animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    When this gets animated, this should be the standard. The artist already send his CV

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007328
    Spoiler:
    More names and ominous Makima is ominous.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    Guess Aki avoided fate as he died. Makima has died 29 times already geez, talk about overpowered. And she can use her dead puppets contracts? Gun Devil you are a joke.

This manga continues to be the most exciting read of the week

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information